Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

blu burros @ CSU Rams

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Thanks, I love college sports and my RAMS, I just try to step back and see it from the outside.  I get distracted by emotion plenty though.  That's just being a fan.

I live near FoCo, but out in the country.  What little is left of "country" around here.

I'll hit you up next time I'm there. Buy you a beer. 

25 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Scott Van Pelt just covered it on SC. He used his own stop watch to time it and it showed .7 seconds. Then he showed the shots fired by Drimics tweet on the show. This is going to cause an uproar for the MW. And they should overturn this shit.

I saw it.  I retract my compliment of the refs and now believe Boise got phucked by the refs.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I saw it.  I retract my compliment of the refs and now believe Boise got phucked by the refs.  

Bah. I can just see you twirling your evil mustache now thinking of the generated post/click counts by this.

It's a conspiracy I say, and you're in it with the MWC.

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

Bah. I can just see you twirling your evil mustache now thinking of the generated post counts by this.

It's a conspiracy I say, and you're in it with the MWC.

I can neither confirm nor deny this brilliant allegation. :ph34r:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Wow. I watched the whole game until the Webb basket and then turned off my TV in a fit of rage and went to the local pub to cool off with a beer. I just realized the Rams won and I'm in disbelief. That was an awful call, but I'm glad the Rams are finally the beneficiary of these amateur hour MW refs. 

10 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Nbc sports chimes in:

WATCH: Boise State robbed of insane, buzzer-beating win on incorrect timing by officials http://tw.nbcsports.com/Iqw 

According to that, it took longer for him to catch it, take a step, go up for a shot, release it, and the ball travel half way to the basket, than it did for the home court time clock person to start the clock. 

30 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

Wow. I watched the whole game until the Webb basket and then turned off my TV in a fit of rage and went to the local pub to cool off with a beer. I just realized the Rams won and I'm in disbelief. That was an awful call, but I'm glad the Rams are finally the beneficiary of these amateur hour MW refs. 

Luckily in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Both teams need to win the tournament to get to the dance. 

After watching the slow motion repeatedly, I find myself convinced the refs got it right.  Great shot, but it was late.  The release happens right when the clock switches from 0.4 to 0.3 (which means there was only 0.3 remaining), and the clock start has a delay longer than 0.3.

Both teams deserved the win.  Helluva game Boise.

5 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

There should have been like 1.3-4 seconds on the clock in the first place since they want to get all technical.. 

Wonder if we'll see a suspension.

Suspend who?  The refs come from a pool that include the B12 and I think the P12.  Those guys couldn't give a shit about some MWC game.  The MWC home offices haven't shown any indication in years that they want to stick their nose into the quality of officiating in any sport.

If this were OU v KS then it would be an ongoing controversy in the media.  As it is BSU v CSU rates a one night limelight for an officiating controversy, and Hair and Co will happily watch it fade away.  It's officially over.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

After watching the slow motion repeatedly, I find myself convinced the refs got it right.  Great shot, but it was late.  The release happens right when the clock switches from 0.4 to 0.3 (which means there was only 0.3 remaining), and the clock start has a delay longer than 0.3.

Ummm, huh? So what is the purpose of having a clock? 

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Suspend who?  The refs come from a pool that include the B12 and I think the P12.  Those guys couldn't give a shit about some MWC game.  The MWC home offices haven't shown any indication in years that they want to stick their nose into the quality of officiating in any sport.

If this were OU v KS then it would be an ongoing controversy in the media.  As it is BSU v CSU rates a one night limelight for an officiating controversy, and Hair and Co will happily watch it fade away.  It's officially over.

I was just getting ready to post that. It's a game that doesn't matter. If this were Kansas, Duke, or Kentucky we'd never hear the end of this. This will be forgotten tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The clock start delay guess you have is stupid at best and is made up.  The clock hits .7 in the 5th second of the video.  The play clock hits zero at 10 seconds.  That is a .14 per second interval.  James touches the ball in the 3rd second of the video which puts the total time around .68 seconds for the entire play.  Which is almost exactly what ESPN got on their time overlay with way more sophistication then your made up theory.  The ref saying they got 1.2 seconds is laughable.  The fix was in.