Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half Neslon

New LGBT Call for NCAA to "Kick Out" BYU and Church Schools

On September 15, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Half Neslon said:

NCAA must kick out BYU and anti-gay members, or North Carolina move is meaningless

Married same-sex couples cannot live together at BYU. Their children are considered bastards by the school [WRONG]. Gay students are afraid to show simple affection on campus. This is not hyperbole.

He has to be joking. Emmert cannot possibly have his head so deep in the sand that he has not heard of the struggles, loneliness and outright discrimination at BYU and other "Christian" schools.

It's nothing new. BYU has maintained these anti-LGBT policies for decades, openly discriminating against gay, lesbian and bisexual student-athletes in the name of God, Jesus, religion and the Mormon Church. If the NCAA is serious about maintaining its commitment to "fairness and inclusion," it cannot do so while BYU is a member of the NCAA. Frankly, that they have allowed BYU to remain speaks to the lack of true commitment to equality on behalf of the NCAA.

http://www.outsports.com/2016/9/13/12905930/byu-ncaa-north-carolina-gay-lgbt

Article focuses on kicking out BYU from NCAA / college athletics for "bigotry".   Calls the long-held Christian doctrinal view of engaging in LGBT relationships being a "sin" as institutional "discrimination", and "bigotry".

Also calls on the NCAA to kick out all Church schools that don't embrace LGBT standing, including Pepperdine.

"Long-held," say no more.  If it's a "long-held Christian doctrinal view" is MUST be RIGHT.

Who are these ppl telling the Mormon church their members should be able spend their lives with the same sex ppl they love.  How ridiculous.  If people wrote it in a book 6k yrs-a-go, it has to be correct.

On September 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM, roswellcoug said:

Here's the Obama-appointed head of the US Civil Rights Commission

“The phrases ‘religious liberty’ and ‘religious freedom’ will stand for nothing except hypocrisy so long as they remain code words for discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance.”

"The commission report is called “Peaceful Coexistence: Reconciling nondiscrimination principles with civil liberties.” Its top finding is this: “Civil rights protections ensuring nondiscrimination, as embodied in the Constitution, laws, and policies, are of pre-eminent importance in American jurisprudence.”

Translation: Nuisances including the First Amendment’s “free exercise” of religion guarantee take a back seat to the rapidly multiplying non-discrimination causes such as the “right” to coerce any baker you want into baking the cake you want for your same-sex wedding.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-liberal-gets-religion-1473722200

I can't believe the gov't won't late you hate ppl.  I feel your pain.

On September 15, 2016 at 11:33 AM, WyomingCoog said:

Aren't they always telling/demanding people be open minded? Oh, the irony here.....

YUP...ppl need to open their mind to hate created hundreds-of-yrs before the Dark Ages to control the masses.

On September 15, 2016 at 11:37 AM, SharkTanked said:

I thought it was football season?

YUP...I also thought this was a MWC Board.

Looks to me like a, Indy Conf Conspiracy Theory Board.

On September 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM, happycamper said:

I think this is a great idea but way to little in scope.

They're thinking small here. Obviously, the NCAA should kick out any church school. TCU, USC, the entire WCC and Big East.

What church is USC affiliated with?

'SC turned down the land that Pepperdine is on now in Malibu, because they didn't want to be beholden to a Christian Church group.

11 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I have a BYU "honor code" question.

What are the penalties for student engaging in consensual hetero sex? Are the penalties for engaging in homosexual activity different?

Same penalties, if gay or straight "fornication" (non-married sex).

Rule is no sexual relations outside of marriage. And straight people can marry. But Gay/Lesbian can't. (Church doesn't recognize gay marriage).

This happened with some BYU athletes over the years.  Brandon Davies was suspended from the University for 1 semester for breaking honor code (sex) until he could return.  He apparently self reported to the Honor Code office.

The punishment is more about Church repentance of what is viewed as a sin, and a loss of a privilege (attending BYU), rather than a penalty.  Idea that the offender needs to take a step back and change their conduct.  It is what is.  

If people don't like the honor code, they are free to attend other schools.  Here is the full honor code:

https://policy.byu.edu/view/index.php?p=26

59 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

What church is USC affiliated with?

'SC turned down the land that Pepperdine is on now in Malibu, because they didn't want to be beholden to a Christian Church group.

Originally were Methodist and their sports teams were the "Wesleyans". 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On September 15, 2016 at 0:40 PM, happycamper said:

They're thinking small here. Obviously, the NCAA should kick out any church school. TCU, USC, the entire WCC and Big East.

'SC hasn't been affiliated w/any religion since 1952.  Why would they be linked to this LGBT article article?

17 hours ago, Half Neslon said:

Same penalties, if gay or straight "fornication" (non-married sex).

Rule is no sexual relations outside of marriage. And straight people can marry. But Gay/Lesbian can't. (Church doesn't recognize gay marriage).

https://policy.byu.edu/view/index.php?p=26

"Same penalties???"

Because the Mormon church doesn't recognize same-sex marragies their treatment of of sex between same-sex & hetro couples is very different.  Same-sex couples have NO opportunity to engage in sex w/their partner while hetro couples do.

In the Bahamas, Guays are "persecuted", and neither the country's government nor its citizens are on board with the LGBQTWTFSMFHSJWBLM agenda. No SSM. No special protections. U.S.V.I. is a little better place for Adam and Steve. They had to go along with SSM after the SCOTUS usurped the tenth amendment and declared marriage a "right". But there are still no special protections for homosexual offenders in USVI.

Did the Bahamas' Bowl or the Paradise Jam have to go through the NCAA's certification process? If, so, how could these glaring violations of Guay Rights be overlooked?

#SelectivePoliticalCorrectness

12667677.jpeg

47 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

"Same penalties???"

Because the Mormon church doesn't recognize same-sex marragies their treatment of of sex between same-sex & hetro couples is very different.  Same-sex couples have NO opportunity to engage in sex w/their partner while hetro couples do.

I doubt there are any married gays that are members of the LDS church, let alone any that would want to attend BYU.

We're waiting with bated breath for you to criticize the MANY other churches that don't recognize gay marriage, as well as universities they sponsor, like Baylor and Notre Dame.  

12 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

as a Mormon, there is a large faction of LDS people that still wish that the gays would simply straighten up and fly right.  Fortunately, that is an old school philosophy that is dying out.

I would like to hear how the church can reconcile a gospel based on eternal families (headed by a woman and a man) with gay marriage. Are you proposing gay sealings in temples?  

1 minute ago, roswellcoug said:

I doubt there are any married gays that are members of the LDS church, let alone any that would want to attend BYU.

We're waiting with bated breath for you to criticize the MANY other churches that don't recognize gay marriage, as well as universities they sponsor, like Baylor and Notre Dame.  

I would like to hear how the church can reconcile a gospel based on eternal families (headed by a woman and a man) with gay marriage. Are you proposing gay sealings in temples?  

:lol:    where did I propose that?

I'm saying it took a long time for the LDS Church to confirm the nature part of the nature versus nurture argument of being gay.  It's only been within the last few years that they have publically admitted this.  I think Elder Oaks general conference talk about 5-7 years ago was the first and Elder Holland's talk last conference reiterated that.  There is still an older generation of Mormons/Baptists/Catholics/Muslims who still believe that being gay is strictly a choice.  Do you disagree?

Hate speech is in the process of being redefined and tolerance has already been redefined. Tolerance means that it's ok for you to have your own point of views as long as you agree with mine. Hate speech will mean any opinion or view point that doesn't whole heartedly, 100% endorse and accept another person's lifestyle choice and views.

10 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

:lol:    where did I propose that?

I'm saying it took a long time for the LDS Church to confirm the nature part of the nature versus nurture argument of being gay.  It's only been within the last few years that they have publically admitted this.  I think Elder Oaks general conference talk about 5-7 years ago was the first and Elder Holland's talk last conference reiterated that.  There is still an older generation of Mormons/Baptists/Catholics/Muslims who still believe that being gay is strictly a choice.  Do you disagree?

Yes, I disagree. 

Mormons do not believe that being gay us a choice.  You are incorrect with stating the Church's belief.

Gotta love the far left, liberal, supposed progressive, PC, tolerance, hypocrisy. They are tolerant of everything....... "As long as they AGREE with it". Traditional married should be tolerant of gay married; but gays don't need to be tolerant of traditional. And if traditional says anything, they are homophobic. Christians are suppose to be tolerant of other religions and atheists; but if they celebrate their holidays, say merry christmas, or put a nativity scene out, they are Islamaphobic, and others don't have to be tolerant of the christians. We're suppose to be tolerant of the world, but if the world isn't tolerant of our country, and we want to increase our country's security, then we are every phobic you can think of.

I have said for MORE than 30 years, that Political Correctness would cause the down turn of our country. So many friends and family have said; "I remember you saying this back in the 80's". Point is; BYU has every right in the world to have their religious beliefs, and it should have NO BEARING on the NCAA or universities as a whole. Same with any religious based university. Just like "Historically Black" universities; (PC version of black only university, that technically anyone can apply to), should be able to set their own set of rules, codes of conduct, etc. The only time that extreme positions shouldn't be allowed at a university, is when the university is a public school. But for private schools, they should be free to believe and conduct their lives any way they seem appropriate. If you don't like that school; don't apply to it. But ALL of the groups that people feel the rest need to be tolerant of; also needs to realize that they too need to be tolerant of the others.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

In the Bahamas, Guays are "persecuted", and neither the country's government nor its citizens are on board with the LGBQTWTFSMFHSJWBLM agenda. No SSM. No special protections. U.S.V.I. is a little better place for Adam and Steve. They had to go along with SSM after the SCOTUS usurped the tenth amendment and declared marriage a "right". But there are still no special protections for homosexual offenders in USVI.

Did the Bahamas' Bowl or the Paradise Jam have to go through the NCAA's certification process? If, so, how could these glaring violations of Guay Rights be overlooked?

#SelectivePoliticalCorrectness

I am sure New York has banned all state travel to the Bahamas, because it's the right thing to do!

But no! We don't try to interfere with other countries' internal policies, because that would be isolating and economically harmful to innocent citizens there. We only want to isolate and harm US states and citizens.:facepalm: 

7 minutes ago, Half Neslon said:

Yes, I disagree. 

Mormons do not believe that being gay us a choice.  You are incorrect with stating the Church's belief.

for a long time that was the position, and as I mentioned that has changed for the better the last decade or so