Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

You can cross Troy Brown Jr. off the list, but it's not that big of a deal.  He's got the typical, "I'm better than UNLV" attitude that a lot of local high school kids have.  I think we have a good chance with Chuck O'Bannon Jr. considering that his uncle would have gone to UNLV if not for the meddling NCAA.

4 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Losing Troy Brown isn't a big deal in the sense that he was always going to be a tough pull, he would have been a big get for UNLV tho.

He's not picking UNLV either.  He's picking Iowa State on Tuesday.  I do think Patrick Savoy Jr. will pick UNLV though.  He's also announcing on Tuesday.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You can cross Troy Brown Jr. off the list, but it's not that big of a deal.  He's got the typical, "I'm better than UNLV" attitude that a lot of local high school kids have.  I think we have a good chance with Chuck O'Bannon Jr. considering that his uncle would have gone to UNLV if not for the meddling NCAA.

2 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Losing Troy Brown isn't a big deal in the sense that he was always going to be a tough pull, he would have been a big get for UNLV tho.

did i miss something and troy brown committed somewhere? i saw his official visit list, but why on earth would he use an official to visit unlv? he's here all the time.. he'd be stupid to burn an official here.

on my wish list #1- O'Bannon, #2 - Brown, #3 -  PJ..

oh, and i would love to see savoy here.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

did i miss something and troy brown committed somewhere? i saw his official visit list, but why on earth would he use an official to visit unlv? he's here all the time.. he'd be stupid to burn an official here.

on my wish list #1- O'Bannon, #2 - Brown, #3 -  PJ..

oh, and i would love to see savoy here.

Stephen Zimmerman used an official visit, and so did Rashad Vaughn.

Just now, ph90702 said:

Stephen Zimmerman used an official visit, and so did Rashad Vaughn.

i just don't think that 100% means he has eliminated unlv. zimm already had his mind made up, and wanted the party. and why not? but if brown is still figuring it out, he already knows what's here. why not go check out as many as he can? if he goes somewhere else, so be it, i never had him pegged here. i just don't think not taking an official at your hometown means much. (and rashad didn't grow up here, so i get that one.)

29 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

troy brown and charles o'bannon are doing unofficials at unlv right now.

but taylor bern says he's certain that neither of them will become rebs.

He doesn't know sh*t.  He didn't think that Goodluck Okonoboh was coming here.  He probably thought that a lot of players who came weren't going to come.