Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Allie Ostrander makes finals in 5k

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

That kid is amazing. She will leave Boise State as the most decorated athlete in school history. Crazy they were able to land her 

she is the most talented MWC athlete in any sport.  She will end her career with a dozen or so national titles, maybe more.  The commentators today were saying she is the future of team USA mid distance running.  To put what she is doing in perspective, she was 4 years younger than the second youngest to compete in the 5k at the Oly trials, she herself said she was not in nearly the shape she hoped she would be in due to her extensive rehab, yet she just ran a time that would have won a national NCAA tittle without another runner in sight.

Former UW Thrower Mason Finley is #1 in the discus field right now. Throwing in rainy conditions he threw 179'11" on his 1st attempt and 218'11" on his 2nd. Closest throw to him was 199'11". 65 meters is the qualification distance. He may not even have to throw in the finals today to be chosen for the Olympic team.

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

9:20 is very impressive.  Nice one!

Yes, that 9:20, beat her ncaa record by what, 3 seconds... And she still came I. Second in the final!

I hope Allie did well, and punched her ticket to Rio?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

8 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yes, that 9:20, beat her ncaa record by what, 3 seconds... And she still came I. Second in the final!

I hope Allie did well, and punched her ticket to Rio?

Final is tonight on NBC.  Unlikely she makes it to Rio, her injury set her back to far.  This is all about gaining experience for 2020, she is still just barely 19.  I am hoping to see her place in the top 8 with another sub 15:30.