Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Recreational Marijuana on ballot in CA, NV, NM and Hawaii

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Really? Cause I said this:

and later, you posted this:

So it seems like you admitting there is no research means that for any of your claims, "there is zero evidence of this" is totally right. 

You made the claim that 1 beer was worse then getting high.   I made no claims so I had nothing to back up.

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

There is zero evidence of this and there is clear evidence that a beer or a glass of wine makes you a far worse driver, even if you're under the legal limit. 

Another, i talk out of my ass post from the 5 year old without an education.

16 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

There is plenty of research in my field showing increased irritability, aggression and intellectual deficits with marijuana use in pregnancy. I do agree that alcohol likely is worse but don't think that THC is harmless. It's much easier to do a prospective blinded study on a legal substance like alcohol than an illegal substance. For what it's worth, 20 percent of pregnant women in my hospital are positive for MJ.

The hospital drug tests pregnant women?    

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

You made the claim that 1 beer was worse then getting high.   I made no claims so I had nothing to back up.

Another, i talk out of my ass post from the 5 year old without an education.

I didn't say that 1 beer was worse than getting high. I said that there is evidence that 1 beer or glass of wine makes you a worse driver. You said that there is no evidence about marijuana. 

It's almost like you're too stupid to realize that when you post things, they stay on the board. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, RamSack said:

The hospital drug tests pregnant women?    

It was a study on incidence of positive screens and what substances done without identifying patient markers. That study is over. The pediatricians want to know as well to help with treatment. The feds mandate counseling for drug abuse so we do it on all new Ob patients though they can decline. We also do it on high risk patients or those who have fetal monitoring abnormalities. You don't think we should? It's better than poking the sick babies after they are born I think.

3 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

It was a study on incidence of positive screens and what substances done without identifying patient markers. That study is over. The pediatricians want to know as well to help with treatment. The feds mandate counseling for drug abuse so we do it on all new Ob patients though they can decline. We also do it on high risk patients or those who have fetal monitoring abnormalities. You don't think we should? It's better than poking the sick babies after they are born I think.

I really don't have an opinion.  It just seems like 1) an invasion of privacy (unless there's probable cause) and 2) something insurance wouldn't want to pay for.

4 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

I really don't have an opinion.  It just seems like 1) an invasion of privacy (unless there's probable cause) and 2) something insurance wouldn't want to pay for.

Doctors and hospitals would be smart to do such testing.

What happens when birth defects caused by drug or alcohol use are attributed instead to a doctor's or hospital's negligence? 

Interesting topic...

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/03/17/pot-pregnancy-drug-testing/31759/

28 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Doctors and hospitals would be smart to do such testing.

What happens when birth defects caused by drug or alcohol use are attributed instead to a doctor's or hospital's negligence?  

Interesting topic...

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/03/17/pot-pregnancy-drug-testing/31759/

It still seems like an invasion of privacy, especially if the lady refused and the hospital did it anyways without having a good reason.  The only thing I got out of that article is, "It is really a complex situation" which means there are lots of scenarios that can/will/need-to-be tested in courts.

10 minutes ago, RamSack said:

It still seems like an invasion of privacy, especially if the lady refused and the hospital did it anyways without having a good reason.  The only thing I got out of that article is, "It is really a complex situation" which means there are lots of scenarios that can/will/need-to-be tested in courts.

Drug testing is an issue that U.S. medical providers are increasingly likely to confront. The incidence of babies born dependent on drugs, especially opioid painkillers and heroin, nearly doubled from 2009 to 2012, according to research by Patrick. Hospitals charged $1.5 billion to treat babies in withdrawal in 2012, according to the same study.

There are many medical reasons to screen pregnant women and new mothers for drug use, experts say: to provide proper prenatal care, to prevent pregnancy complications and to anticipate problems that may arise at birth. Many medical organizations, including the American Medical Association, support universal screening: asking women about their use of drugs as well as legal substances, such as alcohol and tobacco, that can affect prenatal health as much, if not more, than illicit ones.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-some-alabama-hospitals-drug-test-new-mothers-without-their-consent

Regarding weed being more or less safe than alcohol I think it is a common sense issue and the answer is both yes and no depending on the variables.  If I have never smoked weed or only smoke it very rarely and took a huge bong hit, I would not be safe to drive.  If I drink whisky every night and have a few beers with dinner one night out with friends I will probably be ok to drive.  If I smoke weed daily, I could take a few puffs and be ok to drive.  This is not rocket surgery folks.

Not reading the whole thread since it's too long now....my 2 cents:

Should be a state issue and settled through a vote. Drug is similar to alcohol IMO....if a state doesn't want to legalize it, fine. If a state does, so be it. Shouldn't be banned at the federal level. 

Anything not written out in the constitution is left to the states.....

FYI I voted to legalize in Colorado

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Regarding weed being more or less safe than alcohol I think it is a common sense issue and the answer is both yes and no depending on the variables.  If I have never smoked weed or only smoke it very rarely and took a huge bong hit, I would not be safe to drive.  If I drink whisky every night and have a few beers with dinner one night out with friends I will probably be ok to drive.  If I smoke weed daily, I could take a few puffs and be ok to drive.  This is not rocket surgery folks.

Rocket surgery?  You token up?

OK, beyond giving you shyt, I agree with you.

The World Needs More Cowboys!