Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half Neslon

Attention Colorado State: The BIG12 is going to expand.

Congrats to whoever gets pulled up to the big leagues. There will be a lot of hostility towards your school on this board, but it will be from envy and jealousy.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

9 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Congrats to whoever gets pulled up to the big leagues. There will be a lot of hostility towards your school on this board, but it will be from envy and jealousy.

Most true statement on here today.

Who knows if any MWC or BYU will even get selected.

Regardless, there are MWC programs that deserve to be at a P5 level (with P5 pay), but unfortunately aren't.

If the BIG12 is to expand to 14 teams, then it may pressure the PAC12 to expand to 14 teams (which could be good news for UNLV and SDSU).

If BYU gets a BIG12 invite, I will treat 25 people to Aggie Ice Cream.

Redeemable at the USU Creamery.

Even Wyovanian (who desperately should eat some ice cream to improve his foul disposition).

52 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Lol!

media market #17 in the nation. Athletic dept has winning records across the board.  Excellent academics.

solid school reputation.

fan base size is improving and expect new stadium to help with that.

Every candidate has worts so will default to overall school quality.

LOL. CSU and that Denver market they like to claim.

Man, about time we get out of this shit hole. No offense, but all of you suck.* I look forward to playing you in our cupcake games, though. 

article-2621508-1D9E77A800000578-902_964

* Except Wyoming. I always want to play you. <3

I really hope having FedEx offering big $$$ for Big XII football/basketball championships puts Memphis over the top...Memphis and Cincy build a bridge to WVU, top 50 media market, and we would even take a reduced TV share...but is it enough? who knows....?

football team sure picked a damn smart time to get good...I hope we cream Kansas at home this season in front of a big crowd for the Big XII boys to see.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1. Bowlsby, on what drove the expansion decision:

16 retweets16 likes

Retweet

More
  2. 14-team Big 12 is on the table. BYU, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF, USF, Colorado State, Houston, UConn, Boise State, others

12 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Better than having no market whatsoever.  (i.e. Boise)

But there has been Boise State gear spotted at the Denver International Airport. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Half Neslon said:

Wow.  Could mean BYU as a football only.  

Lol, or anyone they add. I am scared for you if the B12 looks east the whole way. Keeping you in my thoughts as a decision looms Stunner!

46 minutes ago, Half Neslon said:

Most true statement on here today.

Who knows if any MWC or BYU will even get selected.

Regardless, there are MWC programs that deserve to be at a P5 level (with P5 pay), but unfortunately aren't.

If the BIG12 is to expand to 14 teams, then it may pressure the PAC12 to expand to 14 teams (which could be good news for UNLV and SDSU).

We have a winner.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Who? BSU, CSU, UNM, AFA... Why not UNLV or SDSU or FSU?

because we're going to the Pac 14...:shrug:

anyway, we're the sleeper in the big 12. we've already been in discussions with them. did y'all forget fertitta money? why do you think they sold ufc?:D

but seriously, our chances would have been better if dave rice hadn't killed off our basketball program again..but yes, football drives the bus. on the other hand, they may think they want to have somebody for kansas football to beat up on.