Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Chicago shootings reach 3000

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

The government caused the damage, government needs to repair the damage. It's pretty simple.

Once we agree that it needs to happen generally we can work it the specifics- a sentiment expressed in the article by Coates you failed to read.

I don't know  if you're serious, willfully ignorant, or just trolling. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

22 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't know  if you're serious, willfully ignorant, or just trolling. 

Did you read the article?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

21 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Did you read the article?

No.  I would no sooner read an article about reparations than I would about the existence of Bigfoot.  

Some topics are just so ridiculous,  they are non-starters by default. 

Barack Obama

45 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

No.  I would no sooner read an article about reparations than I would about the existence of Bigfoot.  

If you're unwilling to challenge yourself intellectually then you really can't be helped. You probably also should refrain from arguing with people if you refuse to even remotely attempt to understand their viewpoint. Frankly, I fail to see the point of posting about OT topics in that case unless you just enjoy trolling. If that's the case, carry on, but you may find yourself getting responded to less. 

Trolling or not, you're hopelessly and purposefully ignorant. Good day

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

If you're unwilling to challenge yourself intellectually then you really can't be helped. You probably also should refrain from arguing with people if you refuse to even remotely attempt to understand their viewpoint. Frankly, I fail to see the point of posting about OT topics in that case unless you just enjoy trolling. If that's the case, carry on, but you may find yourself getting responded to less. 

Trolling or not, you're hopelessly and purposefully ignorant. Good day

You can challenge yourself intellectually without delving into the absurd. 

You should try it sometime. 

Barack Obama

7 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Or you could ameliorate the policies that create an environment of social malaise and crime, but hey, lets crack down even harder on already marginalized groups

There is probably something in the middle that needs to be reached, the problem is these police departments want to militarize more and more and the criminals try harder to get away with it and hide behind race. 

I think there is something to be said that maybe just maybe our "social" programs don't work and are doing more and more to create division then help because in most of these cities with horrific crime the mayor is a democrat

Detroit - D

Chicago - D

Baltimore - D

Oakland - D

Cleveland - D

Los Angeles - D

Atlanta - D

Washington DC - D

Milwaukee - D

New Orleans - D

I think you get where I am going..... 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

34 minutes ago, just_chris said:

There is probably something in the middle that needs to be reached, the problem is these police departments want to militarize more and more and the criminals try harder to get away with it and hide behind race. 

I think there is something to be said that maybe just maybe our "social" programs don't work and are doing more and more to create division then help because in most of these cities with horrific crime the mayor is a democrat

Detroit - D

Chicago - D

Baltimore - D

Oakland - D

Cleveland - D

Los Angeles - D

Atlanta - D

Washington DC - D

Milwaukee - D

New Orleans - D

I think you get where I am going..... 

I think the militarization was due to the Feds giving PD's surplus equipment and gear. 

I don't think the equipment is the problem.  As I see it, it's an attitude problem.  There is too much of an "us against them" attitude with both the police and some elements of the general public.  We have moved too far away from community policing. 

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I don't know how you could even begin to delve into reparations.. But there's no arguing the government is responsible for some of the problems, if not most of them in south Chicago. And other poor black communities.

Racist authoritarian governments run by democrats who divide people in anyway they can to get re-elected are responsible.

When you are constantly telling races they are inferior like the democratic government does.  It leads to division, hopelessness, lives of crime and misery.

That's the legacy of people like uSSR2001, Jackmoron and Akkula and the politicians they support.

16 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He is a racist. And he doesn't even know it.  

He has a weird combination of white guilt and white superiority.  Only whitey can solve the problems of the world.  All the problems of the world were caused by whitey.  

The kid is very confused.  He claims to be a libertarian, but he doesn't understand what a libertarian is.  Maybe he just thinks it sounds cool. 

But he's still young and dumb.  Maybe when he gets a prolonged dose of reality he will wake the phuck up.  

He's not the first campus brat to think he's got it all figured out. 

So do all white people have to pay reparations or just slave owners or is it guilt by association because you know, most of those pilgrims had slaves. What about Asians and Hispanics, especially the light skinned ones. You know they aspire to be white. Let's not stop there, the Natives have a pretty good case for getting paid. I'm sure POTUS has some accountants that can figure out an interest rate that will save us a lot of money like they did for Iran.

Sarcasm in case you can't figure it out without emojis. Oh bye the way, I can't be racist because I'm not white.

not directed at you, just commiserating with you

21 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

For slavery and Jim Crow... You know, the reason black people find themselves in the position they're in... Are you mentally challenged?

http://www.wupr.org/2015/02/22/the-libertarian-case-for-reparations/

And I know you don't like to read things that challenge you, but here

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

That was a long but heart breaking read.  Amazingly well written.  However you can not give something you do not have and the country does not have the ability to pay reparations at this time.  I would not be against raising taxes an extra 2% with that money going directly towards rebuilding infrastructure in black communities. It might not be perfect but I think something like that would have the best chance at getting passed.

17 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The article is very well written.  I did not think reparations are feasible before I read the article and I don't after reading it but I am glad I did.  Very educational and powerful.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That was a long but heart breaking read.  Amazingly well written.  However you can not give something you do not have and the country does not have the ability to pay reparations at this time.  I would not be against raising taxes an extra 2% with that money going directly towards rebuilding infrastructure in black communities. It might not be perfect but I think something like that would have the best chance at getting passed.

We've spent 5 trillion dollars on war since 9/11 as of 2011.. probably more now

http://nation.time.com/2011/06/29/the-5-trillion-war-on-terror/

Imagine what we could've done with some of that money. The taxes we could've cut, the infrastructure built, etc.

13 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

We've spent 5 trillion dollars on war since 9/11 as of 2011.. probably more now

http://nation.time.com/2011/06/29/the-5-trillion-war-on-terror/

Imagine what we could've done with some of that money. The taxes we could've cut, the infrastructure built, etc.

That was money we did not have.  No doubt the policies of Bush and Obama have failed and when Clinton is elected it will be more of the same.  Spending money we do not have on death, destruction and destabilization instead of rebuilding the crumbling infrastructure and investing in the declining education system.  

It is sad we feel a "moral" obligation to take care of the world but feel comparably little to take care of our own.    $14 billion was spent on k-12 educational infrastructure last year, that is not nearly, remotely acceptable.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:26 PM, youngrebelfan40 said:

A better economy

More educational opportunities for people in low-income areas

Guaranteed basic income

Desegregation of housing

Sending Ahbye to go crack the heads of black people (although he would certainly enjoy that) won't do shit. Neither will sitting and waiting for people to fix it themselves. Due to government policies and discrimination pulling themselves up by their bootstraps is impossible to do as a collective group

Not to mention Reparations, but that's a whole other thread  

Increased law enforcement on the already most policed areas just compounds the problem, especially with the utter ineptitude and disregard for black life that the Chicago police department has shown repeatedly. Then again, you don't give a +++++ about liberty, you just want to punish people who don't look like you

...And giving things away w/o accountability and calling folks racist wont do anything either.

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That was money we did not have.  No doubt the policies of Bush and Obama have failed and when Clinton is elected it will be more of the same.  Spending money we do not have on death, destruction and destabilization instead of rebuilding the crumbling infrastructure and investing in the declining education system.  

It is sad we feel a "moral" obligation to take care of the world but feel comparably little to take care of our own.    $14 billion was spent on k-12 educational infrastructure last year, that is not nearly, remotely acceptable.

Only 14 billion?  Link?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 9/17/2016 at 4:43 PM, Ahbye said:

You're a racist piece of shit.  Take your white guilt somewhere else.  I've actually grown up poor and on the dole.  We lived right next door to a Nigerian family with 5 kids.  We had five kids.  My dad and their dad took off at the same time.  My mom and their mom had to pool money and childcare just to +++++ing survive.  I slept in the same beds with them when the heat was off.  We beat the system.  Out of those 10 kids, we all have college degrees.  Most of them advanced degrees.  Two are doctors, two are police officers (that's a good thing, not bad like you liberals want it to be), one is in the FBI, one is a VP at Colgate/Palmolive.  To this day, 35 years later, we're still all great friends.  I've never done anything to anyone based on their race or social standing because I've been there.  Take your bullshit somewhere else.  You owe me an apology.  

Against all odds,your parents instilled a sense of vision, value and pride in all of you . It is an amazing thing and govt CAN NOT do this.