Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SangerBulldog

San Diego at Fresno

18 minutes ago, backthataztec said:

Good game, Fresno. Just couldn't solve that zone and we made too many turnovers. Missed free throws killed us as well.

Pretty much what I was going to post. Good game Bulldogs. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

22 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

GIVE ROD TERRY an EXTENSION !!!! 

Imagine, their fans wanted to dump him.  He really outsmarted Fisher tonight.  Whenever we got a lead he went to the zone and stopped our scoring while Fresno caught up.  Not knowing how to effectively attack the zone has been Fisher's weakness which is why we rarely play a zone ourselves. Defense is his deal.  Tonight was a blueprint of what our opponents will do from here on out.  You don't need fast rangy athletic guys to be effective.  Fresno proved that.    

10 hours ago, Loboblast said:

Congrats Fresno.

That's now 2 games and 1st place in the conference standings that have cost the Lobos due to the shitty refs saving SDSU

Yeah, the rowboat's other three losses have nothing to do with being in 2nd place.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Aztectone said:

Nice win Fresno, way to many turnovers, and crapped the bed at the free throw line.

Plus a great little zone by Fresno that forced poor mid range shots on our part.

That's pretty much the story as I saw it too...the zone undid SDSU down the stretch and I think Fresno picked up around 20 points off turnovers...we really we're undermanned with three larger bodied starters out (two missing the entire game and 1 going done in game) and that led to a huge rebound advantage for SDSU (something the Aztecs are good at anyway)..so, yeah, points of TO's and the zone were the keys to winning that game.  

Was a good game though...if somebody was going to knock you off in conference this year, it may as well be us.  Screw the rest...lol. 

BTW...I dig Fisher..enjoyed his half-time interview where he was preaching patience....I told the basketball player in my house to listen to what he's saying and learn...while my son's team is very successful, when they lack patience with sizable leads and launch ill advised shots early in the 35 (which is their shot clock) it can drive me nuts...Fisher teams like that balance, as do I!

Just now, TheDoggFather said:

Typical Rodney Terry team...play lights out and beat the class of the league one night...completely shit the bed and lost to a cellar dweller the next. 

You just never know what you're going to get with a RT squad.

Yep...they truly are a box of chocolates.

One week ago dropping one to an upstart (but clearly inferior) SJSU team..then squandering a 17 point lead at home only to eek it out in OT over a struggling UNLV squad..then we show up the next week and knock off the premier MWC team staring at 12 straight W's without 2 or 3 of our key players.  Perfect example of Terry's (super nice guy BTW) tenure.