Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sfcal

So what happens to the American now?

If the Big 12 just expands to 12,

I'm betting they take BYU and Houston

See my divisions re: Cougars both in the South, Okies both to the north 

then The WCC replaces BYU with either Denver or Seattle (they would drop down to 9 and 9 is the reason why 1-AAA conferences expand to 10. An even # is better for basketball/Olympic scheduling.)

So this gives the American the perfect opportunity to expand to 12 after losing just Houston. 

Do they take just Rice? To replace the H-town market 4th largest in USA? I can't see them taking UAB or Southern Miss or Army or UMass when they'd have a Texas sized hole in their western division. 

So I'm predicting Rice gets to leave the dumpster fire that is C-USA. 

But wait! Now C-USA is at 13 after losing Rice to AAC. So either CUSA can kick somebody or invite somebody. Well, I don't see them taking any schools from the Sun Belt. Who would they take? Texas state? Arkansas State? Kind of redundancy they have the state of Texas covered with UTEP, UTSA, North Texas. There's no replacing Rice,

But maybe they can solve their travel partner problem with UTEP. I say they should consider NMSU. Because UTEP is on an island in CUSA. But it doesn't bring any new markets. 

So CUSA must expand back to 14 to even things out. Either that or boot somebody and go down to 12. Who would they boot? It's not the MAC with UMass football only which was an easy decision to boot. 

I'm guessing CUSA takes James Madison from FCS to make Old Dominion happy. Or they take a gamble on Georgia State for the Atlanta market. 

Idk. 

I'd like to see NMSU be #14 in CUSA but it is a crapshoot between Arkansas State, Georgia State, James Madison, and New Mexico State. 

The playoff is here and I can hardly believe this day has come. Now when will the playoff expand to 8 teams? 2016 please come true.

BYU will only have a chance if they add 4.   By only adding 2, two AAC schools will be lost and they'll stay at 10fb/9oly.  Anymore losses they'll need to add 1 or 2 to get back to 10.  Have to wonder if Navy rethinks Indy if the AAC loses a few teams.

Basically, the BE leftovers will soon have a P5 conference to land in. (Cincy/UConn and perhaps USF)

Hey, welcome back Bob! Good to see you. But I don't see either school joining the Big 12. ESPN polled the coaches and they wanted Houston and BYU. Athletic Directors want strong athletic programs. Can't get any stronger with either Cougar school. And presidents make these decisions. BYU is the best available choice and Houston is not far behind. 

Cincy next best bet. Memphis really has no chance. 

The playoff is here and I can hardly believe this day has come. Now when will the playoff expand to 8 teams? 2016 please come true.

27 minutes ago, sfcal said:

If the Big 12 just expands to 12,

I'm betting they take BYU and Houston

See my divisions re: Cougars both in the South, Okies both to the north 

then The WCC replaces BYU with either Denver or Seattle (they would drop down to 9 and 9 is the reason why 1-AAA conferences expand to 10. An even # is better for basketball/Olympic scheduling.)

So this gives the American the perfect opportunity to expand to 12 after losing just Houston. 

Do they take just Rice? To replace the H-town market 4th largest in USA? I can't see them taking UAB or Southern Miss or Army or UMass when they'd have a Texas sized hole in their western division. 

So I'm predicting Rice gets to leave the dumpster fire that is C-USA. 

But wait! Now C-USA is at 13 after losing Rice to AAC. So either CUSA can kick somebody or invite somebody. Well, I don't see them taking any schools from the Sun Belt. Who would they take? Texas state? Arkansas State? Kind of redundancy they have the state of Texas covered with UTEP, UTSA, North Texas. There's no replacing Rice,

But maybe they can solve their travel partner problem with UTEP. I say they should consider NMSU. Because UTEP is on an island in CUSA. But it doesn't bring any new markets. 

So CUSA must expand back to 14 to even things out. Either that or boot somebody and go down to 12. Who would they boot? It's not the MAC with UMass football only which was an easy decision to boot. 

I'm guessing CUSA takes James Madison from FCS to make Old Dominion happy. Or they take a gamble on Georgia State for the Atlanta market. 

Idk. 

I'd like to see NMSU be #14 in CUSA but it is a crapshoot between Arkansas State, Georgia State, James Madison, and New Mexico State. 

I'm your huckleberry... I'll take that bet all day long.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

33 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Air Force (Football Only)

Navy (Football Only)

That will be Big-12 Expansion.

Air Force already turned them down. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

28 minutes ago, DrBulldog said:

Fresno State/SDSU if two, add UNLV and another MWC team if they go to 14.

Why would they make move to a conference that just lost its best teams.  That doesn't make any sense at all.  If the AAC loses 3 of Houston, Cincy, Memphis, Uconn, USF, UCF. That conference is on a competitive level of maybe CUSA. Why would you want Fresno to play there?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

AAC will add some combo of niu, rice, southern miss.   They were bad before when they added TooLame and Tulsa over MWC schools and only getting worse.   They are stuck with those anchors now.   

Posted Image

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Why would they make move to a conference that just lost its best teams.  That doesn't make any sense at all.  If the AAC loses 3 of Houston, Cincy, Memphis, Uconn, USF, UCF. That conference is on a competitive level of maybe CUSA. Why would you want Fresno to play there?

My post was meant to be B12 expansion not AAC expansion.  Fresno State/SDSU to B12 if they add 2, add UNLV and another MWC if B12 goes to 14.  Why should CSU be the only expansion candidate from the MWC for the B12?

8 minutes ago, DrBulldog said:

My post was meant to be B12 expansion not AAC expansion.  Fresno State/SDSU to B12 if they add 2, add UNLV and another MWC if B12 goes to 14.  Why should CSU be the only expansion candidate from the MWC for the B12?

Oh now I get it.  Sorry. 

10 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

If b12 goes to 14 a BOR is coming. Gets your resumes ready. 

No need, the BOR will already exist. It'll be known as the Mountain West. 

1 hour ago, sfcal said:

Hey, welcome back Bob! Good to see you. But I don't see either school joining the Big 12. ESPN polled the coaches and they wanted Houston and BYU. Athletic Directors want strong athletic programs. Can't get any stronger with either Cougar school. And presidents make these decisions. BYU is the best available choice and Houston is not far behind. 

Cincy next best bet. Memphis really has no chance. 

BYU, Cincy, Houston, and Memphis (in that order) makes sense to me...builds a bridge to WVU, those four bring good football, good basketball, and good markets...plus, schools like Memphis and Houston would accept a reduced share for the first say 5 years...and it brings in major corporate donors like FedEx and AutoZone (Memphis) and Kroger (Cincy) to sponsor the Big XII football/basketball title games. (that means the other 10 schools would get the extra money from the reduced shared to Mem/Hou, and get more money from the championship game sponsorship)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

My crystal ball says:

CSU, BYU, Houston & Cincinnati all as full members into the Big-12.

I kinda see the letters SMU in the ball. But it's kinda fading away now that their BB program is going to sink without Larry Brown.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 minutes ago, Half Neslon said:

The AAC will go hard after Colorado State (full membership) and AFA (football only).

They may also add Rice for non-football. 

:rotflmfao:  @ Rice

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.