Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Baylor fires university president

21 minutes ago, aztech said:

I've read an instance of parents who actually held their son back a year so he would have a better chance for a scholie.  How sick is that? 

That is backwards.

The latest is that the Board did intend to remove Starr earlier today, but that he arrived at the Board meeting armed with lawyers and that, accordingly, they are not going to take formal action (or make any announcement) until the Friday news dump on June 3.  They apparently offered him a transfer to a law school position at the same salary and he wouldn't be formally fired; just "transferred."  But the clear intent is that he is to be viewed as the "fall guy" for the massive rape cover-up; potentially leaving Briles untouched.  The assumption is that Piper Hamilton has made known their "findings" to the Board but has yet to formally present it to them; hence it is not "final."  ESPN's OTL and other media have thus not gone with Chip Brown's story, but he has a "source" and other outlets have sources as well.  Starr will presumably not be attending the Big 12 meetings starting on the 29th.

19 minutes ago, Typical CSU Fan said:

More Boise hate in your sig! We love that!

I hate bsu too.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@UNLV2001 and @Boise fan ... here's some news to make you boys happy! ;) 

Actually it does. The only thing better would be for him to be disbarred and disgraced.   Like his alter-ego Kenneth Starr, who was disbarred for running a ponzi scheme in NY.

Looks like it might be halfway there. 

Quick, someone start a commission to look into it at the taxpayer's expense!  :D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, masterfrog said:

It isn't all that unusual.  The rules is Texas say that a player has five years to play once they enter eighth grade, so traditionally the student is held back for a second year of seventh grade.  Since schools have football teams in junior high, this gives players an extra year of better coaching than they would receive at the youth level.  It is tough to know how much a player will develop over the following five years, but what parent wouldn't want to give their child the best possible chance at a full scholarship?

Is sports more important than academics?  

59 minutes ago, Jared said:

The latest is that the Board did intend to remove Starr earlier today, but that he arrived at the Board meeting armed with lawyers and that, accordingly, they are not going to take formal action (or make any announcement) until the Friday news dump on June 3.  They apparently offered him a transfer to a law school position at the same salary and he wouldn't be formally fired; just "transferred."  But the clear intent is that he is to be viewed as the "fall guy" for the massive rape cover-up; potentially leaving Briles untouched.  The assumption is that Piper Hamilton has made known their "findings" to the Board but has yet to formally present it to them; hence it is not "final."  ESPN's OTL and other media have thus not gone with Chip Brown's story, but he has a "source" and other outlets have sources as well.  Starr will presumably not be attending the Big 12 meetings starting on the 29th.

they should all, including briles, be serving time for the coverups...

30 minutes ago, aztech said:

Is sports more important than academics?  

I just don't see how that would conflict with academics.  Aren't you more likely to learn something the more you are exposed to it?

7 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I just don't see how that would conflict with academics.  Aren't you more likely to learn something the more you are exposed to it?

Holding a kid back in 7th grade because he'd become a better football player, does not conflict with academics?  Bad on me for asking someone who went to a school in Texas (TCU). 

2 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

Awe.....sounds like you find your soulmate.

Your mom?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

Is Art Briles next or is winning the most important thing?

DAMN...@Mug scouped me on this by 16-hrs.

The latest is that Starr and some members of the Board or Regents are engaged in a massive power struggle (not too unlike those which some may be familiar with in their local churches but on a vastly bigger scale) involving a lot more than the massive rape cover-up scandal.  Such as the planned transitioning of new members onto the BOR which, apparently, was supposed to occur 6/1, and the methods by which Baylor was trying to reduce its massive debt overload.  They've all lawyered up and are effectively under a gag order, which is why Baylor's official position yesterday was a non-denial denial.  But some are talking on background - Chip Brown's source(s) supposedly include one of the recalcitrant Board members, so his info was from that/those source(s).  Starr and his coterie have fought back - including that NYT puff piece and with other "leaks."  Starr is apparently demanding the full release of the Piper Hamilton report either to save his job or to detail all the others who ignored the whole situation.

Lost in all this are the women who were raped by the football players.  It's a real cluster____.

And, needless to say, not a lot of attention is going to be paid to Big 12 expansion, while all this is brewing.

BYU should have gotten into the Big XII before Baylor anyway.  I mean that in all seriousness.  Baylor will go back to being the doormat of the league.

2 hours ago, LPH-10 said:

Baylor will go back to being the doormat of the league.

Good. Phuck 'em. Just like CU, Baylor can't win big in the conference without stalking their roster with a bunch of lowlifes.

Boom goes the dynamite.