Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Rank 'em

Good teams 

1. BSU/SDSU 

Only other conference title contender 

3. AFA

Average or below teams that can make bowl game cause of how terrible conference is

4. CSU

5. UNM-You move up cause you didn't lose

6. USU

7. Nevada

Non top 90 FBS teams with bowl chance cause of how terrible MWC is 

8. SJSU

9. Wyoming

Holy +++++ do you suck

10. Fresno State

11. UNLV- losing to Idaho at home is about as bad as it gets

You are the worst of a terrible conference

12. Hawaii

1. Boise/sdsu - they should treat all their conference games like preseason. Prep for the ccg and try not to get anyone hurt.

3. air force  - might be a 10-win team

4. Nevada - the conference schedule will make polian look like Lombardi

5. New Mexico - sure why not

6. Utah st. - they'll sleepwalk to a bowl game

7. unlv - I thought I saw signs of life but, uh, I guess not

8. Sjsu/Colorado st. - would be the worst of the worst if it weren't for...

10. Wyoming/fresno/hawaii - ugh.

Boise/SDSU 

AF

Worse than AIDS tier:

Utah St., Nevada, CSU

Worse than Super AIDS tier:

San Joser, Lobos, Wyoming 

Worse than Ebola tier:

Fresno, UNLV, Hawaii 

Don't want to really judge all the teams. Every team has something to work on. But some top rankings.

1. BSU. Main reason, they've beat 2 big boy teams. Their OOC schedule is definitely the harder of the three top teams. Not taking anything away from SDSU. 

2. SDSU. Shown that you can play anyone and you have a solid offense. We can debate all day whether the team revolves mainly around Pumphrey, but that doesn't matter. As long as he's healthy and playing, you will be the team to beat and possibly go to a big boy bowl game.

3. USAFA. Even with all the pros and cons in the USU game last night, you've shown you definitely have an excellent run defense. And even with only 200+ yards rushing, you are still one of the leagues best rushing teams and can confuse them occasionally in the air. Your pass defense sucks, but you make up for most of it with pressure on the QB. Air Force always sucks on the road and especially at night. Getting the USU game out of the way with a win should help the rest of their season.

4-6.

USU. You have a very good passing offense, but you need to get the ground game working. If not, then teams with better pass defense, unlike Air Force, could bury you.

Reno and CSU. Both teams have the talent to be formidable opponents. If you find your consistency, I believe you'll turn things around. 

7. UNM. Not quite sure what to think. The potential can be seen, but there's a piece missing that I can't put my finger on. 

The remaining 5 teams obviously have problems. Almost like every quarter they are a different team. Football is 60 minutes. (In dog years), most times around 4 hours. You have to play the entire game. Moral victories of playing tough for a half, or through 3 quarters, doesn't count. That's like being "almost pregnant". No such thing. If you're going to lose, play solid all 4 quarters and lose like men. If you don't play strong all 4 quarters, and lose, then there's no rationalizing the good parts of the game. 

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

1. San Diego State 

2. Boise State   

3. Air Force     

4. Utah State   

5. New Mexico

6. Wyoming 

7. Colorado State

8. Nevada 

9. UNLV 

10. San Jose State 

11. Hawai'i 

12. Fresno State 

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999