Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fido

College Football News' "post-spring" rankings

52 minutes ago, Fido said:

#47 @ Arizona (Neutral site in Arizona) - L
#35 @ Utah - L
#16 UCLA - L
#40 @ West Virginia (Neutral site in Maryland) - L
#60 Toledo - W
#14 @ Michigan State - L
#39 Mississippi State - W
#29 @ Boise State - L
BYE
#81 @ Cincinnati - W
#-- Southern Utah (FCS) - W
#128 UMass - W
#87 Utah State - W

The odds are certainly stacked against them.

If I had to guess this is how I see BYU's schedule playing out as of right now.

If that happens, starting 0-4 won't be good for the season.  It will be hard to recover from that. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I think that FS will be better than most are expecting...CCG worthy is doubtful, but they will be better based on what I saw last spring versus this spring. There were a number of losses where FS was able to keep things within reach, but a completely inept offense killed our defense by mid-3rd quarter and for sure in the fourth quarter.

I'm sure someone will ask me to prove it, but no one I know can prove anything that hasn't happened yet...it's just all fan talk, nothing more.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

I think that FS will be better than most are expecting...CCG worthy is doubtful, but they will be better based on what I saw last spring versus this spring. There were a number of losses where FS was able to keep things within reach, but a completely inept offense killed our defense by mid-3rd quarter and for sure in the fourth quarter.

I'm sure someone will ask me to prove it, but no one I know can prove anything that hasn't happened yet...it's just all fan talk, nothing more.

Prove it 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

II'm sure someone will ask me to prove it, but no one I know can prove anything that hasn't happened yet...it's just all fan talk, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Prove it 

Proven. Thanks, baby...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Fresno should be better, if for no other reason than they have 3 winnable games in the OOC this year, as opposed to the past couple of years which have been pretty brutal.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, Aztecs Rising said:

The fact that my Aztecs actually and legitimately have hopes for a New Year's 6 bowl game has got me REAL excited. Yes,  the odds are against SDSU, but the opportunity is real & legit, which is something Aztecs fans have never had before.

Wish you luck, but hard to buy SDSU at that level until I see it. Can't shit the bed in the OOC if you want to get there.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, Fido said:

#47 @ Arizona (Neutral site in Arizona)
#35 @ Utah
#16 UCLA
#40 @ West Virginia (Neutral site in Maryland)
#60 Toledo
#14 @ Michigan State
#39 Mississippi State
#29 @ Boise State
BYE
#81 @ Cincinnati
#-- Southern Utah (FCS)
#128 UMass
#87 Utah State

The odds are certainly stacked against them.

That's an Independence Wrecking schedule!

If they do indeed lose the first 4 not many are going to be too excited about Toledo coming to town.  If they manage to stay focused and beat Toledo (heaven forbid they don't!), then lose the next 3, ESPN may pay the Penalty Clause to cancel the TV contract during the bye week!

38 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If I had to guess this is how I see BYU's schedule playing out as of right now.

If that happens, starting 0-4 won't be good for the season.  It will be hard to recover from that. 

I expect BYU to handle Cincinnati, Southern Utah, UMass, and Utah State.  If they don't, then they are up a creek....  Then they need to get a couple more wins elsewhere.  Maybe Arizona's defense struggles enough that BYU catches them on the first game of the year.  They should be able to handle Toledo--but it follows a trip out east to Maryland and is a Friday night game after playing 6 days earlier.  Can they get past Boise State on the blue turf?  Does Mississippi State struggle at altitude in Provo?  We'll have to see how things play out.

1 hour ago, HighNTight_SD said:

How alike the MWC & AAC are ... it's as if we each have a version of the others basement

MWC mean = 91.0; median = 82.6

AAC mean = 81.5; median = 73.8

Ergo, your school and mine has been getting continually better post dumpchuck. However, a big reason is the great decline of the MWC since then.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Wish you luck, but hard to buy SDSU at that level until I see it. Can't shit the bed in the OOC if you want to get there.

Aztecs were playing at that level at the end of last year..but yeah, the OOC is going to be crucial this coming year...can't crap the bed this year OOC if they have any hopes of a NY6 invite.

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

4 hours ago, AztecSU said:

5 teams with 7 spots...always see that sort of thing when G5 conferences are evaluated...sure sign that they are guessing their asses off. 

Yep, very lazy on their G5 research.  The Clueless Football News does this every year, every year they are completely wrong on the MWC.

4 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I wouldn't worry. That CSU Big-12 invite is coming any day now.

LoL ... I thought they said they were B1G bound, ya know that AAU membership is right around the corner for them 

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

7 hours ago, Fido said:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/post-spring-college-football-ranking-128-teams

From their rankings, there is a clear "top" of the MWC for 2016--SDSU, Boise State, Air Force--and not much love for the MWC beyond them.  Here is how the G5 teams stack up:

Top 32

20 Houston (AAC)
28 San Diego State (MWC)
29 Boise State (MWC)

Next 32 (33-64)

49 USF (AAC)
53 Western Michigan (MAC)
56 Air Force (MWC)
60 Toledo (MAC)
61 Navy (AAC)
62 Northern Illinois (MAC)
64 Southern Miss (C-USA)

3rd 32 (65-96)

71 Marshall (C-USA)
72 Western Kentucky (C-USA)
73 Temple (AAC)
74 Appalachian State (Sun Belt)
75 Memphis (AAC)
76 Bowling Green (MAC)
78 Georgia Southern (Sun Belt)
81 Cincinnati (AAC)
82 UConn (AAC)
83 East Carolina (AAC)
84 Central Michigan (MAC)
87 Utah State (MWC)
88 New Mexico (MWC)

89 Ohio (MAC)
90 Nevada (MWC)
91 Louisiana Tech (C-USA)
92 UNLV (MWC)
93 Colorado State (MWC)

94 Arkansas State (Sun Belt)
95 Middle Tennessee (C-USA)
96 Tulsa (AAC)

Bottom 32 (97-128)

98 UCF (AAC)
99 Rice (C-USA)
100 Wyoming (MWC)
101 San Jose State (MWC)
102 Buffalo (MAC)
103 Louisiana-Lafayette (Sun Belt)
104 Akron (MAC)
105 Florida International (C-USA)
106 Old Dominion (C-USA)
107 UTEP (C-USA)
108 South Alabama (Sun Belt)
109 Troy (Sun Belt)
110 Fresno State (MWC)
111 UTSA (C-USA)
112 SMU (AAC)
113 Kent State (MAC)
114 Florida Atlantic (C-USA)
115 Miami-Ohio (MAC)
116 Tulane (AAC)
117 Hawaii (MWC)
118 Ball State (MAC)
120 Georgia State (Sun Belt)
121 Idaho (Sun Belt)
122 Texas State (Sun Belt)
123 New Mexico State (Sun Belt)
124 Charlotte (C-USA)
125 Eastern Michigan (MAC)
126 North Texas (C-USA)
127 ULM (Sun Belt)

Here's to hoping some of these rankings are off and that 1/4 of the MWC isn't in the bottom 32 teams.

I would be surprised if CSU finishes that low. That means CSU loses at AFA and at UNLV. Also CSU loses to USU and UNM at home. I can only see AFA as a toss up.

7 minutes ago, Loboblast said:

The Mtn Div looks deep once again. West needs to step up and quit making it easy for SUDS. 

guess its up to Mtn Div powerhouses WYO, CSU & USU to hold us down ...

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

1 hour ago, HighNTight_SD said:

LoL ... I thought they said they were B1G bound, ya know that AAU membership is right around the corner for them 

I thought we were going to the afc west. this is so confusing!

3 minutes ago, HRam said:

I thought we were going to the afc west. this is so confusing!

LoL ... I think that one is a bridge TOO far -- maybe if the Broncos move to the NFC West it could work :shrug:

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg