Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Martin bros to Nevada, huge get (MBB)

Man, I thought picking up the two recent transfers from Purdue & Iowa State meant that there was no room at the inn, but I'm pumped to get these two 4 star players. I love what Mussleman is doing. Now its time to start landing some freshmen players to fill the shoes of the transfers when they leave. 

45 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Your recruiting slide seems to coincide with the loss of Woj to SJSU, no?

As for UNR, great pick ups. Tough games ahead for Mediocre Menzies and the boys.

Yes.  We have a legend type coach from Australia that also helped big time with Drmic and Duncan but he's not gotten us one Aussie kid we've offered since. Woj also found Webb and hid him in a north Idaho JC for development and grades.    Rice is Graham, revisited.

Nice get(s) Wolf Pack ... but this is obviously going to end up being very painful for the rest of us. :(

283b5bb8d3324d64b237b2c68a93c82b86d4b68d

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Also, you'll only have nine eligible scholarship players to start the season.  That is not enough to last a season.  By mid-February, fatigue will set in, and the balloon will pop.

We actually have 10 (plus a bunch of walk ons), depth shouldn't be much of an issue on this years team.

C-Cameron Oliver(SO)

C-Elijah Foster(JR)

PF-Jordan Caroline(SO)

PF-Sam Williams(JR)

SF-DJ Fenner(SR)

SF-Leland King(JR)

SG-Marcus Marshall(SR)

SG-Josh Hall(FR)

PG-Lindsey Drew(SO)

PG-Devearl Ramsey(FR)

The big weakness that I see is we don't have anyone taller than 6'8. We may struggle to defend some bigs.

23 minutes ago, bigd said:

We actually have 10 (plus a bunch of walk ons), depth shouldn't be much of an issue on this years team.

C-Cameron Oliver(SO)

C-Elijah Foster(JR)

PF-Jordan Caroline(SO)

PF-Sam Williams(JR)

SF-DJ Fenner(SR)

SF-Leland King(JR)

SG-Marcus Marshall(SR)

SG-Josh Hall(FR)

PG-Lindsey Drew(SO)

PG-Devearl Ramsey(FR)

The big weakness that I see is we don't have anyone taller than 6'8. We may struggle to defend some bigs.

Big weakness is experienced depth imo. But still a very talented roster.

35 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Only the UNR losers could get excited about getting two transfers from a team that went 5-13 in the ACC (13th place).

^ this is what a scared UNLV fan looks like. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nevada is going to be a tourney team sooner than later.

When they are, UNR fans damn well better not emulate SJSU fans when Mike MacIntyre was there and avoid game attendance like the plague.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

When they are, UNR fans damn well better not emulate SJSU fans when Mike MacIntyre was there and avoid game attendance like the plague.

When our basketball team is good, Lawlor is sold out nearly every game. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yeah back when were consistently in the tournament we had 10k season ticket holders in our 11k seat building. Attendance isn't an issue when we're winning.

Though many will laugh, the CBI helped bring a lot of excitement to our program. We had about 10k people in attendance for the last game, and I think that excitement will definitely carry over to next season.

22 minutes ago, mugtang said:

^ this is what a scared UNLV fan looks like. 

People still take that guy seriously? Don't lump him in with us.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

18 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

People still take that guy seriously? Don't lump him in with us.

Sorry.  I wasn't trying to lump him in with you guys.  

55 minutes ago, mugtang said:

When our basketball team is good, Lawlor is sold out nearly every game. 

I thought I had heard that. Good attendance in response to good playing is what separates the men from the boys. To put it another way, I had great hope for SJSU until its fan base proved that even during and following an 11-win football season, nobody gives a shit.

But then, although I'm not all that bright, I'm not close to as effing stoopid as Hairball Thompson. :fish:

Boom goes the dynamite.