Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Lobos Release Non Conference Basketball Schedule

It's decent, strength of it will likely depend on how we do in the Wooden Legacy

Nov. 11 vs. Idaho State
Nov. 14 vs. Houston Baptist
Nov. 18 vs. New Mexico State
Nov. 24 vs. TBD (Wooden Legacy)
Nov. 25 vs. TBD (Wooden Legacy)
Nov. 27 vs. TBD (Wooden Legacy)
(Wooden Legacy field: Cal State-Northridge, Dayton, Nebraska, New Mexico, Portland, Texas A&M, UCLA and Virginia Tech)
Nov. 30 vs. Abilene Christian
Dec. 3 at Illinois State (MVC/MW Challenge)
Dec. 7 vs. UTEP
Dec. 10 at New Mexico State
Dec. 17 vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff
Dec. 20 at Arizona

2 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Does UNM like playing UNMSU twice a year?

No, I'd rather just play them once and open up another home and home. It's not going away though, you kinda just learn to accept it.

Glad to see regional rivals Utep, and Arizona, back on the schedule... And my two cents for del scorcho's question... Like sebasour says... No. I think like football, one game a year should be enough.

Lobo fans and UNM, would have to petition the state legislature to drop that unneeded second game with the gaggies... But we're their only big money maker game for them, outside of a Utep visit... So, damn state politics won't allow it I'm afraid.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Glad to see regional rivals Utep, and Arizona, back on the schedule... And my two cents for del scorcho's question... Like sebasour says... No. I think like football, one game a year should be enough.

Lobo fans and UNM, would have to petition the state legislature to drop that unneeded second game with the gaggies... But we're their only big money maker game for them, outside of a Utep visit... So, damn state politics won't allow it I'm afraid.

That has got to be the dummest requirement I have ever seen.  Both of you can schedule P5 teams away and make better money instead of playing each other twice.  Plus it would help your RPI as well.  

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Loser schedule.  Quit playing pansies.

Well said ph... now... back on your moma's tit!

boobs cat kitten

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Last year Boise played UC Irvine, Arizona and Michigan State in the Wooden Legacy.  That was one extra top-100 and two top-50 opportunities that they otherwise might not have picked up.

UNM can get that same scheduling boost depending on who they draw in the Wooden Legacy. 

11 hours ago, sebasour said:

It's decent, strength of it will likely depend on how we do in the Wooden Legacy

Nov. 11 vs. Idaho State
Nov. 14 vs. Houston Baptist
Nov. 18 vs. New Mexico State
Nov. 24 vs. TBD (Wooden Legacy)
Nov. 25 vs. TBD (Wooden Legacy)
Nov. 27 vs. TBD (Wooden Legacy)
(Wooden Legacy field: Cal State-Northridge, Dayton, Nebraska, New Mexico, Portland, Texas A&M, UCLA and Virginia Tech)
Nov. 30 vs. Abilene Christian
Dec. 3 at Illinois State (MVC/MW Challenge)
Dec. 7 vs. UTEP
Dec. 10 at New Mexico State
Dec. 17 vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff
Dec. 20 at Arizona

It would be great for the conf if y'all could make some noise in the Wodden tourney.

Good luck sweeping New Mex State in your home/home dates!!!

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Loser schedule.  Quit playing pansies.

What a constructive post.  You add so much to the board w/your impressive in-site.

I wish we would schedule a home and home with New Mexico State instead of 1 game with USD. New Mexico State usually has a good record which helps RPI, assuming a win (which hasn't been easy for UNM).

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

35 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

I wish we would schedule a home and home with New Mexico State instead of 1 game with USD. New Mexico State usually has a good record which helps RPI, assuming a win (which hasn't been easy for UNM).

One Petco Park setback and you want to drop USD from your schedule?  You won't gain anything because because if UC San Diego finds a D1 home they would simply replace your little sisters.

10 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I am going to the Arizona game.  Glad we are playing those guys again.

4 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

One Petco Park setback and you want to drop USD from your schedule?  You won't gain anything because because if UC San Diego finds a D1 home they would simply replace your little sisters.

Can you look closely and discover what assumption makes your question illogical? 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

7 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

What a constructive post.  You add so much to the board w/your impressive in-site.

UNLV and San Diego State are the only schools who challenge themselves consistently in the non-conference.