Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ag4fr

Why is byu so hated on here?

By my count, there is 123 total members of the football team (including guys not eligible to play this year like Dayan Lake and Squally Canada, members of the scout team, redshirts, etc.).  I count a total of 85 returned missionaries--51 of whom are scholarship athletes.

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

Reason #21 - Kai Nacua sucker punches.

When Kai Nacua got the starting job, Leavitt transferred to USU.

You should be grateful to Kai.

1 hour ago, loboman59 said:

There's an obvious answer to your reply jackmormom... I'll let you figure that part out.... and I think I heard there is one UNM football player that is playing for UNM right now after returning from some type of missionary, though I don't know if it was an LDS mission or some other religious mission. And you make my argument about the 74 RM's in your rebuttal. What's the normal number of players on a football team... 85 scholarship players, plus walkons... that's a HUGE number if that is the case with BYU football.

I'm sure not all of them are starters on your FB team, but that's 74 players that are at least 2 years older, and more mature than most of their current teammates, let alone from another schools. You can't argue that that is NOT some kind of an advantage?

STOP the MWC Board!!!  Am I reading this post right?  Are you responding to Jackmormon's comments and referencing BYU as Jackmormon's team???  Hell has indeed frozen over.  This is the funniest post I have ever read on this board.  Priceless!!!