Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRed702

Wichita State wants to join MWC

Wichita State football has a history with Utah State University and the state of Colorado.

In 1970, 31 passengers died when their charter plane crashed in Colorado while en route to a football game at Utah State.

1 minute ago, Cowboy Junky said:

That's funny, because everyone else, almost without exception, thought the conference was catered to BYU. BYU built a monument: The Great Wall of Vegas, to attest to that. They brought pocket video booth officials for any game played. SDSU will attest to that. They had shows on the mtn. that involved nothing more than a couple of kids with backpacks and ties spreading the gospel with an unrelenting campaign of door knock, fund raising for the army of Zoobs. BYU and Dave Checketts built the damn mtn. and then realized they couldn't compete with the Utah's and TCU's, with a league constructed by Zoobs on a network constructed by Zoobs. After that, you took your ball to independence.

I know you guys weren't happy with the way it all turned out, but the Hair polished more BYU nuts than almost any man in modern history. He's got a special velvet cloth with his initials and BYU embroidered on it.

That's funny you think that, because that wasn't the case.  BYU was supposed to be able to replay games after the fact on BYUtv, and they couldn't.  BYU was used with Utah for Comcast subs, because nobody else moved the needle.  BYU had to sue the cable provider, with Utah, because they weren't living up to what they were supposed to.  BYU fans out of state couldn't get the games.  

But sure, we are supposed to sit back and be happy about that stuff.  Now you're paying more to Boise with this wacked out bonus system.  Things are better now, right?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest Cowboy Junky
6 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That's funny you think that, because that wasn't the case.  BYU was supposed to be able to replay games after the fact on BYUtv, and they couldn't.  BYU was used with Utah for Comcast subs, because nobody else moved the needle.  BYU had to sue the cable provider, with Utah, because they weren't living up to what they were supposed to.  BYU fans out of state couldn't get the games.  

But sure, we are supposed to sit back and be happy about that stuff.  Now you're paying more to Boise with this wacked out bonus system.  Things are better now, right?

Just because the Hair is polishing Boise's nuts right now, doesn't mean he didn't learn it from polishing BYU's nuts for 10 years. You guys co-signed that nut polish.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Just because the Hair is polishing Boise's nuts right now, doesn't mean he didn't learn it from polishing BYU's nuts for 10 years. You guys co-signed that nut polish.

If Hair was a good commissioner, BYU would still be here.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

15 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

as have I, with all other schools ever mentioned. i just think the merits of WS basketball with adding football deserves a solid look, and not a brush off by hair, or anybody else.

Even if the MWC isn't interested in giving WS a solid look at the very least a respectful and professional response is warranted.  Many in the East think we're a bunch of hicks out here in the West anyway.  No sense reinforcing those stereotypes with poorly chosen words.

2 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

The best move the MWC could make right now is to add Wichita State and Utep by kicking San Jose and helping Hawaii go independent. The Sun Belt just kicked Idaho and NMSU, so there's precedent for Joser to get the boot.

There aren't any good football teams left to add. There aren't any good western teams to add. If the MWC wants to set itself up for future expansion, we need to focus on that southwestern group of schools. Utep, Tulsa, Houston, and SMU all have played together in conferences before.

This is the first step. Help Hawaii go independent and let Joser join their brothers: Idaho and NMSU.

MWC East

Wyo

CSU

AFA

UNM

Utep

Wichita

MWC WEST

USU

Boise

UNLV

Nevada

SDSU

Fresno

Just an FYI, There is no precedent for kicking out a full member of a conference. 

Guest Cowboy Junky
3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

If Hair was a good commissioner, BYU would still be here.

You still can't blame those of us that lived through the MWC for celebrating a little to know that BYU won't be building any more walls and they won't be stealing anymore MWC games with their pocket replay officials.

Yes, we now have to realize that Boise stepped into as the new "Polish My Nuts Captains", but at least we don't have to deal with BYU, the 500 pound Diva in the room.

Guest Cowboy Junky

"Rise, Sir Knight.

I anoint thee, Sir Plaisted, the Foulless. From here on out, you shall not be called for offensive fouls although you're primary offensive move is the Shaquille O'Neal bull rush. From this day forward, until your false sense of self forces you to declare early for the NBA Draft, you shall not be called for an offensive foul.

Oh, by the way, you're wall has been built to keep your bio+ches in check, when they get out of line."

10 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Even if the MWC is interested in giving WS a solid look at the very least a respectful and professional response is warranted.  Many in the East think we're a bunch of hicks out here in the West anyway.  No sense reinforcing those stereotypes with poorly chosen words.

That's what I think.

You don't outright dismiss them publicly, even if that's what you think privately.   That's why Hair is so terrible.  It's unwarranted and unprofessional.

8 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

You still can't blame those of us that lived through the MWC for celebrating a little to know that BYU won't be building any more walls and they won't be stealing anymore MWC games with their pocket replay officials.

Yes, we now have to realize that Boise stepped into as the new "Polish My Nuts Captains", but at least we don't have to deal with BYU, the 500 pound Diva in the room.

The butthurt is strong.  I'd probably feel that way too if my team got their asses beat every year by BYU.  The fact that you're still complaining about a guy who played 10 years ago tells us as much.  If the wall was BYU's fault, then why did you keep it for a couple years after BYU left?  Weird, right?  

Hair's a bad commish, that's what this thread is really about, and the way BYU was treated is just part of that.  You don't outright dismiss a team that could help you with their olympic sports.  But, he did that with BYU too.  He just lacks vision for this league.

2 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

The best move the MWC could make right now is to add Wichita State and Utep by kicking San Jose and helping Hawaii go independent. The Sun Belt just kicked Idaho and NMSU, so there's precedent for Joser to get the boot.

There aren't any good football teams left to add. There aren't any good western teams to add. If the MWC wants to set itself up for future expansion, we need to focus on that southwestern group of schools. Utep, Tulsa, Houston, and SMU all have played together in conferences before.

This is the first step. Help Hawaii go independent and let Joser join their brothers: Idaho and NMSU.

MWC East

Wyo

CSU

AFA

UNM

Utep

Wichita

MWC WEST

USU

Boise

UNLV

Nevada

SDSU

Fresno

This makes way too much sense. Which is exactly why it won't happen. Hair is a dip sht. 

This would also potentially add renegotiations of contracts. Ax Boise's preferential treatment which they've clearly proven not to deserve. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

16 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Just an FYI, There is no precedent for kicking out a full member of a conference. 

Are you talking specifically about the MW? I'm pretty sure that Marshall was kicked out of the MAC as a full member.

Guest Cowboy Junky
5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That's what I think.

You don't outright dismiss them publicly, even if that's what you think privately.   That's why Hair is so terrible.  It's unwarranted and unprofessional.

The butthurt is strong.  I'd probably feel that way too if my team got their asses beat every year by BYU.  The fact that you're still complaining about a guy who played 10 years ago tells us as much.  If the wall was BYU's fault, then why did you keep it for a couple years after BYU left?  Weird, right?  

Hair's a bad commish, that's what this thread is really about, and the way BYU was treated is just part of that.  You don't outright dismiss a team that could help you with their olympic sports.  But, he did that with BYU too.  He just lacks vision for this league.

Reality is strong. 

Sharing conference membership with BYU comes with special attachments not limited to but including,

1. Special walls for BYU to seperate their bio+ch from fans she starts shio+ with.

2. T.V. personalities that attended BYU to tell everyone why BYU is so great while downgrading everyone not named BYU, and playing it off as unbiased journalism.

3. Your official conference video replay booth, might be crewed by a bunch of BYU grads. Surprise, how's that taste.

4. No Sunday play.

5. BYU kids are two years older than our kids, at an age when bodies develop by putting on muscle and weight. It's the equivalent of having a varsity high school team schedule only junior varsity teams.

BYU comes with a laundry list of demands attached for conference membership.

Guest Cowboy Junky
5 minutes ago, TheBigAwesome said:

Are you talking specifically about the MW? I'm pretty sure that Marshall was kicked out of the MAC as a full member.

And Temple out of the Big East. And Idaho and NMSU out of the Sun Belt.

Just now, Cowboy Junky said:

And Temple out of the Big East. And Idaho and NMSU out of the Sun Belt.

Temple, Idaho, NMSU (and UMass) were all football-only members.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Reality is strong. 

Sharing conference membership with BYU comes with special attachments not limited to but including,

1. Special walls for BYU to seperate their bio+ch from fans she starts shio+ with.

2. T.V. personalities that attended BYU to tell everyone why BYU is so great while downgrading everyone not named BYU, and playing it off as unbiased journalism.

3. Your official conference video replay booth, might be crewed by a bunch of BYU grads. Surprise, how's that taste.

4. No Sunday play.

5. BYU kids are two years older than our kids, at an age when bodies develop by putting on muscle and weight. It's the equivalent of having a varsity high school team schedule only junior varsity teams.

BYU comes with a laundry list of demands attached for conference membership.

LOL

You're living in a dreamworld.  Maybe you can pile on some Todd Christensen hate while you're at it.  Like I said, the butthurt is strong.

Guest Cowboy Junky
Just now, Jack Bauer said:

LOL

You're living in a dreamworld.  Maybe you can pile on some Todd Christensen hate while you're at it.  Like I said, the butthurt is strong.

Dreaming would be my mind creating things that don't exist.

Reality would be the links I can provide that reminisce about the glories of BYU conference membership.

You guys are Divas. That's reality.

2 minutes ago, TheBigAwesome said:

Temple, Idaho, NMSU (and UMass) were all football-only members.

Let's just find a way to get it done. I plan on sending Craig an email this afternoon. Hope you guys do too 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Guest Cowboy Junky
18 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

This makes way too much sense. Which is exactly why it won't happen. Hair is a dip sht. 

This would also potentially add renegotiations of contracts. Ax Boise's preferential treatment which they've clearly proven not to deserve. 

And that, is the first step of this 16 team MWC.

MWC Eastern Division

Houston

Tulsa

Witchita

Utep

UNM

CSU

AFA

Wyo

MWC Western Division

BYU

Hawaii(football)/Gonzaga(basketball)

SDSU

Fresno

UNLV

Nevada

USU

Boise

24 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

I would advocate for the best of both worlds.

Boot SJSU, give Boise State their share of Conference revenue. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

17 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Dreaming would be my mind creating things that don't exist.

Reality would be the links I can provide that reminisce about the glories of BYU conference membership.

You guys are Divas. That's reality.

I won't disagree that we can be difficult to work with, but we never made you pay us more than the rest of the league like Boise has.  BYU was a good partner in many respects that went to bat for conference issues and was willing to participate in suing the BCS cartel.  Many of the things you are mad about are not issues long term.  You whine about Sunday play, as if that is an issues that affected anyone here at all.  It's not like you guys play anything major on Sunday's now.  The benefits outweigh the rest.  That's why we shared a conference for years, and that's why BYU can come back here whenever they want.