Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

blu burros @ CSU Rams

Just now, LoFasZz said:

Lol at Boise State JuCo. That's what you get for being Trucker U.

Cant stop laughing. 

WTF does any of that have to do with the issue at hand?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

WTF does any of that have to do with the issue at hand?

I'm in shock,. You actually contributed thoughtful insight to a Boise State thread. You are my new favorite Fresno poster for, at least, one post. 

For what it's worth, from what I read and the replays I've seen, I can't really tell whether the refs got it "technically" right or not.  However, I question why they went to such lengths to investigate something that is just never drilled down on to that extent.  It's like running DNA tests from a jaywalking scene.  Why would they do that?  Dig deep enough and you can justify any result, but has anyone ever really dug that deep on a final shot?  I mean, timing the replay with a stopwatch to the .001 sec?

It may be a legit (and justifiably controversial) CSU win, or it may be a hose job.  I can't tell.  I have to wonder though, why they took such extraordinary measures.  It wasn't the NCAA's or even the conference tourney.  Neither team is in line for the dance, and the NIT was even looking like a "hope for" for Boise before the game even started, while CSU is pretty clearly out of it.  WTF motivated them to go to such lengths?  Ego?  Gambling?  Conspiracy?  Just plain having fun and didn't want it to end?

This will not affect the outcome in the league, but it sure will live on in infamy.

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm in shock,. You actually contributed thoughtful insight to a Boise State thread. You are my new favorite Fresno poster for, at least, one post. 

Look, I cannot have some fag like LOLJIZZ horning in on my donk bashing...that flamer needs to recognize this is my board for donk bashing.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Scott Van Pelt just covered it on SC. He used his own stop watch to time it and it showed .7 seconds. Then he showed the shots fired by Drimics tweet on the show. This is going to cause an uproar for the MW. And they should overturn this shit.

I think, therefore I'm.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

For what it's worth, from what I read and the replays I've seen, I can't really tell whether the refs got it "technically" right or not.  However, I question why they went to such lengths to investigate something that is just never drilled down on to that extent.  It's like running DNA tests from a jaywalking scene.  Why would they do that?  Dig deep enough and you can justify any result, but has anyone ever really dug that deep on a final shot?  I mean, timing the replay with a stopwatch to the .001 sec?

It may be a legit (and justifiably controversial) CSU win, or it may be a hose job.  I can't tell.  I have to wonder though, why they took such extraordinary measures.  It wasn't the NCAA's or even the conference tourney.  Neither team is in line for the dance, and the NIT was even looking like a "hope for" for Boise before the game even started, while CSU is pretty clearly out of it.  WTF motivated them to go to such lengths?  Ego?  Gambling?  Conspiracy?  Just plain having fun and didn't want it to end?

This will not affect the outcome in the league, but it sure will live on in infamy.

You are typically one of the most level headed posters on this board and you rarely stray from that. 

Side note: do you live in FoCo? 

22 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

So I was only able to follow on gametracker.  Just now getting the jist of how this went down.  Sounds wild.

As a RAM fan, I think our course of action is clear.  Fire the clock operator.  We shouldn't have to rely on the ref's for home cooking!

Seriously, I didn't see it.  From what it sounds like, I'd be spitting nails if I was a BSU fan.  OTOH, it's the MWC.  It's what we all signed up for.

Meh.  It's a loss because Rice didn't coach them to block their man out on the defensive glass.  Offensive boards and second chances are why they lost, it never should have been close the way they were shooting.

Refs stole it in the end, twice with the 'carry' call that they could call all game if they wanted to.  But a tough well coached team wouldn't have let it be that close at the end. 

Just once home cooking in Boise would be nice from the MWC refs though. Can't recall the last time the Broncos got it.

1 minute ago, Dogs4Me said:

Look, I cannot have some fag like LOLJIZZ horsing in on my donk bashing...that flames needs to recognize this is my board for donk bashing.

Exactly. We deserve a QUALITY troll. You don't send Jar Jar Binks to be Luke Skywalker's nemesis. You send Darth Vader. This isn't amateur hour. (Refs aside.)

2 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Look, I cannot have some fag like LOLJIZZ horning in on my donk bashing...that flamer needs to recognize this is my board for donk bashing.

What does @LoFasZz's sexuality have to do w/anything?

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This.  It is not the first time the refs screwed a team out of a win and it will not be the last time.  Whatever.  Time to move on and figure out how to make a run in e conference tourney.  Harping on this will not change anything.  I hope if we see you in the MWC tourney we can beat you, if we can't it just reinforces that this was a meaningless game.

Dude, you will not take us in the conference tourney.  Did you not see how we dominated you tonight.  :D

If nothing else, the rivalry takes on some bitterness.  That always adds something to the game.

2 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Meh.  It's a loss because Rice didn't coach them to block their man out on the defensive glass.  Offensive boards and second chances are why they lost, it never should have been close the way they were shooting.

Refs stole it in the end, twice with the 'carry' call that they could call all game if they wanted to.  But a tough well coached team wouldn't have let it be that close at the end. 

Just once home cooking in Boise would be nice from the MWC refs though. Can't recall the last time the Broncos got it.

That carry call was probably worse than the "shot called off" one. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

You are typically one of the most level headed posters on this board and you rarely stray from that. 

Side note: do you live in FoCo? 

Thanks, I love college sports and my RAMS, I just try to step back and see it from the outside.  I get distracted by emotion plenty though.  That's just being a fan.

I live near FoCo, but out in the country.  What little is left of "country" around here.

Pointing at Leon distracts from the egregious screw job.

He could have coached better, players could have shot better, rebounded better, etc. But the teams are what they are and at the end of the day, BSU made the shot that won this game. Should it have come down to that last shot? Maybe not. But it did. And it went in. And in time.