Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Wyoming....How you gonna' bowl?

Well Pokes, how are you going to make it happen?  An automatic loss to CSU, and having to play the west side of the schedule.

Is Bohl's system ready to MWC yet?  What's your path to 6+ wins in '16.

Wyoming will have an OK running game (not great because D's will stack the box not worried about a Wyoming passing game) and their D will have problems. They might upset a team or two this year (because they'll be dogs in most games) but sadly it'll be another frustrating season for Poke fans. I feel their pain, honestly. Bohl was expected to make a solid difference in just his first year with a change in coaching the existing players. 

Polian is your guy. He can right the ship. I think we can work something out with us getting him there.

kat.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

Beat the sheep.

Wick and Hill tandem.

Beat the state of Nevada again.

Beat a down Nebraska.

Power over USU.

man you are HIGH

Pokes have a shot at winning 6 games, but will be tougher than last years sched.  But if Pokes can knock off the Nevada's,  beat EMU and then UCDavis,  then beat either AF or CSU, and then at least one of USU, NM or SDSU, that would give them 6.   Basically Pokes need to go 4-4 in conf, and in this conference that's certainly a possibility.  

I still say Pokes go in San Diego and ruin the Aztecs season!  

Guest Dr. Dre
19 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Pokes have a shot at winning 6 games, but will be tougher than last years sched.  But if Pokes can knock off the Nevada's,  beat EMU and then UCDavis,  then beat either AF or CSU, and then at least one of USU, NM or SDSU, that would give them 6.   Basically Pokes need to go 4-4 in conf, and in this conference that's certainly a possibility.  

I still say Pokes go in San Diego and ruin the Aztecs season!  

Is that all they have to do?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

YOU (and maybe Junky and CO POKE) are the ULTIMATE WHY idiot. COMPLETELY living in fantasyland. Here's a bit of reality to slap some sense into you. Wyoming will be Big Sky in 5 years.

Thanks for the laugh polerider

And, as if it mattered, the game is in LAMEarie

Our best chance is to go 3-1 OOC. Nebraska is not the Nebraska of old but they will never be easy at their house. If D's stack the box we have enough wide receivers to stretch the field. Our QB has a cannon, but he needs to learn to dial it down. 3-1 OOC and 3-5 in conference is doable. We'll go ahead and take the Fremont cannon again this year. There's 5 wins. Just need to find one more in the rest.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Is that all they have to do?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

YOU (and maybe Junky and CO POKE) are the ULTIMATE WHY idiot. COMPLETELY living in fantasyland. Here's a bit of reality to slap some sense into you. Wyoming will be Big Sky in 5 years.

Thanks for the laugh polerider

And, as if it mattered, the game is in LAMEarie

More likely that San Diego State drops football altogether in 5 years and joins all the other Cal State's with just basketball and womens volleyball etc.  But hey at least you'll still have baseball!  

And beating Aztecs in Laramie is even better! 

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, pokerider said:

More likely that San Diego State drops football altogether in 5 years and joins all the other Cal State's with just basketball and womens volleyball etc.  But hey at least you'll still have baseball!  

And beating Aztecs in Laramie is even better! 

Not only will we have football and all the rest, but we'll also be palying in the top division of college athletics, free from the achors and worthless freeloaders like WHYoming. I know you can see the writing on the wall. And it just chaffs your ass. Just like your ole lady's.

Our QB has one of the biggest arms I have ever seen and is pretty athletic. If he can learn some touch he might come out of nowhere to surprise this year and coupled with our running game could turn our offense pretty good. Our defense could still be an issue. But our players were incredibly young last year so another year of experience has to help. they can't get any worse.

Guest Dr. Dre

WHY has won a total of 74 games in 17 years. What makes you guys think anything will change, I have no idea. Year after year after year the optimism outshines the reality of their fate- FCS 

Same way everyone else will

Rely on this conference sucking 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Hire Briles....

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

Not only will we have football and all the rest, but we'll also be palying in the top division of college athletics, free from the achors and worthless freeloaders like WHYoming. I know you can see the writing on the wall. And it just chaffs your ass. Just like your ole lady's.

So is that why Wyoming will be on TV at least 8 times this year?  And we typically draw better than half the MW teams.   

From the WAC to the MW, we have been saying how San Diego State should have been dominating this conference for the past 30 years.  You guys have underachieved on a annual basis, most of your fans would certainly agree.  If SDSU gets into the Pac or B12 whatever, my hat will be off to you.  But you have a long ways to go, and you should be worried more about what SDSU does than what Wyoming is doing. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

Not only will we have football and all the rest, but we'll also be palying in the top division of college athletics, 

Yeah, because the rest of the football world has been so impressed with your ability to participate recently in the Poinsettia and Potato Bowls. The big conferences have been dying for bowls like those. Maybe if they bring you on board, you can deliver those bowls to your new conference. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Guest Dr. Dre
3 hours ago, pokerider said:

So is that why Wyoming will be on TV at least 8 times this year?  And we typically draw better than half the MW teams.   

From the WAC to the MW, we have been saying how San Diego State should have been dominating this conference for the past 30 years.  You guys have underachieved on a annual basis, most of your fans would certainly agree.  If SDSU gets into the Pac or B12 whatever, my hat will be off to you.  But you have a long ways to go, and you should be worried more about what SDSU does than what Wyoming is doing. 

Root, Internet, or Local channel 8 doesn't count as "on TV". And 8 games is all? 

Guest Dr. Dre
3 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

Yeah, because the rest of the football world has been so impressed with your ability to participate recently in the Poinsettia and Potato Bowls. The big conferences have been dying for bowls like those. Maybe if they bring you on board, you can deliver those bowls to your new conference. 

as if that was what it is all about. Don't get your thong in a wad, Montana/Wyoming will be a sizzling rivalry. 

23 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

as if that was what it is all about. Don't get your thong in a wad, Montana/Wyoming will be a sizzling rivalry. 

I had remembered this from last year SDSU played USD and had a huge crowd of about 48k,  then their next game against S.Bama, UCSD only had 18k?   So looks to me like most the college football fans in San Diego are USD fans moreso than UCSD.    You guys are almost 2nd fiddle in your own city, and the rest of California doesn't pay any attention to you at all.  
Like I said, you should really be worrying about our own schools football future than worrying so much about Wyoming.   But hey when you drop football you can still easily bus around to all the rest of the Cal State schools in So.Calif.