Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ag4fr

Why is byu so hated on here?

1. Because they continually dredge up old threads that have been hashed and re-hashed to the tune of hundreds of pages and then they reply 50 times to their own new posts even though nobody responds to theirs. 

Feel free to add to the list...

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

There's only one week out of the year that I hate BYU, all other times they are

our brother's from a bunch of other mothers (and one father) that will pave

our way to the B12.

That's a lie.  You had numerous months of sig gifs mocking zoobs.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Just sayin'.

16 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

1. Because they continually dredge up old threads that have been hashed and re-hashed to the tune of hundreds of pages and then they reply 50 times to their own new posts even though nobody responds to theirs. 

On here?  I don't understand what this board has to do with it?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Them being on this forum isn't really appropriate, being they are no longer in the mwc. But when the mwc was just afa, BYU, csu, sdsu, TCU, unlv, unm, uw, and Utah, I liked BYU a lot. Class act team and fans. Then again, I really liked the old mwc. No bad feelings towards sjs, Fresno, usu, bsu, Hawaii, or reno. Together, we make a good conference. Simply saying I've never had a problem with BYU. But having teams comment on this forum or talking about teams not part of the conference, unless we are playing them, is crap. 

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Truth? Because they were constantly kicking everyone's arse in the conference, and fans of the others schools felt it was because they had a built in advantage by being able to play older more mature athletes across the sports spectrum, due to their having to go off on 2 year missions. That, and perceived, "rich white kids" syndrome.

I have no problem with playing BYU. They were always the program to shoot for, and beating them in any sport was considered an accomplishment due to their advantages... kinda like when beating BSU in football is considered an accomplishment.,, which it certainly was for us (UNM).

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

25 minutes ago, loboman59 said:

Truth? Because they were constantly kicking everyone's arse in the conference, and fans of the others schools felt it was because they had a built in advantage by being able to play older more mature athletes across the sports spectrum, due to their having to go off on 2 year missions. That, and perceived, "rich white kids" syndrome.

I have no problem with playing BYU. They were always the program to shoot for, and beating them in any sport was considered an accomplishment due to their advantages... kinda like when beating BSU in football is considered an accomplishment.,, which it certainly was for us (UNM).

That's a cop out. BYU only has 74 return missionaries on their football team. Plus, if it's such an advantage, why don't other schools load up on RMs?

I always gotbthe feeling from interacting with there fans that they thought they were better than everyone else and not just on the field. This wasnt coming from graduates of BYU but people who just supported the team. There was also a cockiness exubed when they left the conference of we are better than all of you on the front range. Plus it really through a snag in our schedule trying to find an extra game that year. Now that afa plays utah state every other year in utah i really dont see air force ever scheduling BYU again. No offense we dont need them to recruit in utah anymore. There is a reason only the none of the old school MWC school have scheduled them

2 hours ago, afacademydad said:

Them being on this forum isn't really appropriate, being they are no longer in the mwc. But when the mwc was just afa, BYU, csu, sdsu, TCU, unlv, unm, uw, and Utah, I liked BYU a lot. Class act team and fans. Then again, I really liked the old mwc. No bad feelings towards sjs, Fresno, usu, bsu, Hawaii, or reno. Together, we make a good conference. Simply saying I've never had a problem with BYU. But having teams comment on this forum or talking about teams not part of the conference, unless we are playing them, is crap. 

This is the first time in the history of the English language, that BYU and class act have been used in the same sentence. 

6 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

This is the first time in the history of the English language, that BYU and class act have been used in the same sentence. 

Ive been to a football game at byu i wouldn't use class act as a term to describe them now wyo there fans are a class act

Sing the following list to "these are a few of my  favorite things "from Sound of Music ( for you heathens) since it's almost Christmas.

Ice Cream Envy!

Cougar Outrage!

Nut punches!

Honor code violations!

Ugly Women/Effeminate men!

Superiority/ Inferiority complexes.

28 year old players!

Owning Idaho!

Gay music videos!

Spirit Honor Integrity Tradition Jerseys!

Football comes 15th!

Happy endings at strip clubs!

Repentance at the Jail!

These are a few of my favorite cougar things....

Second verse..

Cougar Tails..

Floating..

Nameless and faceless.

Stealing recruits 

Playing on the edge of the rules.

Jimmer

Bronco

Sex before marriage

Clueless and Classless

These are a few more least favorite things.

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

That's a cop out. BYU only has 74 return missionaries on their football team. Plus, if it's such an advantage, why don't other schools load up on RMs?

David Collette was one.   But he transfered to Utah. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, ag4fr said:

Don't look at me!! 

I've told you already.   I want BYU expanded from 35,000 to 50,000 students.  Those extra 15,000 slots would fill up in one hour....there'd be a huge rush to grab them.   Dreams would come true.  More overall happiness.  And USU class sizes would be smaller, helping USU academics improve as well. 

I haven't met one person who thinks that the solution to BYU hate isn't easily solved by simply expanding the student enrollment to 50,000....

Does any USU fan think it'd be a bad thing to expand BYU enrollment? 

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, geai said:

Ive been to a football game at byu i wouldn't use class act as a term to describe them now wyo there fans are a class act

Wyoming lost its whole identity when they stopped brutalizing BYU fans.   Now look how lost and confused Cowboys Athletics is. 

As we all know,  Wyoming fans are on this earth to throw stuff and yell insults at BYU fans.  BYU fans are terrified of Wyoming fans (it's the truth). 

When Wyoming returns to its roots, only then their football team will improve. 

10 hours ago, bigbluebaby said:

Sing the following list to "these are a few of my  favorite things "from Sound of Music ( for you heathens) since it's almost Christmas.

I've Cream Envy!

Cougar Outrage!

Nut punches!

Honor code violations!

Ugly Women/Effeminate men!

Superiority/ Inferiority complexes.

28 year old players!

Owning Idaho!

Gay music videos!

Spirit Honor Integrity Tradition Jerseys!

Football comes 15th!

Happy endings at strip clubs!

Repentance at the Jail!

These are a few of my favorite cougar things....

Second verse..

Cougar Tails..

Floating..

Nameless and faceless.

Stealing recruits 

Playing on the edge of the rules.

Jimmer

Bronco

Sex before marriage

Clueless and Classless

These are a few more least favorite things.

Replaygate

And really, why are you YBU on this board? You wanted "Independence" you got it. Go, Leave!

12 hours ago, jackmormon said:
12 hours ago, jackmormon said:

There's an obvious answer to your reply jackmormom... I'll let you figure that part out.... and I think I heard there is one UNM football player that is playing for UNM right now after returning from some type of missionary, though I don't know if it was an LDS mission or some other religious mission. And you make my argument about the 74 RM's in your rebuttal. What's the normal number of players on a football team... 85 scholarship players, plus walkons... that's a HUGE number if that is the case with BYU football.

I'm sure not all of them are starters on your FB team, but that's 74 players that are at least 2 years older, and more mature than most of their current teammates, let alone from another schools. You can't argue that that is NOT some kind of an advantage?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."