Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokerider

Who do you view your top 3 rivals, and top 3 could care less about in MWC?

Just curious, not out to bash other schools.  But for MW football (if UNLV fans can put BB out of their head) what 3 teams do you consider more or less rivals and 3 you could just care less about.  

For Wyoming, my rivals are fairly easy - AF, CSU and for me, NM.  (Not necessarily the 3 teams I most want to beat this year though)

The 3 teams I really could care less about - SJSU, Hawaii and sorry to say - Nevada (not because I don't like Nev, but I look at SDSU, Fresno and UNLV as bigger games)

Fresno, UNLV, and ourselves.  Kind of kidding, I don't really have much animosity for any, so I can't really say a third.  Basketball is the other Big 3's, and either Fresno or Boise.

Care less?  I don't really care for many teams more or less, so I guess the ones we don't play a lot.  Or the ones who don't have FB, MBB, and baseball all in the MWC.

Rivals:

Fresno State

Nevada

San Diego State

... which is why BSU fans would like to be in the West. 

Don't really have any meh schools except for SJSU. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Top 3 rivals for Hawaii:  The Pac-12 (pick any 3 from them)

Top 3 that we care less about: The MWC welfare recipients (you know who you are)

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

For Wyoming:

Biggest rivals - AFA, CSU, and for now UNM (I think the longer Utah State stays in that may supplant UNM, but for now we just have more history against UNM)

Don't care, well how about care about the least - whichever three teams in the West we don't play in a given year.

UNLV- Lots of potential to make it a football conference rivalry. The basketball rivalry is a good one. Looks of similarities b/t the two schools.

FS and SJSU, b/c it can be entertaining making your little sisters cry after they have behaved like obnoxious brats.

Screw the rest of you. I kid, I kid.

Rivals: BSU, SDSU, Hawaii

Couldn't care less: SJSU, UNM, CSU - This one is really a tossup between schools in the Mountain division. I like when we play almost every school in the conference because (when one team or the other doesn't suck) the games are usually decent matchups.

I'd definitely support dumping two schools and going to a 10 team round-robin schedule just so we'd get to play everyone every year.

Boise is our achievement rival, our AD's appear to be the best in the conference currently...but truthfully there isn't a strong connection there...MW scheduling is dumb.

I think the Cal game...and most PAC games for State, demonstrate who we wish our rivals were...

Who I couldn't care less about? SJSU/WYO/HAW...but honestly that list is really SJSU plus the 2 that pop in my head that day...

The only real, sustained animosity I have is toward UNLV basketball and UNM to a certain extent.

In football it's Fresno remembering the games in the late 60's -70's.

San Jose State and Hawaii could fall into a giant sinkhole tomorrow and nobody would miss them.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Rivals: UNLV, Boise, Fresno (kinda)

Don't Care: I'm going to follow @Jimbo_Poke's lead and say what ever Mountain Division teams we aren't playing this year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

football? lol

i'm 30 and unlv has had 4 winning seasons in my lifetime

anyone saying that unlv has a rivalry with anyone else in football is lying to themselves

the game with reno is nice because it has a big trophy but unlv doesn't have a football program

Guest #1Stunner

Who are BYU's top 3 MWC football rivals, and who does BYU care the least about?  That's easy...

BYU MWC RIVALS:

1--USU (immediate family)

2--BOISE (extended family)

3 / tie--WYO (Opposition in all Things)

3 / tie--HAWAII (our Poly cousins / Laie = BYU property)

BYU MWC CARE THE LEAST ABOUT:

1--Fresno (we are not relationed)

2--Nevada (not much flirting going on there)

3--San Jose (we like the City, but don't care much about the football team)

Rivals

1. UNR (In-state traditional rival)

2. SDSU (not a true rivalry, but will be a good one if we can get to their level)

3. Hawaii (Vegas is the 9th Island)

Care Least about playing:

1. Boise (No history here and they just destroy us. Hard to get excited about this one)

2. SJSU (No history)

3. USU (Little more history, but we hardly play them)

Overall, there is more feeling of camaraderie with the original MWC schools. Maybe the same will develop in time with the others, but those things take time.

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who are BYU's top 3 MWC football rivals, and who does BYU care the least about?  That's easy...

BYU MWC RIVALS:

1--USU (immediate family)

2--BOISE (extended family)

3 / tie--WYO (Opposition in all Things)

3 / tie--HAWAII (our Poly cousins / Laie = BYU property)

BYU MWC CARE THE LEAST ABOUT:

1--Fresno (we are not relationed)

2--Nevada (not much flirting going on there)

3--San Jose (we like the City, but don't care much about the football team)

You just don't like losing to us. :ph34r:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Definitely:

Fresno

UNR

Distant 3rd:

Rotating - Right now probably SDSU, but Hawaii in the past. USU has potential, but really there is only 2

Care less about:

UNLV

New Mexico 

SJSU

Honestly, you could probably put everyone here except UNR, Fresno, SDSU, Air Force, and possibly USU (proximity). The rest do nothing to stiffen my Johnson Rod