Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Ryan Lochte is an idiot - lied about being robbed

Lochte being an idiot isn't exactly a revelation new to this Olympics

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Lochte's lawyer Jeff Ostrow swore up and down yesterday that his client wasn't lying. 

Lolz. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Hopefully he'll be forced to compensate the Brazilian authorities for the cost associated with this mess. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

What an idiot and a "thug."  These guys smeared the whole country of Brazil with a huge media false report but never reported it to the police?  You also have to remember that laws in foreign countries are not the same as in the USA and you can't simply just go onto TV and spew lies designed to give you attention.  Even in the USA, foreign guest are not necessarily given all of the same due process and court protections that citizens enjoy.  Brazil was likely well within their prerogative to delay the travel until they sort out if a crime was committed and who did what.  There may not even have been a crime but Brazil has the right to investigate.

Posted Image

41 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

So did Brazil handle this the right way?

Does tourism take more of a hit from (1) news reports that an athlete was robbed at gunpoint or (2) refusing to let an athlete leave the country (by removing him from the plane)?  

no, pulling them off the plane and taking their passport is ridiculous

4 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

no, pulling them off the plane and taking their passport is ridiculous

They were potential suspects or victims of a crime.  How is it ridiculous?  Wouldn't you like our government to delay travel of a Brazilian to allow an investigation if the situations were reversed or do Americans just think they are special when they travel abroad?

Posted Image

39 minutes ago, Akkula said:

They were potential suspects or victims of a crime.  How is it ridiculous?  Wouldn't you like our government to delay travel of a Brazilian to allow an investigation if the situations were reversed or do Americans just think they are special when they travel abroad?

You want to go all banana republic on someone suspected of kicking in a gas station restroom door? A minor property damage claim at best?

I'm not excusing the swimmers' behavior, but this is all about Brazil getting its feelies hurt. Brazil is acting like the Iranians in Argo, racing to catch the plane before the hostages escape!

It certainly colors my desire to visit in future, hence my question if better PR would have been for Brazil to let it slide.

Phuck Brazil, one of the absolute worst countries to deal with for business. They rank right up there with Saudi Arabia...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

15 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

You want to go all banana republic on someone suspected of kicking in a gas station restroom door? A minor property damage claim at best?

I'm not excusing the swimmers' behavior, but this is all about Brazil getting its feelies hurt. Brazil is acting like the Iranians in Argo, racing to catch the plane before the hostages escape!

It certainly colors my desire to visit in future, hence my question if better PR would have been for Brazil to let it slide.

Nice dog whistles.  Brazil is not a banana republic and Brazil's issues are not on trial here.  They may have crime but they don't need a bunch of American brats causing crimes and diverting attention away from real crimes.  It is also funny that if the situations were reversed and this was a Brazilian, the same crowd who is dismissing this would be jumping all around talking about respecting borders and enforcing the laws of the USA.  You should listen to the press conference before you start blaming the victim here.

Lochte commits a crime and then smears the entire country.  He should have kept his mouth shut if we committed vandalism and left the country if he wanted a "pass."  If you want a stereotype, how about the "ugly American" one?

Posted Image

2 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

So did Brazil handle this the right way?

Does tourism take more of a hit from (1) news reports that an athlete was robbed at gunpoint or (2) refusing to let an athlete leave the country (by removing him from the plane)?   

23 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

10 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Nice dog whistles.  Brazil is not a banana republic and Brazil's issues are not on trial here.  They may have crime but they don't need a bunch of American brats causing crimes and diverting attention away from real crimes.  It is also funny that if the situations were reversed and this was a Brazilian, the same crowd who is dismissing this would be jumping all around talking about respecting borders and enforcing the laws of the USA.  You should listen to the press conference before you start blaming the victim here.

Lochte commits a crime and then smears the entire country.  He should have kept his mouth shut if we committed vandalism and left the country if he wanted a "pass."  If you want a stereotype, how about the "ugly American" one?

I am not talking about what is legal or moral or even ethical, but did Brazil hurt its reputation more by detaining American athletes? In my mind, they did. 

Just now, roswellcoug said:

I am not talking about what is legal or moral or even ethical, but did Brazil hurt its reputation more by detaining American athletes? In my mind, they did. 

So Brazil is hurting its reputation by investigating a crime?

I'm thinking this thread needs to be bookmarked any time Roswell posts anything at all about Obama ignoring immigration law or anything of the sort. What a hypocritical toolbag.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.