Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

BOISE! Airport meeting- STAT!

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Airport Meeting?

I think the Boise brass would be more comfortable at a truck stop.

Make it a Flying J and that's a big 10-4 good buddy! 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 9/25/2016 at 4:08 PM, HighNTight_SD said:

LoL ... unranked/not recieving votes 1-3 BYU  seems to have set stunner off

well that, and his wife's weekend set in TJ nearly killed the donkey. In other news, having their lunch handed to them by FBS doormat EMU two years in a row has really rustled wyo97's jimmies as well. 

On 9/25/2016 at 11:23 AM, AztecSU said:

BYU is on a downward spiral, better jump on a boat now before you're program drowns from front loaded schedules and FCS November home games. And let's not even address your groundhog day bowl situation. Feeling the for the Zoobs right now. 

What, we bring 15k to Maryland 12k to middle Tennessee.  BYU is power despite what the blind here think. I Can't think of one school with a bigger following in West. There is a reason PAC is playing us 4 games a year plus 3 straight rival weekend games. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, robe said:

What, we bring 15k to Maryland 12k to middle Tennessee.  BYU is power despite what the blind here think. I Can't think of one school with a bigger following in West. There is a reason PAC is playing us 4 games a year plus 3 straight rival weekend games. 

Clearly for the easy wins.. And also the "neutral" games played a few miles from their home stadium.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

well that, and his wife's weekend set in TJ nearly killed the donkey. In other news, having their lunch handed to them by FBS doormat EMU two years in a row has really rustled wyo97's jimmies as well. 

There's actually a lot of BYU fans in Tijuana. So, I've got a lot of respect for Tijuanans.  A lot of Mexicans are BYU fans.  And frankly, I'm tired of people belittling Tijuanans.

I'm calling on BYU to schedule either SDSU, UNM, UTEP, or a different Latino University (not Fresno, who sucks) for a neutral site football game at Estadio Caliente for a huge college football game.  

1280px-Xolos_estadio_caliente.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Clearly for the easy wins.. And also the "neutral" games played a few miles from their home stadium.

Wow.  I'm surprised you are against neutral site scheduling, given Boise's tradition....  The VA Tech vs Boise game was a classic. And I think Boise had 18,000 at that game.

The only two teams in the Intermountain West that the TV networks will even consider for these NFL Stadium games are BYU and Boise.  I havnt heard of any other team even being offered.

Guest #1Stunner
19 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Make it a Flying J and that's a big 10-4 good buddy! 

USU Stadium is now sponsored by Maverik gas stations.

When the deal with Taco Bell expires, it would be sweet if you guys brought on Flying J as a sponsor with naming rights.  I'm a big fan if Flying J.

40 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow.  I'm surprised you are against neutral site scheduling, given Boise's tradition....  The VA Tech vs Boise game was a classic. And I think Boise had 18,000 at that game.

The only two teams in the Intermountain West that the TV networks will even consider for these NFL Stadium games are BYU and Boise.  I havnt heard of any other team even being offered.

I'm just messing with the fake BYU fan.

For Boise to get those big neutral kickoff classic games again we will have to have more success.

For BOR conference to work it needs to address

1. Increase in ticket sales for either basketball or football and prefer both. 

2. Increase tv media deals which would have to include 3rd tier rights going back to schools instead of the conference.

3. Tie in to solid bowls

4.  NCAA credits would have to mean more bids to make up for the loss of auto bid and loss of previous 4 year payouts. It will take 4 years to make up for lost revenue from those bids.

5.  Enhance playoff/Big6 bowl chances.

1. For a SDSU this would mean yes continue to win but also having matchups that excite the fans and may also include a large contingent of their opponent fans coming to town. Plug in team x, y, or z instead of SDSU, its all the same question.

2. Media contracts are heavily rated on the top tier of the conference. Example, BSU, AFA, SDSU, and IMO FSU, will get 34 of the MWC televised games out of the possible 72 games available. It may not be FSU in that mix, but over half of the actual televised conference games will showcase the top tier of the conference and nearly half of all available games. The same in basketball. SDSU, UNLV, UNM, and USU are the top tier in basketball in television marketability. The 2nd tier hold their own and the bottom tier are not paid for by the networks . They are considered added value. IE, a BSU vs SJSU football game has more added value than BSU vs  NMSU, thus the invite.   

3. is all about good negotiations.

4.  Means getting a strong rpi conference.

5. Just means getting as close to the P6 as possible with who is available.  

Rumor (most likely false) sees the Big12 breaking up.  The best of the rest idea should wait until after 2018.

33 minutes ago, wyo97 said:

Trash talk is easy. It gets boring though. Not sure what I was going for other than "How many 'yo momma jokes' have you heard over the years?" gets pretty boring after a while.

I was also focusing on 'Dr Dre.' - not SDSU. IMHO SDSU has probably fielded their best team in the last 25-30 years. Its a long ways from Chuck Long and then "you can't choke without Brady Hoke."  As much as 'Dr. Dre annoys me', I'm pretty impressed with what your team has done here in the last 8 years. It has taken some time, but it has paid off, and this year it should pay off well.

Rocky must really like it down there. He is tearing it up finally.

@#$% Dr Dre

WAY too deep in this guy's walnut

2 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Boise

BYU

Houston

SMU

SDSU

Fresno

AF

Navy

Anyone inside this group NOT like the configuration??

smu-no-fans.jpg?resize=600,450

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Boise

BYU

Houston

SMU

SDSU

Fresno

AF

Navy

Is this assuming that Cincinnati, Memphis and the 2 Florida schools go to the Big 12?

I don't see how you could leave any of them out in favor of SMU.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Is this assuming that Cincinnati, Memphis and the 2 Florida schools go to the Big 12?

I don't see how you could leave any of them out in favor of SMU.

I'd take all the listed teams over the above bolded teams...

Texas and Cali - that's where big-time recruiting happens...

Plus, let's try to keep it somewhat geographically aligned.

New-Signature.jpg