Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antarctic79

Reported Big 12 Expansion Finalists

If they do not add, the CCG starting next year is going to be   b-o-r-i-n-g.  

Rematch.  Meh.  Especially if it's Bedlam.  Boomer and State always close their season against each other.  If they go perfect to that game, they will pretty much play again the next weekend.  Might as well go for a 14th game in that league and call it a Best of 3.  meh.    Round robin isn't enough...let's do it again!

The only thing remotely exciting is if that if we get added, we go to the non-Texas side probably.  It will be new and different.  But not as much fun as PAC ball, which I really want the most. 

Expanding by 4 would be fun in B12.   I could get exciting about that mess.....

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

3 hours ago, Coog kev said:

If they do not add, the CCG starting next year is going to be   b-o-r-i-n-g.  

Rematch.  Meh.  Especially if it's Bedlam.  Boomer and State always close their season against each other.  If they go perfect to that game, they will pretty much play again the next weekend.  Might as well go for a 14th game in that league and call it a Best of 3.  meh.    Round robin isn't enough...let's do it again!

The only thing remotely exciting is if that if we get added, we go to the non-Texas side probably.  It will be new and different.  But not as much fun as PAC ball, which I really want the most. 

Houston to the Pac! Houston to  the Pac! Yea! Yea! Yea! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Just :stop:

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

That's exactly what will happen, and for BYU and the MWC/AAC members, it will be the best conferece they've ever participated in.

You think?

The MWC was really good before you guys, TCU, and the Utes left.

UConn was in the Big East when Miami was still there.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

You think?

The MWC was really good before you guys, TCU, and the Utes left.

UConn was in the Big East when Miami was still there.

I don't think they were there for football when Miami was. 

I think it's safe to say a league with TCU, Baylor, ISU, Kansas State, WVU, BYU, Boise, Texas Tech, and whoever else is probably a better league than this place was during it's heyday.  Lots of the usual suspects.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

Even articles about SDSU are really about BYU:

It got a bit obscure in trying to explain the dual successes of its football and men’s basketball programs, saying things like, "SDSU is one of three schools to play in six straight football bowl games and play in a NCAA-sponsored men’s basketball event (NCAA or NIT) each of the last 11 seasons." (One of the others was BYU, a much more serious Big 12 candidate.)