Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

13 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

If Rick Stansbury can land 4 and 5 star players at Western Kentucky...

Western Kentucky is somewhere in the top five for NCAA Tournament appearances for a non-P5 school.  They can sell history.

On 4/16/2017 at 8:31 PM, jdgaucho said:

On a smaller scale, Pasadena guard Bryce Hamilton was just offered by UC Santa Barbara.  He has an offer from UNLV too.

Rivals lists him as a 4*, 247 Sports and ESPN 3*

https://mobile.twitter.com/bham_10/status/853796622722924544

menzies was doing an in home visit with him tonight or tomorrow night. we'll see what happens.

11 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Goddamn, Iowa State fans are salty again. They are crying and whining since it appears that they lost out on Juiston to unlv. 

My crystal ball says Juiston, McCoy, and a guard end up at unlv. Not that it should surprise anyone following their recruiting.

cofield and adam hill were laughing about this today when i was listening on my way home, especially about one of their main bloggers. they must really hate going up against unlv by now. :D

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

menzies was doing an in home visit with him tonight or tomorrow night. we'll see what happens.

cofield and adam hill were laughing about this today when i was listening on my way home, especially about one of their main bloggers. they must really hate going up against unlv by now. :D

Iowa State beat us for a recruit back in the fall.

Sure sounds like McCoy took Oregon off the list. Tweets are saying that he is visiting UNLV and Izzo has last in home visit to see McCoy and convince him that MSU will have a spot for him. 

I think he'll announce unlv after its all said and done. Juiston to follow etc. 

The Brandon McCoy train to UNLV is picking up steam. Brodie DeSilva from San Diego Preps just pick UNLV on 247 Crystal Ball.

Let's add Amauri Hardy, 4 star point guard and no. 2 player out of Michigan to the discussion. He de-commited from Oklahoma State after Underwood left for Illinois. Hardy just finished his visit to Arkansas and is reported UNLV is next up. I see a little Marcus Banks in his game.

https://youtu.be/aLR973KgA3U

On 4/16/2017 at 8:32 PM, ph90702 said:

Joe Pasternack will learn quickly that he won't get four and five star players at Santa Barbara.

Looks like he just got one, albeit as a transfer.  Nevada backup PG Devearl Ramsey is reportedly transferring to UCSB.  In high school he was rated 4 stars by Rivals and 3 stars by ESPN and 247Sports.  I think he'll have three years of eligibility left.

3 and 4 star players are definitely within reach.

https://twitter.com/JoshGershon/status/854443357363290112

Gaucho..You will love Ramsey..He is a good player and a great teammate.  He did not leave Nevada under bad terms at all.  He was just caught behind Lindsey Drew and Marcus Marshall on the depth chart.  Lightning quick PG..

22 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Looks like he just got one, albeit as a transfer.  Nevada backup PG Devearl Ramsey is reportedly transferring to UCSB.  In high school he was rated 4 stars by Rivals and 3 stars by ESPN and 247Sports.  I think he'll have three years of eligibility left.

3 and 4 star players are definitely within reach.

https://twitter.com/JoshGershon/status/854443357363290112

I respect your loyalty to your program. Maybe in a couple of years UNLV can renew it's series with UCSB.

5 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

I respect your loyalty to your program. Maybe in a couple of years UNLV can renew it's series with UCSB.

Hopefully there will be numerous 4* players on both sides.  In the meantime, we're both starting over from scratch.

7 hours ago, PrimeReb said:

Let's add Amauri Hardy, 4 star point guard and no. 2 player out of Michigan to the discussion. He de-commited from Oklahoma State after Underwood left for Illinois. Hardy just finished his visit to Arkansas and is reported UNLV is next up. I see a little Marcus Banks in his game.

https://youtu.be/aLR973KgA3U

I like this one. He has "it".

Whether or not Marvin lands any of these guys I'm impressed. We just came off the worst season in our history and he's getting the ear of recruits at this level.  Prepare your ani, MW. This ain't Rice. Marvin got championships on his resume and he's going to start adding some more shortly.

If you favor point guards that can score A Hardy has it!

Amauri Hardy stats

2016-17 stat averages: 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 steals and 6 assists
Junior year averages: 21 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 6 steals
Sophomore year averages: 19-20 points (Only four games because of MCL injury)
Freshman year averages: 12-13 points per game