Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pokez

Each school's best OOC win

9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise is 2-0 against the Pac. I think if Boise was a member they could at least finish 6-3/5-4 and go to a nice bowl game.

When Utah was in the MWC, they consistently beat P5 teams, specifically P10 teams.  Trust me, it's not the same as doing it every week when a conference title is on the line. I think BSU has a nice team and honestly I think they probably would be bowling this year but a couple of OOC wins doesn't automatically translate to P12 success. I'm not sure how good OSU and WSU are.

Look at BYU(and I think BSU is a better team). Each week they've had to prepare for a P5 team and they are 1-3.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is if BSU had P5 money, depth and recruiting they would compete just fine.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

When Utah was in the MWC, they consistently beat P5 teams, specifically P10 teams.  Trust me, it's not the same as doing it every week when a conference title is on the line. I think BSU has a nice team and honestly I think they probably would be bowling this year but a couple of OOC wins doesn't automatically translate to P12 success. I'm not sure how good OSU and WSU are.

Look at BYU(and I think BSU is a better team). Each week they've had to prepare for a P5 team and they are 1-3.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is if BSU had P5 money, depth and recruiting they would compete just fine.

From what I've seen thus far,  Boise St. and SDSU would both be in the top 4 in the Pac 12 this year, along with Utah and Stanford.   Still not sure how good Wash. and ASU are though. 

I want some of what he's  smoking, saying SUDS and SPUDS would be in the top 4 of the PAC12

Middle of the conference at best. I know we all love our MWC teams and feel we get unfairly dissed by the big boys but there really is a pretty big gap between the depth and athleticism of the power conferences and us little guys.

One of the Final Five..........

29 minutes ago, pokerider said:

From what I've seen thus far,  Boise St. and SDSU would both be in the top 4 in the Pac 12 this year, along with Utah and Stanford.   Still not sure how good Wash. and ASU are though. 

I think WA is pretty darn good.  Stanford travels to Husky stadium next weekend so that will be a must see game for PAC 12 North supremacy.  I've no idea which team will win this game as from what I've seen thus far they're pretty evenly matched.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Yeah, clearly Boise has played the #11/#12 Pac teams. I do think Boise could compete with Arizona, ASU, Oregon, Cal, and maybe a few others this year. I could be wrong though, and we had a bye week in between the 2 Pac games.

9 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah, clearly Boise has played the #11/#12 Pac teams. I do think Boise could compete with Arizona, ASU, Oregon, Cal, and maybe a few others this year. I could be wrong though, and we had a bye week in between the 2 Pac games.

I watched boize and wash last year.  Two nice young teams.  I have a hard time seeing wash as a top 10 team and Boise not.  Granted I think both are more near the top 20 but Boise is every bit as good as wash if not better.  I would say same if not more for sdsu. Both those teams would be hunting for the conf title. 

12 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise is 2-0 against the Pac. I think if Boise was a member they could at least finish 6-3/5-4 and go to a nice bowl game.

I think if SDSU was in the Pac we could go 4-5 and along with at least 2-1 OOC go to a crummy bowl game. Just like we will go to a crummy bowl game if we finish the regular season 12-0 this year but lose to a non-access bowl going Boise or AFA in the Molehill West title game so we once again fail to play in the LV Bowl. If that happens, my guess would be we would take our 12-1 record to DFW and play a middling Pac school in the Armed Forces Bowl. Is THAT a "nice bowl game"?

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 hours ago, Pokez said:

I still can't get over the fact that almost half of the conference hasn't beat an FBS school through 4 weeks.

The MWC isn't doing great, but your analysis is just silly negative spin. 

Most of us have 1 FCS game, 1 or 2 un-winnable pay day games and 1 G5. The conference pretty much only had 1 or 2 chances to beat FBS schools, and some of us have. I think where we've f-ed up is most of us that have a pulse have had 1 very winnable FBS game that we've blown. 

But come on, it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be with your spin. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SPUD and SUDS!!!!  Seriously guys, we got this until you all get your shit together.  SUDS and SPUDS!!!! will buy this conference a few years while you all fire your coaches and turn things around.  We gotcha.

None of them are going to fire their coaches. Instead they'll just keep paying morons like Caragher until their contracts run out and thereby dig themselves further and further into a hole which will therefore require more than just a few years to climb out of if they ever do manage that.

BYU is going nowhere fast as an independent, CSU ain't gettin' in the B12, etc., etc. The time for another airport meeting is now.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Most of us have 1 FCS game, 1 or 2 un-winnable pay day games and 1 G5. The conference pretty much only had 1 or 2 chances to beat FBS schools, and some of us have. I think where we've f-ed up is most of us have that have a pulse have had 1 very winnable FBS game that we've blown. 

But come on, it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. 

Yes it is. You guys are at least trying and at least decent. Fresno isn't decent but they won't stay terrible long term either. Same for Hawaii. However, I gave up hope on SJSU four years ago and how in the world UNLV could lose at home to a team which was 1-27 in its last 28 road games leaves me speechless. The MWC is garbage and those two schools from our division are particularly underachieving (and don't tell me you've turned it around in hoops, Rebels, SHOW me).

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

None of them are going to fire their coaches. Instead they'll just keep paying morons like Caragher until their contracts run out and thereby dig themselves further and further into a hole which will therefore require more than just a few years to climb out of if they ever do manage that.

BYU is going nowhere fast as an independent, CSU ain't gettin' in the B12, etc., etc. The time for another airport meeting is now.

Face it, there will never be another airport meeting. It's a terrible time to be trying to do a TV deal. The money wouldn't be that much different even if it were possible. Just with the high exit fees, slight TV deal increase, and increased travel costs back east, it wouldn't be worth the trouble. And there's plenty of other cost issues such as losing BB credits. And some schools that are good in FB suck at BB. What kind of BB conference are you looking at? Maybe worse.

kat.jpg

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yes it is. You guys are at least trying and at least decent. Fresno isn't decent but they won't stay terrible long term either. Same for Hawaii. However, I gave up hope on SJSU four years ago and how in the world UNLV could lose at home to a team which was 1-27 in its last 28 road games leaves me speechless. The MWC is garbage and those two schools from our division are particularly underachieving (and don't tell me you've turned it around in hoops, Rebels, SHOW me).

That was a horrible loss, BUT, Idaho is expected to do some damage in the SB. For an Idaho team, they're peaking. Right now, Idaho isn't nearly as bad as they were in previous years to get that 1-27 road record. It's a bad loss, but not FCS bad. Actually with the top 1/3 of FCS schools now being as good or nearly as good as mid to lower G5's, you can't say that any FCS loss is terribly pathetic. 

kat.jpg

Nobody among the have-nots is going to do anything until the B12 first acts. I thought Houston's win over Oklahoma would force the issue but UT must still be voicing opposition. However, I think if the Cougars get to the access bowl and make a good showing there and UT fails to win what is shaping up as a lousy B12 that the rest of the conference will apply so much pressure that UT will back down and allow Houston to come into the fold along with Cincinnati. Then everyone will pretty much know P5 realignment will be nonexistent until the B12's GOR expires in 2024. Maybe everybody will just sit back and wait for that.

However, BYU fans can blow smoke up our collective asses all they want but the rest of us know that independence isn't working for them and they will then know they aren't getting into the B12 until it implodes and those fans assert they may not even be interested in joining a B12 sans UT, OU, KU and maybe also OSU. So I think the way things are shaping up, there's a good chance rumors of an airport meeting will arise a year from now.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Not a chance.

A BOR conference would be hard to assemble, especially because the BOR conf.,wouldn't be that great, especially when you consider that most programs cycle from good to bad. Even Houston has had a couple of 5-7 seasons since 2010. Look at Fresno right now. With a new AD at SDSU, when Rocky retires there's at min going to be a down period. Especially if a turd is hired. 

You can cross off Houston, BYU and Cincy right now. That doesn't leave much to choose. The days of getting a Utah, TCU and BYU in an airport meeting are gone. 

kat.jpg

16 hours ago, Pokez said:

Air Force - Georgia St not Southern

Bosie St - Washington St (who lost to Eastern Washington this year)

Colorado St - UT San Antonio

Fresno St -  (only win) FCS Sacramento St

Hawaii - (only win) FCS UT Martin

Nevada - Buffalo 

New Mexico - (only win) South Dakota

San Diego St - Cal

San Jose St - (only win) FCS Portland St

UNLV - (only win) FCS Jackson St

Utah St - Arkansas St

Wyoming - 0-4 Northern Illinois

5 out of 12 schools in the conference have only 1 win and that lone win came against an FCS school.

That's some Sun Belt shit there.

Take SDSU & BSU out and the MWC might be the worst FBS conference in the country - IT IS THAT FUSKING BAD

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Most of us have 1 FCS game, 1 or 2 un-winnable pay day games and 1 G5. The conference pretty much only had 1 or 2 chances to beat FBS schools, and some of us have. I think where we've f-ed up is most of us that have a pulse have had 1 very winnable FBS game that we've blown. 

But come on, it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be with your spin. 

Only 3 out of 11 schools in the Sun Belt conference failed to win their lone winnable game against a fellow Go5 school in OOC  as opposed to nearly half  (5 of 12) of ours. They face the same uphill struggle in OOC scheduling as we do.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

3 hours ago, Pokez said:

Only 3 out of 11 schools in the Sun Belt conference failed to win their lone winnable game against a fellow Go5 school in OOC  as opposed to nearly half  (5 of 12) of ours. They face the same uphill struggle in OOC scheduling as we do.

That means nothing. You're generalizing and spinning too much in an attempt to push your agenda. If you're going to compare conferences, do it right. Come up with a ranking like Sagarins and use that to compare how tough the teams that each one of us are playing relative to each other. Ultimately, after next week you could just use Sagarins and Massey to determine who have the better teams. That's what really matters, anyway, not 1 G5 game. 

I just went and checked the conference rankings, and we're far ahead of the SB. Now they break the rankings up to have your 2 divisions ranked on their own. 

9. SEC - East

10. AAC - West

11. AAC - East

12. Independents

13. MAC - West

14. MWC- Mountain

15. MWC - West

16. Missouri Valley

17. CUSA - East

18. Sun Belt

19. MAC - East

20. CUSA - West

So even as shitty as we have done, we're still the #2 G5 Conference. 

kat.jpg

40 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

That means nothing. You're generalizing and spinning too much in an attempt to push your agenda. If you're going to compare conferences, do it right. Come up with a ranking like Sagarins and use that to compare how tough the teams that each one of us are playing relative to each other. Ultimately, after next week you could just use Sagarins and Massey to determine who have the better teams. That's what really matters, anyway, not 1 G5 game. 

I just went and checked the conference rankings, and we're far ahead of the SB. Now they break the rankings up to have your 2 divisions ranked on their own. 

9. SEC - East

10. AAC - West

11. AAC - East

12. Independents

13. MAC - West

14. MWC- Mountain

15. MWC - West

16. Missouri Valley

17. CUSA - East

18. Sun Belt

19. MAC - East

20. CUSA - West

So even as shitty as we have done, we're still the #2 G5 Conference. 

Ok, how's this....The Sun Belt has better success against the Go5 than us thus far. Since you want to throw out 1-2 pay day games as completely unwinnable. No spin. Just sad reality.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg