Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Rank 'Em preseason

5 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii will surprise a lot of you. We got a 1,000 yard rusher back with the best OL we've had in 10 years (4 returning starters) . And he's not even our best running back who sat out last year. Throw in Rolo's improved passing game and Hawaii will return to their offense production of old.

If you were in the old WAC then I would believe you.  Instead your in the MW.  So your best OL in 10 years equates to about a last place finish here.  Good luck bub. 

1 minute ago, slappy said:

If you were in the old WAC then I would believe you.  Instead your in the MW.  So your best OL in 10 years equates to about a last place finish here.  Good luck bub. 

The WAC was so much better than what the MWC is now. The MWC would be even with the WAC if we removed Wyoming.  Hate playing Big Sky caliber schools, it lowers all of our SOS.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Hey @mugtang we should do a collective "people's poll" every week with all ballots tallied on a point system. We could do one for a national poll as well. Would be fun! I'll volunteer to tally points, maybe do 6 points for a first place vote (divisionaly), 5 pts for second, etc, then 12 points for an overall first place vote, 11 points for second, etc. What do you think?

I think, therefore I'm.

Just now, ClevelandBrown said:

Hey @mugtang we should do a collective "people's poll" every week with all ballots tallied on a point system. We could do one for a national poll as well. Would be fun! I'll volunteer to tally points, maybe do 6 points for a first place vote (divisionaly), 5 pts for second, etc, then 12 points for an overall first place vote, 11 points for second, etc. What do you think?

That works.  Just use the weekly Rank Em threads. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, Warbow said:

The WAC was so much better than what the MWC is now. The MWC would be even with the WAC if we removed Wyoming.  Hate playing Big Sky caliber schools, it lowers all of our SOS.

Anything correct in this thread?  Nope, didn't think so.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Sounds good but remember that the RANKULATOR is the official poll/standing of the MWC Board. Endorsed by the all mighty @mugtang.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Just now, Warbow said:

Sounds good but remember that the RANKULATOR is the official poll/standing of the MWC Board. Endorsed by the all mighty @mugtang.

This is also true 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

My work here is done. @mugtang don't forget our bet. We need a locked thread where bets are made and held for the world to see...I do not volunteer to help, I am just an idea man.

Mtn 

New Mexico / Air Force

Boise

Wyoming

Utah State

CSU

West

SDSU / Fresno

Nevada

UNLV

Hawaii

SJSU

MWC

Air Force / New Mexico

SDSU / Fresno

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Well it won't impede on the rankulator, it will just be better. ?

The RANKULATOR is going to make me a rich man this year. It predicted several upsets last year and I'm going to use the results this year as my Vegas betting line. I think I got the ranking points tweeked enough to predict 85% of the winners by point spread.

23 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Your the one saying your best o-line and big 1k rusher finishes last in a down MW not me.  I just thought it was funny. 

10 minutes ago, Warbow said:

The RANKULATOR is going to make me a rich man this year. It predicted several upsets last year and I'm going to use the results this year as my Vegas betting line. I think I got the ranking points tweeked enough to predict 85% of the winners by point spread.

Interesting. Does it take a few weeks to start coming together though?

I think, therefore I'm.

2 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Interesting. Does it take a few weeks to start coming together though?

Yes, by week 4 or 5 it starts to get pretty accurate. Usually before the conference season rolls around.

46 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

If a couple dozen brains are better than one, right now, Hawaii and Fresno have nowhere to go but up.

Fresno be having new head coach in bout 5 months. Good for them and good for the MwC.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Yes, by week 4 or 5 it starts to get pretty accurate. Usually before the conference season rolls around.

Meanwhile, it will look as though SDSU should be playing in the Sun Belt Conference.

Boom goes the dynamite.

East

Oklahoma

TCU

Oklahoma State

Iowa State

Cincinnati

West Virginia

West

Texas

Kansas State

Texas Tech