Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super six

10 most fun places to live if you love the outdoors

What's outdoors in Fresno?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Lol at what they call outdoors. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Proximity to Yosemite.  I'm wondering how did El Paso get on that list?

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Just now, Hoser said:

Proximity to Yosemite.  I'm wondering how did El Paso get on that list?

Yosemite is an hour from Fresno. If that counts, I'll see your Yosemite and raise you a Lake Tahoe and Olympic quality ski resorts. 

14 minutes ago, mugtang said:

They deal meth in a tent near a park.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

25 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Well.  There you have it. :D

San Diego made the top 10 ?

20 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yosemite is an hour from Fresno. If that counts, I'll see your Yosemite and raise you a Lake Tahoe and Olympic quality ski resorts. 

I was just stating why Fresno might have some outdoors appeal.  I like your bump tho, you win.  Wait a minute you could go on some of the wine tours, does that count?

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

CSUf does have a semi respected Viticulture Program that ESPN likes to highlight in its campus vignettes, so that's prolly where the association comes from. but that seething Shlthole is not in any kind of Wine Country. 

The Mountain West's best winery tour would be during a visit to San José State for a game.

#TestaRossa #PaulMasson and many more.

12667677.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Hoser said:

I was just stating why Fresno might have some outdoors appeal.  I like your bump tho, you win.  Wait a minute you could go on some of the wine tours, does that count?

There are vineyards in Fresno?

Serious question. 

Only one on that list I'd consider is Madison WI.  Spent 4 months traveling back and forth to Clovis just outside of Fresno 10 yrs back.  So glad when that job was done and have not been back.  I'd live there if I had to, but no way would I want to.

meh where's Western Montana/Northern Idaho? I guess the title of this should be most fun places for the outdoors in close proximity to a metro area (in which case Reno/Tahoe has a claim). 

Edit: never mind I now see the sub title "Fresh air is easy to find in these 10 metro areas."

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Only one on that list I'd consider is Madison WI.  Spent 4 months traveling back and forth to Clovis just outside of Fresno 10 yrs back.  So glad when that job was done and have not been back.  I'd live there if I had to, but no way would I want to.

Madison is an awesome college town!  If you ever get the chance, visit the Student Union on the shores of Lake Mendota.  Showed up on their campus about 15 years ago while on a brew tour while on an internship in Iowa...showed my UW ID at the union and was welcomed as part of their UW family.

Such a memorable night, outside of not being able to find where my buddy parked his car after a night of drinking on the docks.....

It's a real estate article restricted to the top 100 populated metro areas in the US so I get that parks and rec areas are the key metric.  I think they just might have gone too far with the title statement "Fresh air is easy to find in these 10 metro areas." Might want to reconsider Fresno's top billing or drop the 'fresh' air statement.

http://www.stateoftheair.org/2015/city-rankings/most-polluted-cities.html