Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Potato Bowl

Crappy weather for this game. I doubt many local people are going to be in attendance with the weather and early start time.

Looks like Aggies are favored by 7. I know absolutely nothing about the Zips this year.

Any USU fans going to be there? I remember a few years back when you guys hadn't been to a Bowl game in quite some time and there was a lot of excitement about the Potato Bowl. Haven't really heard anything about it this year. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Good luck Aggies in the Potato (Potahtoe) bowl 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Who came up with the time slot? I'm bummed I won't be able to see it live.

I'm going to stream this game on my phone at work

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Terry Bowden has coached everywhere from Division III in Salem (West Virginia) to Auburn in the SEC. Twenty-two years of coaching at five different schools at every level of college football.

"But this season may be the most gratifying," said the University of Akron coach.

I talked to Bowden in his office the day before his team was to leave for Boise, Idaho.

His Akron Zips will play Utah State at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday on the Boise State blue field in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

"People can say there are so many bowls, so what's the big deal?" said Bowden. "But this is the first time in 10 years that Akron has had a winning record, the first time they are going to a bowl game since 2005."

In 2005, J.D. Brookhart led Akron to a 7-6 record and spot in the Motor City Bowl, where the Zips lost to Memphis State, 38-31. Since then, it's been mostly gloom and doom for Akron football ... until this season.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Don't know why ESPN didn't put the Boca Bowl on at 12:30 and then the potato bowl on at 4:00.  Or better yet put the Boca bowl at 2:00 and the potato at 5:30.  There are no other football games on tonight to compete with.

4 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Terry Bowden has coached everywhere from Division III in Salem (West Virginia) to Auburn in the SEC. Twenty-two years of coaching at five different schools at every level of college football.

"But this season may be the most gratifying," said the University of Akron coach.

I talked to Bowden in his office the day before his team was to leave for Boise, Idaho.

His Akron Zips will play Utah State at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday on the Boise State blue field in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

"People can say there are so many bowls, so what's the big deal?" said Bowden. "But this is the first time in 10 years that Akron has had a winning record, the first time they are going to a bowl game since 2005."

In 2005, J.D. Brookhart led Akron to a 7-6 record and spot in the Motor City Bowl, where the Zips lost to Memphis State, 38-31. Since then, it's been mostly gloom and doom for Akron football ... until this season.

Is this your writing or did you forget to drop the link in?

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

what? Stuff relevant to whats going on.

didn't try to pass off anything. wow.

They're just saying you need to provide a link, if you use quotes from articles. Message boards have been in legal trouble in the past for not citing their sources.

Why does ESPN put bowl games in the middle of the week at such a crappy time? I can't imagine this gives them a significant ratings boost. Is this just part of playing in a western bowl? The stadium is going to be empty between the snow, time slot, and poor teams playing (not that ESPN cares about that).