Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bignasty

How bad can the gays make life for BYU?

Many sources have reported that Big XII presidents are scared shitless to add BYU due to its Honor Code not allowing students to be gay.  So it cost them probably membership in a P5.

With the Gay CC moving its football championship from Charlotte to Orlando due to NC not allowing trannies to piss where they choose, will BYU be blacklisted from scheduling future games with ACC opponents?  Virginia is the only ACC team I see on the schedule so I would probably count on the 3 future games with them being canceled.  Will other conferences like the PAC or Big Ten follow the ACC?  Will the NCAA as a whole stop allowing teams to schedule BYU (Mark Emmert's #1 issue seems to be making the NCAA as a whole a lot more gay)  This could get really ugly really fast.

Obama already put most for-profit schools out of business, so Hillary is likely to focus on openly religious schools with BYU being the big whale.  She may yank federal loan programs, pressure accreditation boards, etc.  Is it possible BYU won't exist in 30-40 years?

12 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Many sources have reported that Big XII presidents are scared shitless to add BYU due to its Honor Code not allowing students to be gay.  So it cost them probably membership in a P5.

With the Gay CC moving its football championship from Charlotte to Orlando due to NC not allowing trannies to piss where they choose, will BYU be blacklisted from scheduling future games with ACC opponents?  Virginia is the only ACC team I see on the schedule so I would probably count on the 3 future games with them being canceled.  Will other conferences like the PAC or Big Ten follow the ACC?  Will the NCAA as a whole stop allowing teams to schedule BYU (Mark Emmert's #1 issue seems to be making the NCAA as a whole a lot more gay)  This could get really ugly really fast.

Obama already put most for-profit schools out of business, so Hillary is likely to focus on openly religious schools with BYU being the big whale.  She may yank federal loan programs, pressure accreditation boards, etc.  Is it possible BYU won't exist in 30-40 years?

How do you get from point A to point B in this argument? Obama didn't put these schools out of business. His admin stopped giving federal money to schools that graduate none of its students, and who are plagued by 10s of thousands in debt. These schools put themselves out of business for selling kids/people struggling with crap jobs the promise of a good one which just isn't happening. Secondly, you think Hillary "likely" wants to shut down religious schools? I think you're reasoning is shallow. If you can show me a single quote I'd be shocked all to hell.

If you're going to troll BYU fans you can do better than this?

I expect the "honor code" will migrate to be more like the "pirate code" in that it will consist of a loose set of guidelines rather than a set of "rules" for byu students.

Privacy laws and constitutional rights and such will be referenced and the "honor code" will end up being softened a bit.

That's my prediction.

I'm debating whether to move this to the OT forum. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Does the honor code restrict gays or just having sex with anyone (anyone)?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Religions bending ?!?! 

Every religion adapts to outside pressure. There's a reason religion is more progressive these days. Communication is real time and treating people badly who are different is wrong. It only took Christianity what, a few thousand years to figure this out? Mormonism may be weird and slow to adapt but it's not different than other sects of Christianity.

Just now, NevadaFan said:

Every religion adapts to outside pressure. There's a reason religion is more progressive these days. Communication is real time and treating people who are different is wrong. It only took Christianity what, a few thousand years to figure this out? Mormonism may be weird and slow to adapt but it's not different than other sects of Christianity.

Religions will be dragged into the light kicking and screaming !! 

And the overall populace is better educated in the sciences and don't buy into the hocus pocus of religion as they used to in day of yore 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Religions will be dragged into the light kicking and screaming !! 

And the overall populace is better educated in the sciences and don't buy into the hocus pocus of religion as they used to in day of yore 

Don't know about you, but it scares the f out of me. How can human's be so smart... and so stupid about religion?

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I'm debating whether to move this to the OT forum. 

Money talks. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

hahahahaha people who believe in god are dumb!  i was laughing all morning at this!  what a farce!  silly humans!  i believe in zeus, fairies, jeebus, and the whole lot!  yuk yuk yuk

also, mug

you made a sock with an avatar of a very hot girl who is possibly a tcsuf and they talk about byu

you are gunning for money you money grubbing gunner

also - lulz @ religious folk

Just now, NevadaFan said:

Don't know about you, but it scares the f out of me. How can human's be so smart... and so stupid about religion?

We could go on and we would agree.............but we would offend some & that is the state of human development circa 2016................perhaps in 4016, humanity will have less need for imaginary beings to ease their angst & science will have answered more questions.

But Santa Claus will persevere because he's been capitalized !! 

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

hahahahaha people who believe in god are dumb!  i was laughing all morning at this!  what a farce!  silly humans!  i believe in zeus, fairies, jeebus, and the whole lot!  yuk yuk yuk

also, mug

you made a sock with an avatar of a very hot girl who is possibly a tcsuf and they talk about byu

@mugtang We need a God, Deity, Easter Bunny, Zeus, Buddha, Quetzalcoatl, Great Spirit, Jupiter, et al forum  

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

also, mug

Wasn't me. The only sock I ever made was @Left Shark and I used @BSU Bob Kustra in the past.  Otherwise not me. 

As for God and this thread.  I don't understand why there can't be science in Religion.  Why does it have to be absolute?  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

@UNLV2001, you can talk about whatever the heck you WANT to talk about.  you can have the opinion that the only reason people are religious is because they're uneducated, unthinking, simpleton morons who will follow strong leaders to their own metaphysical (or otherwise) demise.  you can stroke your ego and ask what god needs with a starship and have a good yuk at religious folks expense.  you can bemoan how stupid they are and how feeble minded they are.

and i can mock you for it because that sort of nonsense bugs me.

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Wasn't me. The only sock I ever made was @Left Shark and I used @BSU Bob Kustra in the past.  Otherwise not me. 

As for God and this thread.  I don't understand why there can't be science in Religion.  Why does it have to be absolute?  

liar

this is a new sock, admit it.  i will start 10 byu threads on the hour every hour unless you relent.

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The Vatican has an observatory and astronomers...............in case the reptilians land, they are quick to convert like the Spanish did to Central & South America in the name of his high holiness