Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

The big question: did the t.v. networks pay more to close the Big 12 expansion loophole?

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

But don't anybody make the mistake of thinking as that one idiot Ram who assured his peers they were in like flynn did that CSU has as much of a chance as Houston. For most promotions on the field performance doesn't mean much. However, CSU's football program is so far behind Houston's right now that if CSU doesn't close that gap soon, that new stadium won't mean diddly squat.

What's funny is that I actually thought most the CSU guys and BYU folk that expressed a high level belief they were getting in were kidding...many obviously were...but judging by some of the ire and absenteeism, I guess some really thought, 1) the B12 was going to expand, and 2) they were going to be a part of it.   

Champagne kisses and caviar dreams....all kaput. 

4 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I tried Sling for a few months, thats still a TV pkg though.  and it doesn't include CBS Sports.  

It is a subsription service that many "cord cutters" use. If you were asking if it is broadcast over the air for free, then no ( there are ways to get it without subscribing , but those are not sanctioned by ESPN).

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

37 minutes ago, Mano said:

It is a subsription service that many "cord cutters" use. If you were asking if it is broadcast over the air for free, then no ( there are ways to get it without subscribing , but those are not sanctioned by ESPN).

I've been using Sling, but am thinking of switching to PS Vue (for option of dvr).

On 10/18/2016 at 7:10 AM, pokerider said:

you still have to be a subscriber to a tv pkg to get espn streams dont you? 

Thank God for my Mother!!!

I think you can buy a stand alone ESPN App if you want to cut the cord completely.

On 10/18/2016 at 3:46 PM, roswellcoug said:

I've been using Sling, but am thinking of switching to PS Vue (for option of dvr).

I'm in the same boat. I upgraded to Sling Orange + Blue last month and have liked it. But I'm strongly considering Vue... if they release an Apple TV app, I'll switch then and there.