Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

2016 Arizona Bowl: Sun Belt vs MW next 4 years

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, MWC Tex said:

yes.

N.O. Bowl

Cure

Camellia

Go Daddy

and now Arizona.

There was an interview with Karl Benson and he said that CUSA voluntarily gave up the bowl and the SB swooped in to take it.

With the bowl freeze for the next 4 years this was their only option.

CUSA may be taking the long run view here and/or willing to gamble.  I think there were three schools with 5-7 records that went to bowls last year.  CUSA may be gambling that they can fill one of those slots.

If AAC loses 2 teams to B12, then 2 bowls will open up as AAC has 8 bowl agreements for its 12 teams.

On 5/28/2016 at 4:01 PM, GoState99755 said:

Your expectations of very unrealistic.

Unfortunately the object of the P-5 is to have no G-5 tie-ins.  Guess who's holding are the cards.

If they're holding the cards then why were there bowls with G5 vs P5 teams last year?  If they make their bowls exclusive they won't have enough teams to be bowl eligible.  There are too many bowls, numbnuts.   

Just wait. The NCAA will eventually authorize bowl participation for any team which wins a game against a FBS opponent.

But somebody will still bitch when they're not invited. "We should go! Yeah we didn't win any games in FBS but we beat TWO FCS teams!"

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, aztech said:

If they're holding the cards then why were there bowls with G5 vs P5 teams last year?  |--->  It's not an either or thing.  G-5/P-5 Bowl Match-Ups are trending down.

If they make their bowls exclusive they won't have enough teams to be bowl eligible.  |--->  The number of bowl eligible teams is independent of how many G-5/P-5 Bowl Match-Ups there are.  The number of teams at .500 is the same regardless of how many G-5 teams play P-5 teams in their bowl.

There are too many bowls, numbnuts.   

33 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

They'd like to overlook our ranked teams. but public pressure won't allow them to.  With public pressure the BCS was eventually forced to allow Utah, BSU, Hawaii and TCU in their BCS bowls.  We won them all except for Hawaii, so now they started a playoff system that locks us out, but they threw us a bone with the access bowl to silence us and the critics.  If they had their way they wouldn't have created that bowl.  

Try as they will, they can't get rid of us.  America likes underdogs.

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

A Friday afternoon kick-off should get some great ratings.

3 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

I had two days of business in Tucson about 20 years ago during "fall" (sic) practice for the Wildcats. I got finished early the first day and turned on the local sportstalk station in my rental car to hear that fans were being allowed in to watch that afternoon's practice. Having nothing better to do I went over there and had no problem finding parking since school didn't open until the following week. The first thing I noticed on walking in the stadium was that virtually no fans were seated. Was the practice so exciting that everybody was standing and cheering? Guess again. The aluminum seats were so hot you risked burning your ass if you sat on them. That won't be a problem in December but it can get chilly in the desert during winter nights so I have to wonder how COLD those seats might be if the game wasn't played in the afternoon.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I had two days of business in Tucson about 20 years ago during "fall" (sic) practice for the Wildcats. I got finished early the first day and turned on the local sportstalk station in my rental car to hear that fans were being allowed in to watch that afternoon's practice. Having nothing better to do I went over there and had no problem finding parking since school didn't open until the following week. The first thing I noticed on walking in the stadium was that virtually no fans were seated. Was the practice so exciting that everybody was standing and cheering? Guess again. The aluminum seats were so hot you risked burning your ass if you sat on them. That won't be a problem in December but it can get chilly in the desert during winter nights so I have to wonder how COLD those seats might be if the game wasn't played in the afternoon.

Definitely not good for those who have hemorrhoid issues. lol

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Well I would bet that it will beat the hell out of the 6" of snow on top of 2" of ice on top of the metal bleachers I sat on at the Potato Bowl a couple of years ago...

3 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Well I would bet that it will beat the hell out of the 6" of snow on top of 2" of ice on top of the metal bleachers I sat on at the Potato Bowl a couple of years ago...

lol, not to mention watching players on both teams almost die slipping on the edge of the turf over and over again. No thanks. 

15 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

lol, not to mention watching players on both teams almost die slipping on the edge of the turf over and over again. No thanks. 

I actually did the same after the game.  Why they put concrete between the track and the sideline I'll never understand.