Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theultimateaggie

Utep to MWC?

Unless we're about to lose a current conference member this has no credibility whatsoever.  Of course the MWC would love to have a team in TX.  Of the TX G5 teams only Houston and to a lesser extent SMU make the MWC better in terms of athletics and media market.  In my opinion Rice, UTEP, UTSA, TX State, North Texas......don't move the needle for the MWC and would only be considered if we drop below 12 teams not as expansion options.

Hawaii and UNLV are going to the Pac-14.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

21 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Yes, God please. Abd kick out SJSU abd Wyoming 

So many of y'all don't get it- Wyoming founded the feast. Everyone who was added to the WAC and the MWC have been so because of OUR willingness to accommodate YOU.

You've only grown off of our table scraps.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

7 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

So many of y'all don't get it- Wyoming founded the feast. Everyone who was added to the WAC and the MWC have been so because of OUR willingness to accommodate YOU.

How about we kick you out and you can found another conference of FBS rejects. Big Sky 2.0.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

13 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

tumblr_inline_nzdkllK3Tz1tc7p4i_500.gif

13 minutes ago, Warbow said:

How about we kick you out and you can found another conference of FBS rejects. Big Sky 2.0.

How about you face facts- we helped bring Hawaii Football (among others) into the D1 world. 

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I think Rice and UTEP would both be good additions.  Put the MW in Texas, the only conf. that would be in the 2 biggest states.  And it would help in recruiting Texas kids. 

Moneywise won't be much but not much is going to change that anyway.  So maybe Hawaii is going Indy and SJSt dropping sports?   just a rumor I started.

23 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I think Rice and UTEP would both be good additions.  Put the MW in Texas, the only conf. that would be in the 2 biggest states.  And it would help in recruiting Texas kids. 

Moneywise won't be much but not much is going to change that anyway.  So maybe Hawaii is going Indy and SJSt dropping sports?   just a rumor I started.

Add UTEP & Rice and I could see SDSU following BYU & Hawaii going independent

With the new rules regarding the number of members needed to keep a CCG, there is no reason to add anyone. Neither of those two will add more in NCAAT credits or bowl revenue than they'll take. 

If teams want to play in Texas, there are many FBS teams to schedule (Texas, Tx Tech, Baylor, TCU, Houston, SMU, Rice, UTEP, UTSA, Tx St, N. Texas) without having to feed more mouths from the minuscule conference revenue distributions.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Unless we're about to lose a current conference member this has no credibility whatsoever.  Of course the MWC would love to have a team in TX. 

But not in WEST Texas. Which is the main reason that although not mentioned by NMSUSucks, he's correct Rice would be a better choice than Texas El-Armpit.

Not that Rice would be a good addition either, mind you. Gotta have a member in Texas? Add UTSA.

Boom goes the dynamite.

35 minutes ago, pokerider said:

This statement is made a lot.  I'm just not sure there is any real benefit unless your adding to your conference a higher profile (i.e. Big XII, Houston, SMU) Texas school.  Not trying to be confrontational here but is adding UTEP or Rice really going to help MWC recruiting in Texas?  Sure more Texas high school athletes/coaches will have seen/heard of our schools if we come to Texas each year for conference games.  I just think Texas is so heavily recruited by virtually all FBS programs that what is leftover after the P5 and upper level G5 programs get their signees isn't really all that special. It might be that as a conference we might be able to recruit more Texas athletes but will they be talented Texas athletes?  I could be wrong but I've seen no proof that adding mid to lower level performing Texas schools lifts the athletic talent of a G5 conference.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii and UNLV are going to the Pac-14.

Makes perfect sense. After all, they're a collective 33-82 in football the last five years and therefore certain to tear it up in a power conference.

Boom goes the dynamite.