Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Who ever said Cheating doesn't pay?

Am I the only one that's entertained by the fact that a donk homer posted this thread up? Talk about irony...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

22 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Am I the only one that's entertained by the fact that a donk homer posted this thread up? Talk about irony...

I'm sure I am setting my self up here but why is that ironic?  Year in and year out we have one of the highest APR's in the nation and we routinely recruit very good highschool students with offers from better academic institutions than anybody in the MWC.  We did have that plagerism thing with Child's in 2008 but if you fail a class at BSU you are sent packing.  If it our academic profile, Fresno is our closest peer.  Very similar academics.

51 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your right.  In a perfect world NC should be forced to fire Williams, reduce there scholarships for 10 years in all sports by 20 % and donate a significant portion of the revenue they made to the school districts they recruited those athletes from.  I think a $100,000,000 Hit would be fair. 

Much more fair than punishing the current players.  Punish the school, not the current players right.

cool-stry-panda.gif

1 hour ago, Dogs4Me said:

I am embarrassed BSU doesn't allow its players to get an education.

The irony is you think Fresno is superior in some way, which just shows how stupid you are.

49 minutes ago, retrofade said:

cool-stry-panda.gif

I think the thing is, that this is the most egregious investigation in modern history and the school does not have the integrity to formally admitt the wrong doing and take punitive action.  I mean this is insane that they have not been punished.  Boise got LOIC for one woman's tennis player and an estimated $800 in free food at the fast food resteraunts around campus and and 2 weeks of couch surfing.  All things being equell NC should be looking at 5 year plus post season ban in all sports that participated.

The fact nothing has been done is sad.  They should not be in the tournament this year.

17 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

It's sickening because most programs would have gotten the death penalty for that, yet UNC got.... absolutely no sanctions at all.

Exactly, what happened at UNC is so absurd and the way it has been handled is beyond insulting.  The fact NC has been and will be cashing checks from athletics worth more than any 8 MWC schools combined is the definition of what is wrong with D1 athlet ics.  North Carolina fans should be ashamed that there school has not self sanctioned.

24 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

It's sickening because most programs would have gotten the death penalty for that, yet UNC got.... absolutely no sanctions at all.

what's even more sickening is that a school loses out on a pay out....a school that played by the rules.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Exactly, what happened at UNC is so absurd and the way it has been handled is beyond insulting.  The fact NC has been and will be cashing checks from athletics worth more than any 8 MWC schools combined is the definition of what is wrong with D1 athlet ics.  North Carolina fans should be ashamed that there school has not self sanctioned.

what's even worse is the UNC fans are not ashamed.

4 minutes ago, SDDean said:

what's even worse is the UNC fans are not ashamed.

It is the most insane infraction in modern history and nothing has been done, nothing will be done, and UNC fans think the people in the wrong are the ones who keep talking about.

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your right.  In a perfect world NC should be forced to fire Williams, reduce there scholarships for 10 years in all sports by 20 % and donate a significant portion of the revenue they made to the school districts they recruited those athletes from.  I think a $100,000,000 Hit would be fair. 

Much more fair than punishing the current players.  Punish the school, not the current players right.

NC supposedly had this going on for 20 years.  In a perfect world this program would have gotten the death penalty.  There was basically no such thing as "student-athlete" at NC.

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This post, and its blatant admittance of ignorance is typically why i don't post in these threads.  This case is all on google, although i suggest you grain of salt RN&O

16 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The story quoted former Boise State safety Marty Tadman saying: "You hear which majors, and which classes, are the easiest and you take them. You're going to school so you can stay in sports. You're not going for a degree. ... It's a joke."

Good preemptive strike.  Props on the foresight.

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise has had a few players who were accepted to Ivy Legue schools, Stanford and the like who finished impressive academic careers.  If you do not make grades, you do not play.  When 2 players got busted for plagerism when I was in school I was told by players on the team Petersen's reaction was scary.

Wasn't Scandrick busted for plagiarism 3 times?  Out of curiosity, what did Petersen do anyway? 

12 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

Yeah.  That's like me starting a thread talking shit about stadium seating.

4 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Yeah.  That's like me starting a thread talking shit about stadium seating.

Or winning.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

If this happened at a place like Wyoming the NCAA would have cracked down hard even with no investigation.  Loss of post season tourney for 10 years, pay $1million to each P5 institution you played, loss of 6 schollies a year while on probation.  You know something like that.  With it being UNC they will most likely ask them to donate 10 dollars to some local charity. 

23 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

There are no math, engineering or science majors on the football team at any school not named Notre Dame, Ohio State, Miami or a very few select others.   You will see a couple freshman at Boise State every year list science as a major but by the time they are juniors their major is something much easier.

Bullshit, Jordan Dobrich Nevada's captain is a mechanical engineering major with a 3.8 gpa. There definitely are some.