Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tspoke

SDSU fans...Thoughts on Brodricks Jones?

I know he signed a LOI with SDSU then got out of it and went to play at UTEP. Now he is transferring from UTEP after 1 year and is visiting Wyoming June 3-5th. Was wondering if SDSU fans have any thoughts on him when you signed him. I see he was a 4-star recruit but the retracting his LOI and transferring from UTEP after 1 year is concerning.

Brodrick Jones brought the crazies when decided out of his LOI.

Some thought immediately when we signed Brodrick it was a bit of a reach, others thought he had tremendous potential. He needs a lot of skill development, on paper he should be a good rim running/pick n roll big that protects the rim and is athletic. Issue with him is scouting report has always said he doesn't play that hard and needs to bring a more consistent energy level. Overall at a school like Wyoming he is well worth the risk, but his awareness of the game and energy level needs to be much higher. That being said he has all the tools to be a difference maker on the defensive level, and be a high fg% guy on a low volume. Very high risk but could give you big rewards in time. 

On 5/26/2016 at 5:03 PM, sdsuphilip4 said:

Brodrick Jones brought the crazies when decided out of his LOI.

Some thought immediately when we signed Brodrick it was a bit of a reach, others thought he had tremendous potential. He needs a lot of skill development, on paper he should be a good rim running/pick n roll big that protects the rim and is athletic. Issue with him is scouting report has always said he doesn't play that hard and needs to bring a more consistent energy level. Overall at a school like Wyoming he is well worth the risk, but his awareness of the game and energy level needs to be much higher. That being said he has all the tools to be a difference maker on the defensive level, and be a high fg% guy on a low volume. Very high risk but could give you big rewards in time. 

Yes. All the chicken littles were sure the sky was falling. I wouldn't undo what happened and thereby give up one of the players we subsequently signed. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

I think he'd be a good get for the pokes.

Everything happens for a reason, and now with Izundu stepping in to give us a legit traditional, rim-protecting big (taking the pressure off RS Soph Nolan Narain), like Bill said, I wouldn't trade where we are for having him back, but suffice it to say there is a reason Fish's staff was recruiting him in the first place.

Hope you guys land him.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On June 3, 2016 at 3:25 AM, AztecBill said:

Yes. All the chicken littles were sure the sky was falling. I wouldn't undo what happened and thereby give up one of the players we subsequently signed. 

That's not what I'm talking about, the insults about him are/were pathetic

Glad we picked him up. This late in recruiting seems like a guy that can help us down the road. Sounds like he could use some development but our staff is very good at that. Like I said I haven't seen much of him but look forward to seeing what he can do for us.