Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half Neslon

Attention Colorado State: The BIG12 is going to expand.

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Norvell has a good squad, and has recruited well...

We'll see.  Still a bad time.  Program stability always helps.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

UPS sucks.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

No link needed...  The announcement will come soon enough.  BYU is in!  

You sound like Chad Sexington during spring 2011.

Boom goes the dynamite.

33 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

If it has to be four, those would be good choices.  Houston doesn't have much of a reputation in Texas, but it is a school that share some history with TCU.  I have no problem with BYU either.  Cincinnati is a good school and is probably the program most ready for the P5 out of the AAC choices.  I am not as high on Memphis, but they might thrive in the Big 12.

Not a chance. They'll be the B12's version of Vanderbilt but without the academics.

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Everyone makes a bowl these days.  It's not hard to win six games.  You're touting a kicker?  I just see Memphis as a school in the middle of SEC country between Ole Miss and Tennessee.  I think it would be a dilutive addition to the league.

Any addition not from a P5 will be dilutive at this point. If you're going to add 4, it would be nice if 2 that are at least drivable for a bulk of the conference. Especially if they want a full member. 

I used to think BYU and Cincy,

but I'm convinced it is now BYU and Houston. 

Congrats, Cougars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys did it and you both deserve it. What has Cincy done? They suck. But if the Big 12 goes to 14, then I would throw in Cincy and Memphis (both aren't ideal).

in a 12 team big 12,

texas, tcu, Houston, Texas tech, Baylor, BYU

Oklahoma, OK St, IOwa St, Kansas, K St, West VA

i think Houston balances the division's perfectly. Let the sooner state schools go north! That's what Bill Snyder wants. The old Big 8 boys!!

BYU and TCU back in the house! The BYU Cougars can easily compete in that South with Texas, Tech, TCU, Houston and Baylor who will now suck. Wow. 

The playoff is here and I can hardly believe this day has come. Now when will the playoff expand to 8 teams? 2016 please come true.

If Houston is a sure bet and they only go to to 2 schools initially I no longer like BYU's chances as part of the "first wave".  Cinci seems like an absolute certainty.

Mine:

Big 12 South

Baylor University 

Brigham Young University 

University of Houston

Texas Christian University 

Texas Polytechnic University 

University of Texas, Austin

Big 12 North

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

West Virginia

The playoff is here and I can hardly believe this day has come. Now when will the playoff expand to 8 teams? 2016 please come true.

Don't know.  Don't care because other than maybe CSU, nobody is going to the Big12. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, sfcal said:

I used to think BYU and Cincy,

but I'm convinced it is now BYU and Houston. 

Congrats, Cougars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys did it and you both deserve it. What has Cincy done? They suck. But if the Big 12 goes to 14, then I would throw in Cincy and Memphis (both aren't ideal).

in a 12 team big 12,

texas, tcu, Houston, Texas tech, Baylor, BYU

Oklahoma, OK St, IOwa St, Kansas, K St, West VA

i think Houston balances the division's perfectly. Let the sooner state schools go north! That's what Bill Snyder wants. The old Big 8 boys!!

BYU and TCU back in the house! The BYU Cougars can easily compete in that South with Texas, Tech, TCU, Houston and Baylor who will now suck. Wow. 

Oklahoma and Texas will not be split apart by divisions.  While they'd love to play in a Big XII title game it would not be worth giving up the annual big money, big exposure Red River Rivalry game.

16 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I'd be good with that. It weakens our rival and BYU going B12 doesn't affect us at all.

Who's your rival j/w? BYU?

NW, we do that in the Pac anyway with UCLA/Stanford, USC/Oregon, it's not a big deal. People want to see that title game. It's just a cross division game the Red River Rivalry 

It doesn't make sense to Keep the 6 together down south and throw BYU up north. It leaves the divisions unbalanced. I think this is the perfect opportunity to balance divisions and make some travel easier. 

Football, travel doesn't mean much, but having divisions means that BYU wouldn't have to go to West VA as often if it's in the south with the TX schools. And OK schools might like having an easier path to the title game with the KS schools. It's basically the old Big 8 again with WV and the Southwest Conference with BYU

5 minutes ago, sfcal said:

Who's your rival j/w? BYU?

NW, we do that in the Pac anyway with UCLA/Stanford, USC/Oregon, it's not a big deal. People want to see that title game. It's just a cross division game the Red River Rivalry 

He means the rival league, the AAC

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

My bad. The AAC really isn't that strong. All it takes is a strong year by Boise or somebody else. And Houston won't be going 13-1 ever again. 

If expansion has to include Houston, all that means is Memphis will be out. Memphis was very borderline anyway.

So to slightly modify my prior prediction, Cincinnati and Houston get full membership and BYU and Boise are let in for football only.

And that will put an end to the best of the rest concept until the B12's GOR expires when UT, OU and probably also KU bolt, following which what's left of the B12 will evolve into a national best of the rest - or nBE 2.0 if you will.

Boom goes the dynamite.