Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

Basement Dwellers

Guest Dr. Dre

All time MWC last-place finishes (including divisions and ties) in 17 seasons. WHYome has a stranglehold on doormat status. yet thel\y'll tell you again how this will be the year and that they somehow belong in FBS. I mean, if you can't win in THIS conference, just where can you? Sun Belt with NMSU?

Boise State 0

Fresno State 0

SJSU 0

Nevada 0

Utah State 0

Air Force 1

Colorado State 1

SDSU 1

Hawaii 4

New Mexico 4

Unlv 5

Wyoming 8

Guest #1Stunner

I'm not worried about Wyoming this season.  

I've got the Cowboys going to the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego.   Craig Bohl has a lot of talent this year. 

I predict that Fresno will finish last,  and will fire their coach. 

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

All time MWC last-place finishes (including divisions and ties) in 17 seasons. WHYome has a stranglehold on doormat status. yet thel\y'll tell you again how this will be the year and that they somehow belong in FBS. I mean, if you can't win in THIS conference, just where can you? Sun Belt with NMSU?

Boise State 0

Fresno State 0

SJSU 0

Nevada 0

Air Force 1

Colorado State 1

SDSU 1

Hawaii 4

New Mexico 4

Unlv 5

Wyoming 8

You forgot about USU. 

Add them to your list please. 

Guest Dr. Dre
6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I've got the Cowboys going to the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego.   Craig Bohl has a lot of talent this year. 

Yer a complete idiot. 

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

We're firing our coach even if we go 7-5. The only way he keeps his job is if we somehow get back to 9 wins, which I put at a 0.001% chance of happening.

I don't see us finishing at the bottom of the conference this year though, we might be next to last, but not last.

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Yer a complete idiot. 

Your words hurt. 

But I stand by my statement.   Wyoming fans will descend upon San Diego in late December when their team plays in the Poinsettia Bowl.  You'll see 30,000 Cowboys fans in town that week. 

Luckily,  San Diego has amazing restaurants.   I can't wait for this year's Poinsettia Bowl. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We're firing our coach even if we go 7-5. The only way he keeps his job is if we somehow get back to 9 wins, which I put at a 0.001% chance of happening.

I don't see us finishing at the bottom of the conference this year though, we might be next to last, but not last.

What your coach has done to Bulldogs Football is unconscionable. 

He needs to recruit better.  Or otherwise be fired. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Boise State 0

Fresno State 0

SJSU 0

Nevada 0

Utah State 0

Air Force 1

Colorado State 1

SDSU 1

Hawaii 4

New Mexico 4

Unlv 5

Wyoming 8

Holy shit, we've been a conference for 17 years already? crap that makes me feel old

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Holy shit, we've been a conference for 17 years already? crap that makes me feel old

AND you just described Wyoming's existence through those 17 seasons with one word

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

So does your wife's photo

gorillasmile.jpg

Is that from the San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park? 

San Diego is amazing.  I hope the Poinsettia Bowl partners with the famous San Diego Zoo.  That'd be amazing. 

I really like San Diego.   Best city in California. 

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What your coach has done to Bulldogs Football is unconscionable. 

He needs to recruit better.  Or otherwise be fired. 

He pulled a Pat Hill and was way too +++++ing loyal to his assistant coaches. Plus, he was hands off with what they were doing. Our recruiting has actually been decent if you look at talent level on its own; the issue is that there's been no development. Hopefully getting new coordinators and some new position coaches in for this year will help that. I still put us at least another year away from being able to compete for a championship. If things break our way, I think we make a bowl game, but he'll still be fired. If we go 1-3 in OOC, and then lose to UNLV, I think he'll be fired then and there instead of waiting until the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

AND you just described Wyoming's existence through those 17 seasons with one word

Nah, we had a few "meh" and even one or two "vanilla" seasons

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, retrofade said:

He pulled a Pat Hill and was way too +++++ing loyal to his assistant coaches. Plus, he was hands off with what they were doing. Our recruiting has actually been decent if you look at talent level on its own; the issue is that there's been no development. Hopefully getting new coordinators and some new position coaches in for this year will help that. I still put us at least another year away from being able to compete for a championship. If things break our way, I think we make a bowl game, but he'll still be fired. If we go 1-3 in OOC, and then lose to UNLV, I think he'll be fired then and there instead of waiting until the end of the season. 

It was my understanding that he was over recruiting JC guys. Looking for too many quick fixes.   I think Fresno being down has really made the West  division too easy.  Fresno needs to be a top team every year. 

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

It was my understanding that he was over recruiting JC guys. Looking for too many quick fixes.   I think Fresno being down has really made the West  division too easy.  Fresno needs to be a top team every year. 

We recruited some JC guys in order to fill gaps left by Hill. We did have a decent amount of turnover, which has hurt overall depth for the team as well. I attribute that to lack of development, and lack of maturity from the coaching staff resulting in players wanting to leave.

50 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Boise State 0

Fresno State 0

SJSU 0

Nevada 0

Utah State 0

Air Force 1

Colorado State 1

SDSU 1

Hawaii 4

New Mexico 4

Unlv 5

Wyoming 8

I get different totals (7 for Wyoming and 6 for UNLV)....but you think we finished last last year, but we didn't,   Hawaii did.

A couple bad coaching hires will do that.    But, during that same time Wyoming beat:

Tennessee (in Knoxville)

Ole Miss twice

UVA (Virginia)

UCLA

Dre.  What P5 schools has SDSU beat in the past 17 years?   

Guest Dr. Dre
12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Nah, we had a few "meh" and even one or two "vanilla" seasons

Wyoming MWC history

1999 7-4

2000 1-10

2001 2-9

2002 2-10

2003 4-8

2004 7-5

2005 7-4

2006 6-6

2007 5-7

2008 4-8

2009 7-6

2010 3-9

2011 8-5

2012 4-8

2013 5-7

2014 4-8

2015 2-10

ELEVEN losing seasons- NINE with 4 or less wins. A HIGH of 8 wins in one season. You're just not competitive in FBS. It's trending for the Cowboys- towards FCS.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Wyoming MWC history

1999 7-4

2000 1-10

2001 2-9

2002 2-10

2003 4-8

2004 7-5

2005 7-4

2006 6-6

2007 5-7

2008 4-8

2009 7-6

2010 3-9

2011 8-5

2012 4-8

2013 5-7

2014 4-8

2015 2-10

ELEVEN losing seasons- NINE with 4 or less wins. A HIGH of 8 wins in one season. You're just not competitive in FBS. It's trending for the Cowboys- towards FCS.

Yet we still own the series record....both football and basketball again you chumps.   

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, CO_Poke said:

you think we finished last last year, but we didn't

Yes you did. Look at the standings. Look at my OP. Where did WHY finish in the Mountain division. WHY and Hawaii both finished LAST. It's where you'll finish again this year to make it NINE times in 18 seasons. You get it now? You belong in the Big Sky