Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV newspaper to change its name because it's editor says the name is racist

This is just embarrassing... Rene who is probably a Hillary supporter (oh sorry for the generalization) should just crawl back under the rock out in the Mojave she crawled out from. 

Seriously I always think of this....

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

17 minutes ago, Willden4UNLV said:

Yell is a racist word, hear. When I think of the word Yell, I think of those white supremacist plantation owners Yelling at those poor slaves and I think to myself, I hope I never hear that word again. That word is racist, hear.  Racist as hell.

Rebel yell?  Shit man, that's what Sherman heard when he marched through Atlanta.  He saw the Runnin' Rebels too. LOL

"We would like to be on the right side of history and we challenge the institution we cover and respect to follow suit."

LOL. Dis ++++ on a one way street to nowhere.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

ROFLMAO!!!

It took the editor of a major college newspaper 5 freakin' years to discover the origin of the term "Rebel Yell"?!?!

I couldn't care less about the political correctness, she just needs booted off campus for reflecting so poorly on the intelligence of the common UNLV student.

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

ROFLMAO!!!

It took the editor of a major college newspaper 5 freakin' years to discover the origin of the term "Rebel Yell"?!?!

I couldn't care less about the political correctness, she just needs booted off campus for reflecting so poorly on the intelligence of the common UNLV student.

Or is it a reach? Like most "racist" things people like to place blame upon.

Racism is alive and well....just not pointing to the right places.

Things like this and white people playing PC victim for others is what clouds the true racism out there.

Racism and rape are the only questionable things that can't be questioned. You're not supposed to question it, but in this day and age....it's hard not to.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

13 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

ROFLMAO!!!

What worries me is that she is on the 5 year plan..... it is completely embarrassing for my university to have this dope representing the student newspaper. 

25 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

"We would like to be on the right side of history and we challenge the institution we cover and respect to follow suit."

LOL. Dis ++++ on a one way street to nowhere.

In case she needs a reminder Nevada was on the right side of history, we were a Union state and the university has absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War

14 minutes ago, Willden4UNLV said:

These days anything is racist. Literally. I could say "look a tree", and some some bleeding heart is like, "You racist SOB, they used to hang black people in trees and make crosses to burn in their yards." 

2SP68V.gif

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, LakersGM1 said:

Exile this editor from our university. This stupidiy cannot be tolerated. Lost some respect for my school. 

1 hour ago, just_chris said:

In case she needs a reminder Nevada was on the right side of history, we were a Union state and the university has absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War

Yeah, but the Hey Reb mascot implies 'civil war rebel' all day long. But who cares. 

kat.jpg

38 minutes ago, Willden4UNLV said:

These days anything is racist. Literally. I could say "look a tree", and some some bleeding heart is like, "You racist SOB, they used to hang black people in trees and make crosses to burn in their yards." 

True story. At the company I used to work for in Reno, in the late 90's a guy won a big rodeo event and he attached the rope to his office wall with pictures of the event and his win to friends. The rope happened to have a noose at the end of course, and a certain someone complained to the gov for some major civil rights intimidation type thing, and the company got in big trouble. The most hardcore sensitivity training was incorporated from that point on indefinitely. 

It's silly put that on your wall and dumb to not think about how crazy the politics have gone too far in the modern workplace. But still, with pictures of the rodeo showing what the rope was for and then someone taking it as a lynch rope? Doesn't surprise me anymore.

kat.jpg

24 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah, but the Hey Reb mascot implies 'civil war rebel' all day long. But who cares. 

I don't see it, he looks like an older version of Terrible Herbst mascot 

1 hour ago, Willden4UNLV said:

Sad, true, and embarrassing. It's one thing I absolutely do NOT miss about the USA, the ongoing PC witch hunt and never-ending whining about anything conceivable somehow being racist.

How uncomfortable is it that in the so-called "Land Of The Freeeeeee", everyone has to constantly worry about every tiny little thing they say and do being flagged by the always-whining-and-looking-to-throw-the-Race-Card PC Police. 

The embarrasing saga of the Augmon butt-kissers on Rebel Net trying to play the Race Card is another sad example.

Traveling and living abroad puts a good perspective on how the other 95% of the world's population views that nonsense.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png