Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise State recruiting 2017

49 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@LoFasZz - prep your entire alimentary canal. 

I'm not worried about it. We have 4-5 more three stars we'll be getting. Pretty much every single recruit we have has P5 offers

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

19 hours ago, RogueStout said:

lolfart will not be pleased about this. 

To be fair, he did say CSU would be "1 or 2" in recruiting. Even that homer knows the pecking order in this conference

Harsin has gotten a 4**** in every class so far and now has two in this class with some time left. While some question his coaching there is no doubt he is a rock solid recruiter

14 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

I'm not worried about it. We have 4-5 more three stars we'll be getting. Pretty much every single recruit we have has P5 offers

Yee-haw. The next time CSU beats Boise State in recruiting will be the first time they have beaten them in recruiting. You guys might be able to get 2nd place, though. Good luck with that

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Need a JC recruit.  However we are LOADED from last class.  A full year of physical maturity on those kids and it will be a vast improvement from this year.

We were, but hardly any of them played this year. That was a little disappointing

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

We were, but hardly any of them played this year. That was a little disappointing

Not physically mature, most of them needed that year of doing nothing but eating right, wind sprints and lifting to change their body type.  We gambled this year for a loaded 2017 but there is a reason they had the offers they had and were so highly sought after.  I saw our 310 pound future nose tackle beat a CB on a wheel route.  Just need to get guys like that D1 strong.  They just were not physically strong enough, but their combination of speed, size and agility are the best we have had since 2010 or 2011.  They just did not have man strength yet.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not physically mature, most of them needed that year of doing nothing but eating right, wind sprints and lifting to change their body type.  We gambled this year for a loaded 2017. 

That JC DT that turned to USC on signing day played in every game and had a decent year with the Trojans. He woulda been I nice transition to the HS recruits

56 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

No one does a better job in the MWC going head to head with P5 offers than Boise. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I contend though Boise's best players are often the most underrated in terms of scouting services.

Agreed.  No doubt about that.  What beating all these P5's every year shows though is our hierarchy in the CFB world.  When we recruit against Utah or Oregon State, It is expected we win those battles.  When we recruit against Texas Tech, ASU, Arizona etc it is usually 50/50.  Then under harsin we always seem to land a 4 star guy or two who could have gone anywhere.  Can't give too many details is it is paid information but Boise has a really good chance at a few more 4 star players this year.

Could use a running back or two, right?  If McNichols leaves early we'd be down to 3 scholarship backs. Cory Young (who I think was hurt most of this season), Robert Mahone (redshirted) and Alex Mattison (59 car - 307 yd, 4 TD).  

And linebackers...always need more linebackers.

Should be lots of good young competition on both sides of the line next year.

5 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

No one does a better job in the MWC going head to head with P5 offers than Boise. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I contend though Boise's best players are often the most underrated in terms of scouting services.

Very true.  According to Rivals, Thomas Sperbeck was the 3rd best WR (**, 5.4 rating) in that recruiting class (2013) and Boise State was even going to try to play him at Safety. Since 2012 BSU hasn't signed on scholarship a worse-rated WR than Sperbeck.