Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Obama Paid 1.7 billion to Iran

This subject really doesn't move the dial for anyone. This is just another example of the most transparent administration in history being the most manipulative administration in history. $1.7 billion in multidenominational, multinational currency on secret flights. Really? The Swiss are our intermediaries for both financial and diplomatic relations for decades. The fact that POTUS can come out and say that they couldn't do a wire transfer is laughable. People are so polar now that it doesn't matter. Why even report it.

Just now, NMpackalum said:

This subject really doesn't move the dial for anyone. This is just another example of the most transparent administration in history being the most manipulative administration in history. $1.7 billion in multidenominational, multinational currency on secret flights. Really? The Swiss are our intermediaries for both financial and diplomatic relations for decades. The fact that POTUS can come out and say that they couldn't do a wire transfer is laughable. People are so polar now that it doesn't matter. Why even report it.

A wire transfer from a US bank or any other country involved in the sanctions was prohibited by law. Theoretically, they could have transferred money to a country that was not part of the sanctions. But even then, there may have been legal issues.

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

A wire transfer from a US bank or any other country involved in the sanctions was prohibited by law. Theoretically, they could have transferred money to a country that was not part of the sanctions. But even then, there may have been legal issues.

So was transfer of cash. 

And didn't they lift sanctions prior to this transfer with the Nuke deal?

3 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Was it legal or not?  Everyone seems to be arguing legality out both sides of their mouths.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

11 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Very true. Obama is no longer relevant.  This kind of stuff is just business as usual for that shitstain. No one gives a shit. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 9/7/2016 at 9:33 PM, bluerules009 said:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/3/obama-admin-denies-400m-payment-iran-ransom/

The hostages couldn't win for the same reason Iran couldn't win a court case.   No country can be forced to pay anyone anything.  Unless you want to go to war over it which most of you ignorant racist authoritarians would.

Anyone claiming the U.S> was going to have to pay Iran is just idiotic.  This was a negotiated payment because no one could force the U.S. to pay anything.

Just like Iran Contra.

Libertarian principles in action. :lol:

It's all about business unless I disagree with it.  Then wah, wah, wah!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

On September 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM, IanforHeisman said:

Like it matters if it was paid in pennies or pesos.. Money is money.

You seem to be missing the point about the cash payment being illegal.  

Or maybe you just don't give a shit if the Obama's and Clinton's of the world can disregard our laws with impunity.  

Should laws just apply to Republican's? 

Barack Obama

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Senility setting in?  You make no sense moron.

Yeah, feign ignorance.  Typical.

The fact you ignore governments are just another type of business is convenient.   So let me dumb it down for you so you can understand.

If you had money stuck in some other country holding it and refusing to honor the contract that initiated the payment, or the return of funds for non-fulfillment of said contract your libertardian principles would be going apeshit.  The fact you believe one company doesn't have to honor funds transfer to another in a deal if they so choose exposes your lack of conviction in your principles.  Property is property, after all, right?

You prattle on about how business is everything, and then you show you'd willingly break all conventions if it suits you.  Which makes you a huge old, wrinkled red flag.  Wrapped in authoritative ideals of what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine for the taking.

Not really surprised.  But I love the hypocrisy.  It's a fundamental core element of you.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

3 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Yeah, feign ignorance.  Typical.

The fact you ignore governments are just another type of business is convenient.   So let me dumb it down for you so you can understand.

If you had money stuck in some other country holding it and refusing to honor the contract that initiated the payment, or the return of funds for non-fulfillment of said contract your libertardian principles would be going apeshit.  The fact you believe one company doesn't have to honor funds transfer to another in a deal if they so choose exposes your lack of conviction in your principles.  Property is property, after all, right?

You prattle on about how business is everything, and then you show you'd willingly break all conventions if it suits you.  Which makes you a huge old, wrinkled red flag.  Wrapped in authoritative ideals of what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine for the taking.

Not really surprised.  But I love the hypocrisy.  It's a fundamental core element of you.

You are making no sense moron.   Your drivel has nothing to do with the thread.  There was no business deal between the U.S. and Iran.  Iran imprisoned some of our citizens, killed others and I see no principle that is being violated if we don't pay them for it.   They are the enemy, they are not business partners.  You are a fucking idiot.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are making no sense moron.   Your drivel has nothing to do with the thread.  There was no business deal between the U.S. and Iran.  Iran imprisoned some of our citizens, killed others and I see no principle that is being violated if we don't pay them for it.   They are the enemy, they are not business partners.  You are a fucking idiot.

He doesn't have to "feign ignorance."  He's a natural.  

Barack Obama