Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise State recruiting 2017

A few days ago we landed Mike Young a 6'6 330lb offensive tackle whose recruiting started to get interesting.  Only had G5 offers but will likely reel in several P5 offers before long.  Hope we can hang onto him.

And we got our QB Chase Cord.  Had offers 3 Pac 12 offers and 2 Big 10 offers and a Big 12 offer. which is nice and good but what leaves me with the warm fuzzies for this commit is how hard the Ivy Legue went after him.  He had offers (what constitutes for an offer in that prestigious group of schools) from Harvard, Columbia and Princeton. 

As a standard part of donk recruiting, you guys should implement some sort of background check and drug screening program(s).

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

19 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

As a standard part of donk recruiting, you guys should implement some sort of background check and drug screening program(s).

Pretty much should be standard for all D1 athletes.   But when you've got a minute, compare grad rates with the Broncos.  They tend to recruit better kids than most in the MWC.

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

Pretty much should be standard for all D1 athletes.   But when you've got a minute, compare grad rates with the Broncos.  They tend to recruit better kids than most in the MWC.

I hate to be rude here, but Boise State is not known for their academic reputation. Unlike CSU, you are known only for FB. We are known for academics and athletics.

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

The donks have more police blotter and academic scandal issues than the rest of the conference as a whole. Using grad rates as a metric is not a meaningful metric, but it is always paraded out by donk fan as some feather in their cap. That metric by itself is nothing more than window dressing and really has nothing to do with academics; it's nothing more than a checkbox for the NCAA good boy list.

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

4 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

The donks have more police blotter and academic scandal issues than the rest of the conference as a whole. Using grad rates as a metric is not a meaningful metric, but it is always paraded out by donk fan as some feather in their cap. That metric by itself is nothing more than window dressing and really has nothing to do with academics; it's nothing more than a checkbox for the NCAA good boy list.

Who remembers Marty "I hate Jews" Tadman's comments about BSU academics? Something about everyone knowing they're a joke and breezing through easy classes just to play football. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On May 31, 2016 at 10:22 PM, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Who remembers Marty "I hate Jews" Tadman's comments about BSU academics? Something about everyone knowing they're a joke and breezing through easy classes just to play football. 

I wonder if these bitter, full retard Fresno fans realize Fresno lists Boise St as a sister school. Probably not.

It is sad and funny to see Fresno fall so far to the dregs of the conference. Once a proud fanbase, now they hijack recruiting threads and obsess over Joser.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

I wonder if these bitter, full retard Fresno fans realize Fresno lists Boise St as a sister school. Probably not.

It is sad and funny to see Fresno fall so far to the dregs of the conference. Once a proud fanbase, now they hijack recruiting threads and obsess over Joser.

?☕️

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 5/31/2016 at 5:28 PM, Dogs4Me said:

Spin away.   

9 hours ago, roughrider said:

Spin away.   

55 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

No Boise St players have been arrested recently. Fresno has had a more recent arrest than Boise. 

But let's not throw some facts on your thread hijack.

You guys are completely right...not like you're dealing with sexual assault charges against two former members of the FB team, one of which is just suspended. Tell you what, you tally up the police blotter issues that FS FB has had since 2000 and then do the same for donkville. Let's see them facts...

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Boise fan here.I was wondering who you think might be the staring QB this year?

Two more this week.  Breydon Boyd a LB with 13 offers including Boston College, K State, Iowa State and 5 MWC schools.

http://www.scout.com/player/201258-breydon-boyd/recruiting?year=2016&s=336

JC saftey Young.  Only 1 P5 offer but looks great in his highlight reel.

http://www.scout.com/player/208008-michael-young/recruiting?year=2016&s=336

On June 14, 2016 at 9:18 AM, IanforHeisman said:

When 60 Minutes dedicates an episode to the conduct of the BSU athletic program, then Fresno fan can run smack.

Anyone remember the samari sword incident?

Posted Image

1 hour ago, edluvar said:

Anyone remember the samari sword incident?

Ah yes, Kenny Brunner. I believe he got arrested again for armed robbery a few months after the Samurai sword incident. That said, you have to respect any man that holds someone up with a Samurai sword. That's just total 100% bad ass. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Sounds like we lost a local kid to Washington State. Had an offer from CSU as well.

Sucks, we have to somehow keep the top talent in the state.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article89278407.html 

Boise State has never been great at keeping the highest rated local kids. Especially in the Treasure Valley. I think  they do a little better outside of the Valley, but the top kids all seem to leave the state.