Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLVFan90

Pick 8: Team Black

Excuse me for getting all philosophical...

This year's Pick 'Em is an accurate metaphor of UC Santa Barbara in 2016. I was second the year before and excited.  We dominated the Rainbows in all the spring Olympic sports that @Warbow loves: baseball, softball, water polo, tennis.  

Then fall arrived and everything went downhill in a hurry.  I finished last in the Pick 'Em.   But we'll always have the memories of Omaha and next year will be better :)

On 7/11/2016 at 1:29 PM, aggzilla said:

Bama gonna be bama. Ceiling is 15, obviously, but I expect them to win at least 12. 

Washington is the sexy pick to win the P12 north and, perhaps, also be in the playoff convo. 10-13 wins.

i debated between the U and UNC; went with the canes since I think Richt can take that talent in South Beach and get more out of it than Golden and the canes get UNC at home. 8-10 wins.

Holgersen is on the hot seat, but I like their schedule and expect a middle of the pack finish in the B12. 7-9 wins.

I really like UTEP. They get Aaron jones back from a season ending injury. Lots of starters back on both sides. Easy OOC and all the CUSA toughies, sans LT, at home. They will be bowl eligible, but they could get as many as nine, including their bowl. 

I expect the Ragin Cajuns to bounce back to bowl eligibility. Maryland should win at least five, but can also become bowl eligible. Miami-OH is a phenomenal pick in the final three, can get 4-6 wins.

Overall, I'm expecting to get 62-66 wins, barring key injuries, of course.

Holy S**!, Aside from UTEP, who was a disappointment considering their schedule, I was just about spot on with the other 7. Special shout out to Miami-OH for turning their season around from going 0-6 to 6-6. If we are counting CCG's, which is what I thought we were doing when I posted this, then I should hit my prediction of between 62-66 wins.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

1 hour ago, aggzilla said:

Holy S**!, Aside from UTEP, who was a disappointment considering their schedule, I was just about spot on with the other 7. Special shout out to Miami-OH for turning their season around from going 0-6 to 6-6. If we are counting CCG's, which is what I thought we were doing when I posted this, then I should hit my prediction of between 62-66 wins.

I think I exceeded my picks, Stanford Tennessee and UNLV were major disappointments for me but Auburn, Temple Troy and Army overachieved. I can't catch you but if Troy beats Georgia Southern and Army beats Navy I finish tied for 2nd. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 7/11/2016 at 1:55 PM, just_chris said:

Not thrilled, I always worry about teams that have struggled to compete in the SEC and then predicted to do well and Tennessee could be that teams this year. Stanford while good has a brutal schedule and a new QB. Temple needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke, Auburn is probably the worst team in the SEC West. I actually really do like the UNLV pick, FAU and Army could both win 6 games or both could lose 8-10. You need about 60 wins to be in the top 1-4. I predicted 60 wins for my teams last year and I think we won 61 and finished 3rd. 

This year I see about 56-58 wins for my team, not good enough to win. 

Insane , nailed it on Tennessee and Stanford

Temple proved it wasn't a fluke at 9-3

Auburn overachieved

UNLV was a bust

FAU was 3-9

Army is going bowling and I will end up with between 56 and 58 wins. Dam I'm good 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

My last pick was 10-2 ??

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Michigan State and ECU let me down.  Midwest Sparty did an epic faceplant compared to recent years. I nailed it with Florida and Louisiana Tech, but that's about it. 

My biggest failure was UCLA. I really read the tea leaves wrong on that pick. I thought about switching to chicken bones for next season but then noticed @kalua pig's results. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

31436193595_49b294272f_k.jpg

PD=Points Difference (Points for - points against)

Congratulations to @aggzilla, the winner of Black Team!  The Army-Navy game yet to be played won't impact the top spot.

And screw you LSU - thanks for nothing!  I passed on Alabama for your sorry ass?  Never again!

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism