Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

More bad news out of Idaho - two Boise State players expelled, one suspended

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

just from reading the article, the girl didn't seem forced to do anything.  These guys may be guilty but in this case the girl may be at fault as well. 

WTF? You obviously did not READ the same article I did.

"In incidents Aug. 19, Sept. 26 and Oct. 2 of last year, the alleged victim said she was coerced into performing oral sex on the three players, or in one incident, on a recruit during his official visit. The woman first met with Kerrick in person Nov. 30. She was interviewed in February in depth about the majority of details in the complaint."

co·erce
  VERB
  1. persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.

Is your post the result of a Wyoming education?

nm

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Coerced to give oral sex to multiple players on multiple occasions?

Why not report this the first time it happened? The second? They may very well be guilty(even if they are never charged their lives are over), but this situation sounds a little fishy to me. 

51 minutes ago, Fido said:

LOL at trying to drag BYU into this case.

mwcboard "thought process" (a/k/a "The jackmormon School of Analysis") on sexual assault at BYU.

Was the victim female? automatic expulsion 

Was the victim male? automatic expulsion

Was the perpetrator female? automatic expulsion  

Was the perpetrator male? depends

Was the perpetrator male an athlete? depends. If not, automatic expulsion

Was the perpetrator male athlete a minority? automatic expulsion

Was the perpetrator male athlete white? depends

Was the white perpetrator male athlete a Mormon? depends. If not, automatic expulsion

Was the white perpetrator male Mormon athlete a returned missionary? Lionized and gets favorable write up in paper

Fix your damn signature.  

But I'm not sure what you use as your dictionary - Coerce and Persuade mean completely different things.  But as someone else mentioned it happened 3 times, so she was coerced all 3 times then?  The thing is just from the article here, if this girl were on the stand a lawyer would likely throw a lot of doubt on the level of coercion she may have had.  Did she say no and demand to leave?  things like that.  And if these guys should have their day in court, did I miss that part or something?  

Correct me if I'm wrong on this--but isn't the difference between the title IX investigation and action taken by the school limited only to their status at the university--as opposed to being in a court of law where there would be burden of proof requirements and criminal penalties if they were found guilty?  From the report in the story there certainly was harassment and pressure to do the things she did.  But I don't know that the school needs the same level of proof to take action that they might if charges were brought to a court of law.

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

It's becoming the norm that someone gets tossed during the summer. 

You have what, 100 schollie and non schollie athletes? 1 a summer is probably a bit better than the rest of the young male population tbh. I guess you could go the "have the po in your back pocket so some really nasty shit comes out in 20 years" route.

3 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Jesus Christ, the slut shaming by the players dad. Wow. 

It's almost exactly like Missoula. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

just from reading the article, the girl didn't seem forced to do anything.  These guys may be guilty but in this case the girl may be at fault as well. 

Yay victim blaming!

:stop:

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

The butt slapping, blocking the doorway without pants, etc. are enough. The fact that she probably acted stupidly in some ways didn't give those jerks the right to act like they did.

This is really bad news for everyone involved.  I doubt the university would act without doing its due diligence, but for the sake of all parties, I hope they did it correctly with proper procedure.  What a mess.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

2 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

This has become the norm at BSU. We have at least one person kicked off the football team every year. At a school like Baylor this type of thing would have been buried and then maybe investigated after the kids graduated. 

You spoke too soon. Briles gone. Boise isn't special, munchkin 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

In all, even if "consentual," the players still acted inappropriately. If people act like that in a corporate environment, they get fired and the company gets sued. There is no way to spin this positively for the three men involved. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.