Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

2016 College Baseball Thread

Weather delays caused the eventual postponement.  First pitch scheduled 10:08 a.m. Pacific time on ESPNU.

June 30th is the last day of the 2015-2016 NCAA calendar, and also Coastal Carolina's last day in the Big South.  On July 1st they join the Sun Belt.

Come on  Coastal Carolina! I'm pulling for the little guy in this one, they're carrying the banner for the unwashed! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

ESPN had contractual obligations to broadcast the Euros and Wimbledon on ESPN and ESPN2.  Hence, the CWS finale being put on the U.

"For crowing there was not his equal in all the land. His voice was merrier than the merry organ that plays in church, and his crowing from his resting place was more trustworthy than a clock. His comb was redder than fine coral and turreted like a castle wall, his bill was black and shone like a jet, and his legs and toes were like azure. His nails were whiter than the lily and his feathers were like burnished gold." - Chaucer 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Coastal Carolina 4, Arizona 3.
G.K. Young's two run home run in the top of the 6th inning proved to be the difference for the Chanticleers, who scored four runs in that frame. Andrew Beckwith, making his third start of the College World Series, went 5 2/3 innings and allowed two unearned runs on six hits. He finished with a nation leading 15 wins and was the CWS Most Outstanding Player.

Bobby Dalbac took the loss for the Wildcats. He also went 5 2/3 innings and allowed four unearned runs on four hits. He walked three and struck out eight. Jared Oliva was 1-4 with a two run single.

The final College World Series standings with records included.

1st. Coastal Carolina (55-18)
2nd. Arizona (49-24)
Tied for 3rd. Oklahoma State (43-22) and TCU (49-18)
Tied for 5th. UC Santa Barbara (43-20-1) and Texas Tech (46-19)
Tied for 7th. Miami (50-14) and Florida (52-16)

15 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Weather delays caused the eventual postponement.  First pitch scheduled 10:08 a.m. Pacific time on ESPNU.

June 30th is the last day of the 2015-2016 NCAA calendar, and also Coastal Carolina's last day in the Big South.  On July 1st they join the Sun Belt.

The reasoning behind settling for a noon local time start.

http://www.omaha.com/sports/cws/ncaa-postpones-cws-championship-to-thursday-at-noon-out-of/article_e77ae7d4-3e6a-11e6-9727-ef0e4616f53e.html

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Well, safe to say the WCWS will be more watched than this CWS.  Again. 

This CWS was fun, though. 

I told you, @East Coast Aztec.  Sooner or later teams need a little pop in their lineup to reach the College World Series.  UCSB hit seven home runs in the first two rounds to get to Omaha.

Coastal Carolina led the nation in home runs.  This is what power can do for your team.

34 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I told you, @East Coast Aztec.  Sooner or later teams need a little pop in their lineup to reach the College World Series.  UCSB hit seven home runs in the first two rounds to get to Omaha.

Coastal Carolina led the nation in home runs.  This is what power can do for your team.

Pitching won in Omaha.  Power helped, but let's not get ridiculous.  

Here's a cool youtube video clip... but check out the chop block from a CC guy running out from the bench, to the shortstop running in... WTF!?!?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."