Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierRebel

Menzies to UNLV

Menzies can recruit.  Pascal Siakam would have been the best big in the MWC by a country mile.

10 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

Jermaine Haley is a 6'7" point guard.

And from Canada! How about Justin Jackson and Jalen Poyser staying on board? I bet within two weeks MM stabilizes UNLV's roster!

19 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

Would his 3 star recruits Reggie Todd and Jermaine Haley follow him to UNLV?

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/166/class/2016

Haley is a 6'7" PG?  Let's hope they follow MM.  We've got next to nothing now to work with and I'll take any warm body at this point.

I'll be openly rooting for Menzies to do well...it would be good for the conference to have a UNLV back to the level we all expect. 

Plus the fact that Marvin Menzies has been tried and convicted by many in that fanbase even before setting foot in court is very unfair to him. He's done a respectable job at NMSU despite the obvious disadvantages there.

He shouldn't be guilty by association of the mishandling of the coaching hire process by TMK and with the luke-warm reception the Board of Regents gave to Beard...give Menzies a fair shot before judging him prematurely.

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Loser talk.

Winners Win wherever they are.

Mediocre Marvin Menzies is a loser.

Watch and learn.

I'm pretty sure he's winning and taking his teams to the NCAA. A lot more than your past two coaches. 

roflbot.jpg

36 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Was @Rosegreen really a Rice apologist? If so, shouldn't he just STFU now?

He was the one screaming the loudest last March to retain Rice.

Dude is clueless. Almost at that PH level.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

16 minutes ago, Loboblast said:

I'm pretty sure he's winning and taking his teams to the NCAA. A lot more than your past two coaches. 

And getting 15 and 14 seeds, in other words taking advantage of one of worst conferences in country, that's much worse than Beard did in 1 year

Just now, sdsuphilip4 said:

And getting 15 and 14 seeds, in other words taking advantage of one of worst conferences in country

Last time I checked that's normal for a conference rated that low. Menzies can't help what's happening to the WAC. All he can do is win against the schedule he's handed. 

roflbot.jpg

23 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

He was the one screaming the loudest last March to retain Rice.

Dude is clueless. Almost at that PH level.

Actually I was screaming for TKM to be canned, she was very incompetent and didn't handle the matter last year in a professional way. 

Naturally, of course you were probably too short sighted to see that. 

I think the former WACkians plus UNM have way more respect for Menzies than the leftover MWC schools who don't have any respect for "lower tier" conferences. We've actually played NMSU on a regular basis. They aren't an easy out. 5 NCAAs and a NIt in 8 years is pretty good to me. Averaging 24 wins a season is pretty good, several of those years having to play Nevada and USU in their prime.

4 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Actually I was screaming for TKM to be canned, she was very incompetent and didn't handle the matter last year in a professional way. 

Naturally, of course you were probably too short sighted to see that. 

You were calling for her head because she almost canned that guy we called a coach.

She should be canned. Not just because of this whole coaching search, but for allowing that fraud Dave Rice to completely destroy this program when Kruger practically gifted him a perfect job.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

You want to direct vitriol towards someone? TKM is the person. Do not poison the well of the basketball coach because the administration is incompetent. Everyone who bitched about people not supporting Rice are literally the same people who aren't supporting Menzies. Is it a dynamite hire? No. Is he a great coach? No, but he is a good one. He is willing to come into a bad situation, he deserves some respect for that.

Plus, if you knew what actually happened, you'd realize it was a shitstorm from the start with the entire athletic department being on their heels since they got punched in the jaw in early March.