Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

TKM out at UNLV?

The rebelnetters seem to think so. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'm calling 'troll' because anyone who's lurked Rub-a-Nut for so much as a New York minute knows the denizens there generally don't 'think' about things.

I would never troll my own board :ph34r:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'm calling 'troll' because anyone who's lurked Rub-a-Nut for so much as a New York minute knows the denizens there generally don't 'think' about things.

I think that is the case for most UNLV fans/graduates...:P

We can only hope.... too bad it wasn't before she decided to keep Dave Rice as a rental for 10 games over hiring Ben Howland who just brought in his 2nd consecutive top 5 recruiting class. Ben Howland > Dave Rice + Chris Beard + Marvin Menzies 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Might as well just keep her.  Not something I want but, more than likely we end up hiring the next wrong person.  Jessup has no experience in such matters but, he probably thinks he does.

13 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Might as well just keep her.  Not something I want but, more than likely we end up hiring the next wrong person.  Jessup has no experience in such matters but, he probably thinks he does.

It might be a good thing that Jessup has no experience in hiring an AD. In that case he might actually do the right thing and go to a search committee.

Regardless, TKM has to go. This hire determines Jessup's future as well.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

It might be a good thing that Jessup has no experience in hiring an AD. In that case he might actually do the right thing and go to a search committee.

Don't disagree with you.  Hopefully, it is an outside search committee.

She will not be renewed. Even her supporters realize she is out of her depth. IF UNLV starts a massive stadium project and ever has a chance to conference upgrade you need someone WAY more competent than TKM at the helm. 

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't know if I believe that Jessup's future is on the line.  At least from my time at UNLV, athletics just isn't important enough that a president can lose their job over it.  Maybe it was that way when Tark was coaching, but it isn't like that any more.

4 hours ago, just_chris said:

Ben Howland > Dave Rice + Chris Beard + Marvin Menzies put together

Murphy has to be gone. Only question is whether she lasts till December.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Murphy has to be gone. Only question is whether she lasts till December.

I'm not sure, but I think her contract ends in the middle of summer. No renewal.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Heard she was getting a raise for the masterful coaching search manipulation of keeping other schools off of Menzies...she played the doubt card pretty hard and that makes her a master of negotiation.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

57 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Heard she was getting a raise for the masterful coaching search manipulation of keeping other schools off of Menzies...she played the doubt card pretty hard and that makes her a master of negotiation.

The sad thing is she could say this and there are idiots who would believe her 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

4 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

You better hope he goes thru the search process.  Presidents who are not athletic minded and make their own hiring decisions is what we went through 3 ADs ago.  The programs go sideways at best, if not setbacks.

In an interview last week, Larry Eustachy revealed that he was used by Tina as a consultant during the UNLV coaching search. Larry said that he has been friends with Tina for a long time.  Larry still has an Assistant Coach opening on his staff. Maybe he will hire Tina.

Guest RoscoesDad
23 hours ago, just_chris said:

We can only hope.... too bad it wasn't before she decided to keep Dave Rice as a rental for 10 games over hiring Ben Howland who just brought in his 2nd consecutive top 5 recruiting class. Ben Howland > Dave Rice + Chris Beard + Marvin Menzies 

I guess if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes truth.

Tina wanted to hire Howland.  She did not want to retain Rice.  She went out and got everything in place to make Howland happen. 

She was over-ruled and told what to do.  Her hands were tied by the Rice nutjob boosters and internal supporters.  But hey, let's keep blaming her for the decision to extend Rice.  It's almost like a sport now.

UNLV needs to decide what they want out of the AD position.  

Do they want an order taker?

Or do they want to hire a real AD who will run the athletic dept. autonomously and is an actual boss?