Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

More bad news out of Idaho - two Boise State players expelled, one suspended

Right on the heels of the horrendous rape and racial bullying case of a disabled African American teen in Dietrich, this looks terrible:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article79987567.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Shame. Kids don't realize what a stupid move will impact their future...

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Right on the heels of the horrendous rape and racial bullying case of a disabled African American teen in Dietrich, this looks terrible:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article79987567.html

Boysee is truly P5 material if they are providing "hostesses" to recruits!

Just now, tailingpermit said:

I don't know what to think of these Title IX investigations.  I'd rather see the police handle it and then the offender prosecuted if accusations were found to be true. 

I agree. This is what I would consider sexual assault and I can't understand why charges wouldn't be filed. 

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I agree. This is what I would consider sexual assault and I can't understand why charges wouldn't be filed. 

Because the victim won't go to the police, that's usually the case.  Title IX should be set up that a crimininal investigation must be filed along with the school investigation.  Otherwise the offender is never going to learn their lesson. 

16 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Because the victim won't go to the police, that's usually the case.  Title IX should be set up that a crimininal investigation must be filed along with the school investigation.  Otherwise the offender is never going to learn their lesson. 

If her desire is to remain anonymous, it's going to be discovered if not known already on campus. If I'm her parents, and if I believe her, I would be suggesting she go to the police. Perhaps I just don't understand how to think like a woman in that type of situation. In any case, more bad news. 

Just now, pokerider said:

just from reading the article, the girl didn't seem forced to do anything.  These guys may be guilty but in this case the girl may be at fault as well. 

Seriously?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Just like the USU player caught dealing drugs, these guys threw away an opportunity that most people never get.  Very sad.  Hopefully justice will be served.

17 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

If this were Bwhyu the girl would have been expelled last year.  Case closed.

I actually heard of a case at BYU, from a close friend that went to school there.  The girl got pregnant, and was kicked out of school, and the football player played the next Fall.  That was quite a while ago, though.

This has become the norm at BSU. We have at least one person kicked off the football team every year. At a school like Baylor this type of thing would have been buried and then maybe investigated after the kids graduated. 

15 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

If this were Bwhyu the girl would have been expelled last year.  Case closed.

Partly true. She was originally in a consensual sexual relationship, so she would have likely been working with the honor code office. That may have protected her from the assaults. If not, since she would have had no reason to hide her identity, there would be sexual assault charges on the 3 men.

I don't always agree with the honor code, but I recognize that it is there to protect the students. Overzealous people are sometimes in charge of it, so it often falls short. It is easy to make fun when things go wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that BYU is one of the safest campuses to be on.

45 minutes ago, pokerider said:

just from reading the article, the girl didn't seem forced to do anything.  These guys may be guilty but in this case the girl may be at fault as well. 

Sounds a little fishy.. This happened at least 3 times, I can't imagine they tracked her down and forced her to do these things all 3 times. If it was one incident, but 3? I think it's just as possible her reputation became known and she's now trying to save face. 

But in this day and age, you can't take any chances with this stuff.

1 minute ago, fbguru said:

Partly true. She was originally in a consensual sexual relationship, so she would have likely been working with the honor code office. That may have protected her from the assaults. If not, since she would have had no reason to hide her identity, there would be sexual assault charges on the 3 men.

I don't always agree with the honor code, but I recognize that it is there to protect the students. Overzealous people are sometimes in charge of it, so it often falls short. It is easy to make fun when things go wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that BYU is one of the safest campuses to be on.

I doubt she would have let anyone know in the first place.

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Sounds a little fishy.. This happened at least 3 times, I can't imagine they tracked her down and forced her to do these things all 3 times. If it was one incident, but 3? I think it's just as possible her reputation became known and she's now trying to save face. 

Even had this been a agreed to do this and then looked for revenge. It's always a bad idea to tell your friends or recruits that "you know a girl that will show you a good time." Just because women has had sex with you, does not mean she wants to do it with the whole football team either. But this is what happens when you get 18 to 20 year old kids together. Someone is bound to do something really stupid. 

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Then story would have been the exact same, but since it would have been at BYU it would garner 10x the scrutiny from everyone on this board. In fact, even though it was BSU and BYU has no involvement, BYU was brought up. Why not bring up Air Force? The recent reports on military response to sexual assault victims are much more damning.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/05/19/us-raped-military-then-punished

“Why should I be discharged because I was raped? I did what I was supposed to do. Had I never come forward I truly believe I would still be in the Air Force.”
–A1C Juliet Simmons,* November 2012