Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Independent Status Hurting BYU's Home Attendance

8 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

The home and sports bar experience is often superior in terms of comfort, convenience, quality of food, and viewing amenities (replay, split screens, etc...). I know plenty of people who go to tailgates, then head home for the games now.

All Football programs need to begin re-thinking the fan experience from backing out of the garage before the game to pulling back in afterward.

CSU seem to be ahead of the curve on this one:

stadiumRenderings_0004_Layer-9.jpg

Sorry...h2o-color are in short-supply these days.

GO STATE...Beat the blu burros o' boise cc!!!

8 hours ago, TK_05 said:

honestly... the utah state for byu trade worked out well for the mw

maybe not for revenue but for fan sanity. utah state has basically been as good in football and i don't have to read constant byu verbal diarrhea in regards to basketball

plus i think logan fits better with the other mw teams than provo 

Agreed, but I'd still trade YBU for CSU-San Jose' for the long-haul.

GO STATE...Beat the blue burros o' boise cc!!!

7 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Steve Farmer Named Offensive Line Coach at Utah State

Embedded image permalink

Both CSU & Utah State are proud of our song Aggie foundation & heritage.  CSU would take a qualified Coach named Farmer in a heartbeat.

GO STATE...Beat the blu burros o' boise jc!!!

24 minutes ago, Ahbye said:

Yeah, please explain, lest you get caught up in confirmed confirmation bias for BYU.  The stats don't lie..oh and we've also finished in the top-25 more recently than BYU as well.  BYU has historically been the better program.  Over the past few years though, USU has had the edge, and the all-time is still +/- 10 games.

If that is true please explain the head-to-head record (BYU has won 4 of the last 5 and 14 of the last 16--but keep that edge you got going for you).

6 hours ago, Fido said:

Back on topic, BYU's attendance have tracked the college football average attendance trends since going independent for the most part (never doing worse than the average gain/loss per year).  Their attendance ranked 30th overall in 2015, had higher average attendance numbers than 36 P5 schools, and had the highest attendance of non-P5 schools by far (58,532 while the next closest team--Temple--had 14,373 less fans on average--at 44,159).  In short, BYU football attendance is fine compared to other FBS schools.

You may have good pt, but your 2015 relative attendance figures are worthless unless they are compared w/pre-indy data.

29 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

What does that have to do w/this thread?  The point is independence is hurting YBU home attendance.  Let's stay-on-pt.

Lucky for you that the WAC Back-Fill will bail y'all out in Oct-&-Nov.  Think how much worse it would be if boise jc, Northern Nevada, CSU-Fresno, CSU-Jose', Utah St, Hawai'i, etc... wasn't whoring themselves out to the-y.

GO STATE...Beat boise jc's blu burros!!!

That's not quantifiable due to numbers being down across the board.  You anything if consistent, however.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

38 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Think how much worse it would be if the WAC-Backfill wasn't bailing out YBU in Oct & Nov.

Thx boise cc, Northern Nevada, CSU-Jose', CSU-Fresno, Utah State, Hawai'i!!!

GO STATE...Beat the blu burros of boise jc!!!

e4cbb335815786555891a40e441609d2-300x240

5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

LOL, yeah USU for BYU worked out well for the MWC.  Some of you mental midgets never cease to amaze me with the nonsense you'll spew on this board...  "basically been as good in football"...  WOW!  LMAO! 

Let's dispense with the name calling & review some empirical data.  Your Bowl record over the last 4-season seem to disagree with assertion above:

3-1  Utah State Aggies

1-3  YBU Cougs

2012         Potato Bowl         Utah St BEATS Toledo        

2013         Poinsettia Bowl    Utah St BEATS NoIllinois       

2014         New Mèx Bowl     Utah St BEATS UTEP            

2015         Potato Bowl          Akron BEATS Utah St        

2012        Poinsettia Bowl     YBU BEATS CSUSD

2013        SF Bowl                Wash’gton BEATS YBU

2014        Miami Bch Bowl    Memphis BEATS YBU

2015        Vegas Bowl           Utah BEATS YBU

Y'all do have the 1-0 advantage over the Aggies in post-game bowl brawls & lead in nutt punchin'.

24 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That's not quantifiable due to numbers being down across the board.  You anything if consistent, however.

NOT TRUE:  Compare relative numbers (ie: nat'l attendance rankings) before-&-after going indy.  All of D-1A are dealing w/the same declining trends.

29 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

You may have good pt, but your 2015 relative attendance figures are worthless unless they are compared w/pre-indy data.

In 2010, BYU had an average attendance of 61,380 and was ranked #27 in attendance.

In 2015, BYU had an average attendance of 58,532 and was ranked #30 in attendance (being passed by UCLA, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss).

See--they have suffered due to independence, right?

But if you look closer at college football attendance for all FBS, the average attendance in 2010 was 45,912 and it fell in 2015 to 43,483 or -5.3% (2,429 bodies).  BYU's attendance declined by 2,848 bodies over that same time frame or -4.7%.  So they actually lost attendance LESS than the average FBS football team since they went independent.  If independence was causing the attendance decline, I would expect it to have been a steeper decline than the average FBS team.

4 minutes ago, Fido said:

In 2010, BYU had an average attendance of 61,380 and was ranked #27 in attendance.

In 2015, BYU had an average attendance of 58,532 and was ranked #30 in attendance (being passed by UCLA, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss).

See--they have suffered due to independence, right?

But if you look closer at college football attendance for all FBS, the average attendance in 2010 was 45,912 and it fell in 2015 to 43,483 or -5.3% (2,429 bodies).  BYU's attendance declined by 2,848 bodies over that same time frame or -4.7%.  So they actually lost attendance LESS than the average FBS football team since they went independent.  If independence was causing the attendance decline, I would expect it to have been a steeper decline than the average FBS team.

Good #'s.  Much more valuable than our earlier data.  The 3-spots y'all fell from 2010-2015 is negligible, as can be seen by your relative attendance percentages.

GO STATE...beat the blu burros o' boise cc!!!

21 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Let's dispense with the name calling & review some imperial data.  Your Bowl record over the last 4-season seem to disagree with assertion above:

4-1  Utah State Aggies

1-4  YBU Cougs

2013         Poinsettia Bowl    Utah St BEATS NoIllinois    |   

Y'all do have the 1-0 advantage over the Aggies in post-game bowl brawls & lead in nutt punchin'.

Hmm.... Aggies get the MAC's Toledo, Northern Illinois, Akron and C-USA's UTEP while BYU gets the PAC12's Washington, Utah, AAC's Memphis and MWC's SDSU?  Yeah, it's the same...  I'd be more interested in a comparison of how USU and BYU did vs the same conferences instead of assuming that the MAC/C-USA team = the PAC12/AAC/MWC team.

3 minutes ago, Fido said:

Hmm.... Aggies get the MAC's Toledo, Northern Illinois, Akron and C-USA's UTEP while BYU gets the PAC12's Washington, Utah, AAC's Memphis and MWC's SDSU?  Yeah, it's the same...  I'd be more interested in a comparison of how USU and BYU did vs the same conferences instead of assuming that the MAC team = the PAC12 or AAC team.

You are bragging on a 5-4 UofW Huskies team -&- a BIG Least 2.0 opponent....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

23 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Bowl games are meaningless unless you're in the ones that count.

Says the guy who's team is 0-for-it-last-3 Bowl Games.  Convenient.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

Let's dispense with the name calling & review some imperial data.  Your Bowl record over the last 4-season seem to disagree with assertion above:

3-1  Utah State Aggies

1-3  YBU Cougs

2013         Poinsettia Bowl    Utah St BEATS NoIllinois    |   

WTF is imperial data? Royal data for the empire of Brigham Logan? I'm not into spelling smack, but that one is pretty funny. I think you intended to go with "empirical data".

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

WTF is imperial data? Royal data for the empire of Brigham Logan? I'm not into spelling smack, but that one is pretty funny. I think you intended to go with "empirical data".

YUP

5 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Any imminent expansion to capacity in the works? 

There are plans, renderings and funding proposals, but I would not term them "imminent."

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

6 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

You are bragging on a 5-4 UofW Huskies team -&- a BIG Least 2.0 opponent....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm not bragging--just pointing out that not all bowl games are created equal.  Congrats on the USU domination of the MAC in bowl games though.