Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Worst Stadium You've ever Visited

1.  Wyoming  Dump.  Ply wood bathrooms and card table concession stands. Windy, cold.  UGLY

2.  Nevada.  An erector set with a track around the field.

3. Colorado  Not such a bad stadium but the fans are such A-holes I don't know if I will ever go back.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Nevada

Utah State-  To their credit, they are fixing it up.

Wyoming- If you want to have a look at how stadiums looked in the 50's The wArP is your place.

17 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Just renovated, and it wasn't even close to as bad as SJSJU before that.

Still, GTHD

I'm sorry but you're doing it wrong. Everyone knows, it's "go to hell Carolina, go to hell!" See how that just has a special ring?

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

1.  Wyoming  Dump.  Ply wood bathrooms and card table concession stands. Windy, cold.  UGLY

2.  Nevada.  An erector set with a track around the field.

3. Colorado  Not such a bad stadium but the fans are such A-holes I don't know if I will ever go back.

A stupid phucking track that can't even be used for official events.

University of Tulsa was the worst for me.

And as a former resident of Reno for 26 years . Our stadium was/is really bad in a number of areas. Not gonna sugar coat it the bathrooms were horrible.

Edit: not to mention the track field. 

Nevada could do much better. But it's a stadium that is still living in the Big Sky days, needs much improvements. 

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

From the one time I was there, it seems you just described half of Laramie.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, badfish said:

Qualcomm

In comparison to most of San Diego, the place is a turd. However, in comparison to Candlestick Park, the L.A. Coliseum and most of the other stadiums mentioned here, Qualcomm is the Taj Mahal.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Qualcomm

Its even worse than Aloha Stadium.

That lower bowl sucks.  One person stands up and it's all over.

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

On May 25, 2016 at 4:12 AM, 1066 Devils Bridge said:

What do you think about the Franklin in Philly? Not rat infested or all that filthy but older than Ben himself. The Linc is nice however.

I like Franklin Field, I was lucky enough to compete in the Penn Relays a few times and always loved going there because I loved the big stage and for track runners there are few bigger stages in America than the Penn Relays. It's older but it's charming. My guess is it was built in the 1920's but just a guess. The field house at the open end of the stadium is really cool as well. 

A sad story about that place, at the time George Mason had tons of runners from Africa and  was in the bathroom at the same time as some of them and apparently they had never seen a trough style toilet before. Let's just say they thought it was a sink. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

In the MW, I've been to Nevada, UNLV.

Outside the MW, I've been to Candlestick, Rose bowl, L.A Coliseum, and Vaught-Hemmingway Stadium in Ole Miss.

Worst has to be Mackay Stadium. Sat on the bleacher side and it seemed like a glorified high school stadium. Met some good and bad fans. Hopefully the improvements will make it better. Sam Boyd wasn't too bad but then again I was at the Las Vegas Bowl. Both L.A stadiums are cool, but the Coliseum is showing its age. To be honest I wasn't that impressed with Ole Miss's stadium for being an SEC stadium. Sits I think 65k.

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:35 PM, SangerBulldog said:

Candlestick...hands down.

Fossils can bitch all they want about the history there, but candlestick was a dump and located in a dump.

Worst I've ever been to.  My friend is 6'6" & had to duck under ceiling plumbing pipes when entering the head.  Don't know how anybody over 220 lbs could fit into those seats they were so narrow, worse then airlines.  Heard about it all my life, was shocked how "on the cheap" it was built.

On May 25, 2016 at 9:49 AM, av-rated said:

Professionally...Candlestick, hands down...dump city...but that alone gave it character in a way.  

College...SJSU is the worst facility I've been to.  SJSU fans don't even defend the place. 

I agree with you on Candlestick and, to a certain extent, Spartan Stadium. So much wrong with the former venue...

As to the latter, I'd venture to say the excellent sight-lines are what saves it (that is, in most Spartan fans' eyes).  As for not defending it, much of it is indefensible, sure. But part of it, too, is that if we did, almost invariably, it would devolve into a handful of Fresno ass-hats taking any number of other potshots at SJSU.  Most of us just don't feed the trolling.  There are exceptions to that, of course, some more notable than others...

Guest Dr. Dre
6 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

I agree with you on Candlestick and, to a certain extent, Spartan Stadium. So much wrong with the former venue...

As to the latter, I'd venture to say the excellent sight-lines are what saves it (that is, in most a Spartan fans' eyes).  As for not defending it, much of it is indefensible, sure. But part of it, too, is that if we did, almost invariably, it would devolve into a handful of Fresno ass-hats taking any number of other potshots at SJSU.  Most of us just don't feed the trolling.  There are exceptions to that, of course, some more notable than others...

Its not just Fresneck posters giving you the business, its the entire conference. Your ENTIRE "university" is indefensible. A complete joke. Terrible athletics. Terrible facilities. Mediocre academics at best. Zero fan interest. Zero market control. You are a complete drag on this conference, and I, as a SDSU alum, am embarrassed to be affiliated with San Suck State in any way. You SHOULD be in the Big West. Is that clear enough for ya? 

As a point of reference, I love history.  I love nostalgia.  We go on a family vacation and the wife wants to stay in the newest, fanciest, most modern hotel.  Me, I want to stay in the hotel on the national historic registry or a bed and breakfast, converted old home.

With that said, I've not experienced a stadium that I left feeling was a dump.  I've attended Candlestick, Qualcom, RFK, old Yankee Stadium and loved them all.  Hughes is old but it isn't a dump.  I like all of the history, nostaliga there and I will miss it.

I've not been to SJSUs or Hawaiis but I'm sure I'd feel the same of my experience there.

You've got to make the history, tradition and nostalgia part of your experience.  All of it is part of the stadium.

Occasionally I here a Poke fan whine about the urinals in War Memorials Stadium.  I always respond, "Dude it's a urinal, I love the War"!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Its not just Fresneck posters giving you the business, its the entire conference. Your ENTIRE "university" is indefensible. A complete joke. Terrible athletics. Terrible facilities. Mediocre academics at best. Zero fan interest. Zero market control. You are a complete drag on this conference, and I, as a SDSU alum, am embarrassed to be affiliated with San Suck State in any way. You SHOULD be in the Big West. Is that clear enough for ya? 

Personally, I cant do anything to hasten better days in all those respects - other than be a good fan and attend and donate as I can - but it does warm the heart in knowing that SJSU's conference association with SUDS bothers you so much.  We all know that, athletically speaking, football is king, so maybe spread the wealth a bit and rag on the other four teams that have a worse overall record than SJSU since the Spartans joined the MWC: UNLV, UNM, Wyoming and Hawaii.  Wait. I think you hate every team in this conference and effectively do that already, so never mind...

Memorial Stadium in Lincoln

It has terrible bench seating, terrible bathrooms and lots of obstructed views. If you are under the upper deck, you can't see any scoreboards and the outcome of field goals and extra points is a mystery because you can't see the top of the goal posts. 

USU had the worst restroom facilities I have ever seen on the west side, if memory serves there were 8 urinals on the west side with the remodel the number will be 80- 100. Other than that it was about as good as any in this conference. I have been to them all except Hawaii, the worst was SJS.

1 hour ago, masterfrog said:

Memorial Stadium in Lincoln

It has terrible bench seating, terrible bathrooms and lots of obstructed views. If you are under the upper deck, you can't see any scoreboards and the outcome of field goals and extra points is a mystery because you can't see the top of the goal posts. 

There is a lot I like about Memorial stadium.  Having to go from the very very top, where they sit visiting fans, all the way back down to the bottom in order to piss was different.  I didn't have to piss anymore when I got all the way down.  Bought a water and went back up.

The World Needs More Cowboys!