Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

Just now, BestintheWest said:

Not really. A couple OOC wins doesn't mean shit come March.

March = relevancy

Everything else is just a moral accomplishment.

You said relevant.  Now, you're defining it.  By your definition, we aren't relevant.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

You said relevant.  Now, you're defining it.  By your definition, we aren't relevant.

We aren't relevant right now...we're a program that can recruit and has some potential, but hasn't done shit with it in over 10 years.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

We aren't relevant right now...we're a program that can recruit and has some potential, but hasn't done shit with it in over 10 years.

We'll win around 22 games next year.  We can make the tournament in year 3.  The roster isn't where it needs to be.  Not enough ball handlers.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

We'll win around 22 games next year.  We can make the tournament in year 3.  The roster isn't where it needs to be.  Not enough ball handlers.

Not enough shooters

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Not enough shooters

this would help.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-already-ranked-and-trending-up-in-2018

Why he's trending up: Maybe my expectations for Hamilton were too high headed into the spring. Maybe he wasn't fully healthy. Whatever the reason, the spring wasn't great for Hamilton. To his credit, he bounced back in a big way as a scorer and versatile backcourt player during July.

Recruitment: UNLV, Washington State, Ohio State, Utah, Nevada, UCLA and others have offered.

Prediction: UNLV

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

this would help.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-already-ranked-and-trending-up-in-2018

Why he's trending up: Maybe my expectations for Hamilton were too high headed into the spring. Maybe he wasn't fully healthy. Whatever the reason, the spring wasn't great for Hamilton. To his credit, he bounced back in a big way as a scorer and versatile backcourt player during July.

Recruitment: UNLV, Washington State, Ohio State, Utah, Nevada, UCLA and others have offered.

Prediction: UNLV

We are on the outside looking in with Bryce Hamilton at this point.  We may not even get an official visit.

23 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

We are on the outside looking in with Bryce Hamilton at this point.  We may not even get an official visit.

well, he's already been here, so maybe he doesn't take it. if he commits, fine, if not, fine.

13 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

well, he's already been here, so maybe he doesn't take it. if he commits, fine, if not, fine.

I would like to be wrong, but I don't think I am.  I would like to see us land a true point guard.  I think we will be looking for a fifth year transfer at guard after next season.

43 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Mt.Zion Prep @MtZionPrep

Mt Zion would like to welcome 6'9" F Andre Rafus @cantstoprafus to the Warrior family for the 2017-18 season. Go Warriors!

Marcus Helton @MarcusHelton Aug 25

Andre Rafus was the top area player left on the board. Former TCU commit staying home for prep year. #DMVhoops

This makes sense. I heard he was having problems with grades. Hopefully we can reel him in next year.