Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

20 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

yep... i've been waiting to hear that he was offered, if menzies waited much longer he'd be in serious trouble, lol. woodbury is already starting to blow up in the spring games and is starting to get a lot of attention. i hope he commits soon.

fun little side note, i don't know if you're following brandon mason, our director of player personnel, but we've got to keep that guy here for the next 10 years, lol. his 9 year old kid is a baller, i watched him as a ball boy this year, he'd move around the 3 point line shooting 3s. his dad has been posting some of his basketball highlights, but the best one is on april 9 when he sank a shot from the second level of the mendenhall. crazy.

And he's a hard worker! He's johnny on the spot with the sweat mop.  Takes his job seriously. He's going places, that kid.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

And he's a hard worker! He's johnny on the spot with the sweat mop.  Takes his job seriously. He's going places, that kid.

i didn't know who he was until i saw his dad's posts..i just knew he could shoot 3s, from the corner, the elbow, and the top of the key, and i had a great time watching him. sometimes more fun than the games, lol.

i hope we get some of these players we're hoping for.

3 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I'd like to think that helps us, but Wooten is a 4 and McCoy is a 5. Wooten and McCoy can be on the floor at the same time.

True. I know some call Wooten a 4/5 hybrid. MJ Cage Jr also eligible next season, who is a 5.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'd be surprised if Juiston picks us over ISU though.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Every guy pays for sex either directly or indirectly.  When you take some chick out and pay on her behalf, you're indirectly paying for sex because you wouldn't do it if you thought there was zero chance for sex.

That's an ancient way of thinking. Women are much more progressive these days. I've had way more dinners/activities bought for me than the other way around. And to be honest, sex is the biproduct of enjoying someone and having a good time. 

01347c36d85dd3639a9fef9569d6a145375a31f5f3e0603ffec42d243f5d8d6a.jpg

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Shakur Juiston is supposedly deciding tonight.

Looks like it is just a twitter rumor originated from some Iowa St. fan who is still in HS.

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Looks like it is just a twitter rumor originated from some Iowa St. fan who is still in HS.

he's the one i feel the least confident about, i don't really think he comes here, but i would love to be wrong.

Just now, 4UNLV said:

he's the one i feel the least confident about, i don't really think he comes here, but i would love to be wrong.

Yeah I think he is gonna be a beast wherever he goes.

Him and McCoy would be nasty and instantly put UNLV back in as a contender.

5 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Has he visited Rhode Island yet? Heard they were in his top 5 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Jeff Waddilove just retweeted this.  I think that pretty much says he's the mystery player.

they were talking about him on the radio yesterday on my way home, a little bit of a 'payback' to tcu for fisher.

24 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

they were talking about him on the radio yesterday on my way home, a little bit of a 'payback' to tcu for fisher.

This is a fantastic pickup.  He's a top 60 level player, and he will cause matchup problems as his frame and game mature.

Looks like TCU won't have room for him.

Also looks like Shakur won't be coming here if this is the case.

Which sucks because Juiston is gonna be an absolute beast next season.

Rafus is a solid pickup if it happens. Not sure he produces much year 1. Hopefully he's in it for the long haul.

23 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Looks like TCU won't have room for him.

Also looks like Shakur won't be coming here if this is the case.

Which sucks because Juiston is gonna be an absolute beast next season.

Rafus is a solid pickup if it happens. Not sure he produces much year 1. Hopefully he's in it for the long haul.

Few freshmen produce right off the bat.